[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name the HARDEST video game you can think of for Non Nintendo systems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Cham.png (293KB, 360x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cham.png
293KB, 360x500px
Name the HARDEST video game you can think of for Non Nintendo systems
>>
>Kid chameleon
>hard

Mike Cerny go back to /v/.
>>
Wizardry 4 was never ported to a Nintendo system.
>>
File: wiz4.png (10KB, 560x384px) Image search: [Google]
wiz4.png
10KB, 560x384px
>>3846108

OP said Non Nintendo
>>
Fatal Rewind. It did the whole "PREPARE TO DIE" thing decades before the Souls series.
>>
Super Fantasy Zone
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Thunder Force IV / Lightening[sic] Force
Shadow Dancer
Most of the Shinobi games, really
>>
>>3846103
This is hard for me to gauge. "Hard" to me implies "challenging but still playable." A lot of the really "hard" games to me seem impossible, and I put those into a different category.
>>
>>3846106
Mate, the first 70% of the game is you massing extra lives for the endgame
>>
That little dude looks like he slices people's throats open without flinching. So cool.
>>
>>3846103

They actually managed to pull off some technical wonders with that game, considering the time in which it was made.
>>
>>3846679
>70% of the game farming lives
That isn't good game design.
>>
>>3846103
I always thought games like decap attack were more difficult. Taz-mania as another example. Toki for a third example.

>KC was challenging for me but never caused me to rage
>>
>>3846730
I'm sorry I forgot about your mental disorder. I'm saying "The game takes a fucking huge difficulty spike"
>>
>>3846730
>Having a difficulty curve is bad game design.
>>
>>3846730
>bad game design
>thread about hardest games
>>
>>3846103
IO
>>
>>3847257
Difficulty doesn't mean bad level design.

>>3846743
Oh, I thought you said you need to farm lives or something.
>>
>>3848206
Yeah that's my point. I don't know why you're bringing up critiques of game design in a thread about difficulty
>>
>>3848206
You can just take a bunch of warps and skip the life farming altogether if you're good enough.
>>
>>3846664
Ah, the Killing Game Show. That game was more of a puzzler than action.
>>
>>3846103
I used an emulator and savestates to cheat my way through kid chameleon

it was still ridiculously hard, and took me over a month.
>>
But Nintendo systems have the easiest games of any system.
>>
>>3850302
NON Nintendo Systems.
>>
>>3850306
The implication is that all the hardest games are on Nintendo systems, which is totally false as Nintendo systems have the easiest games.
>>
File: DOJBL01.jpg (1MB, 1354x1924px) Image search: [Google]
DOJBL01.jpg
1MB, 1354x1924px
DAI OU JOU
>>
R-Type 2 or Gradius 3 both loops
>>
>>
>>3846685
So radical dude
>>
>>3850307
>either-or fallacy
>>
>>3850307
I don't think OP was implying that, but anyway I think the console with the easiest games is playstation.
>>
>>3848147
holy fucking shit
>>
File: cannon-fodder_1.gif (11KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cannon-fodder_1.gif
11KB, 640x480px
>>
>>3850307
what the fuck kind of bullshit logic is this
>>
>>3846103
I always stop playing at the snow levels, as a kid and used game genie to see the final boss.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.