[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think Santa Claus was onto something with this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: smithy.png (41KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
smithy.png
41KB, 512x448px
I think Santa Claus was onto something with this.
>>
Nah, he was just poorly written like most Square antagonists.
>>
>>3843614
This is one of many veiled depictions of westerners/americans as evil conquerors. Square's games are full of such allusions. Final Fantasy VII is a perfect example. Shinra is an evil corporate dictatorship headed by a blond-haired, blue-eyed man. They go to war with not-Japan (Wutai) and are just all around assholes to everyone. It was more obvious in retro games but japanese devs do this all the time.
>>
>>3843614
This game was pretty fun. The only downside is that it's pretty easy and a lot of people consider it babby's first rpg.

>>3844624
I've always thought this. There's so much references to stuff in Square games but the whole "evil corporations" thing is a recurring theme. Smithy is so America, especially when you consider what's going on in his 2nd form. He turns into a tank, an iron mask that looks like a coffin, a treasure chest that spams negative status effects and a scary mage that spams weapon rains. He also shoots bullets out of his finger guns. After all, the whole villain theme is filling the world with weapons out of his otherworldly weapon's factory.
>>
>>3844642
But anon, it IS babby's fist RPG.

That doesn't make it bad game though.
>>
File: santa_game.jpg (130KB, 646x490px) Image search: [Google]
santa_game.jpg
130KB, 646x490px
This is a Santa Claus game.
>>
>>3844680
my favorite genre of games
>>
>>3844680
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYPbXg3QAo
>>
It's a trick, if kids stopped having Christmas wishes then Santa wouldn't have to do any work.
>>
>>3844624
FFVI is a good example too.

>Kefka and Gestahl are evil White men. Every person who serves the evil empire is White.
>The heroes are freaks, social outcasts, defeated peoples, minorities, people from low-tech societies, and white people with white guilt.
>Japanese samurai and ninja portrayed as honorable people.
>Technology is portrayed in a negative light.
>Kefka's Light of Judgement symbolizes the atomic bomb used by US during WWII.
>>
Why not just wish for weapons?
>>
>>3845872
because then someone could wish for you to not have weapons
>>
>>3843614

>Santa gives you coal on the very first turn

Fuck Santa and his polymorphing chemeny shenanigans.
>>
>>3843614
The music on the first part of this bossfight is max comfy
>>
>>3844676
>>3844642
Its amazing how easy it is now compared to playing it when it first came out. I dunno how long I spent as a kid making sure I could handle bosses, but playing a few months ago I breezed through them all in no time at all.
>>
>>3844642
>He also shoots bullets out of his finger guns.
Not to nitpick, but so does Geno, and he serves "a higher power."
>>
The dialogue in this game was pretty funny sometimes. I wish we would've gotten a true SMRPG sequel. Mario and Luigi and Paper Mario spiritual successors are cool, but a true sequel would've been great.

How would it even work out nowadays?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.