[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NES Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: wojak45.jpg (16KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
wojak45.jpg
16KB, 189x266px
Hey guys. I recently got into NES collecting. I know what essentials to pick up, but there are a few I'm indecisive one. Could you guys tell me whether or not each game listed is worth pruchasing for market price, and a short reasoning? greatly appreciated

>Excitebike
>NES Zapper (I have Duck Hunt/Mario)
>Ice Climber
>Balloon Fight
>Donkey Kong Classics
>Rad Racer
>Super Mario Bros. 2
>>
yes
yes
not really
yes
no
only if you like monotonous racing games
yes
>>
>>3843607
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME, NOW
>>
>>3843607
Thanks for you input
>>
>>3843607

I'm gonna disagree with the Donkey Kong Classics suggestion (I think it's essential), but otherwise, yeah. In fact, I would downgrade Ice Climber to solid no.
>>
>>3843604
The pixel art games are all pretty cool to collect, but I wouldn't play DK or Rad Racer ever. Balloon Fight and Ice Climber not much at all. I don't really play Excitebike since I can play Vs. Excitebike from my everdrive with 2 players. Zapper is fun occasionally if you have a CRT but duck hunt gets old fast. If you're going to buy a zapper, pick up some other zapper games too.

Of this list, Mario 2 is the only game I'd play much personally.
>>
>>3843745
>He doesn't like Balloon Fight
That's a problem on your end, sir.
>>
>>3843607
>>3843745
What's with all the hate for based Rad Racer? Besides, isn't market price less than $15?
>>
>>3843851
Rad Racer hasn't aged well. It was cool then, but now it's just Pressing Left & Right: The Game
>>
>>3843604
Tastes vary too much to decide for you what will be worth it or not worth it. Try them out on an emulator to see which ones you like enough to purchase and play for real.
>>
>>3843745
Dude, Rad Racer is legitimately the best racing game on the platform, and a true classic. It kicks ass.
>>
>>3844354
R.C. Pro AM is better.
>>
>>3844354
What about it kicks ass?
>>
>>3843604

Don't forget you need the right tv to use the zapper
>>
>>3843604

im not at all a nes collector but if i was i'd have to say super mario 3 and double dragon
>>
>>3844354

made me think of rad mobile
>>
>>3844360
Totally different kind of racing game, there's room for both.
>>3844364
Well it's a Square game (if you're into that), it has super tight controls, great sense of speed, colorful graphics (night stages are really cool), challenging difficulty, 3D MODE, and a Nobuo Uematsu soundtrack. What's not to love? It's the closest thing to Outrun on the NES, and it's got a lot of its own unique charm, it's more than just a clone.
>>
>>3844370
Both if those are definitely in my top 10.

Double Dragon may have the best soundtrack on the platform imo
>>
>>3843604
Sweet Home is probably the best JRPG on the NES and basically the precursor to the entire Survival Horror genre
>>
>>3844572
It's not really a typical JRPG, though it was extraordinarily influential regardless. I think Megami Tensei II is probably the best 'standard' JRPG on the platform.
>>
>>3844572
Mmm no Dungeon Master was
>>
>>3844347
Rad Racer was only ever good because it was like playing Outrun, but shittier. There are a lot of good ways to play Outrun now, and it's a much better experience overall
>>
>>3844347
If you think that's all there is to Rad Racer you must not have actually played it for more than 5 minutes. It has a lot of interesting mechanics that set it apart from OutRun.
>>3845840
There's no way to play OutRun on the NES, Rad Racer took the idea and tailored it to the hardware with great results. It has its own strengths.
>>
Can someone recommend some challenging platformers for this system? I loved the Mario trilogy, megamans, castlevanias and adventure islands.
>>
>>3844625
Been trying to play that this week and I suck at it. Went back to playing Ghost Lion.
>>
>>3846870
Clash at Demonhead.
>>
>>3844354
Best US released racing game maybe
>>
>>3847104
Please, enlighten us.
>>
>>3846870
Platformers are like a quarter of the NES library, but here's some decent-to-good ones off the top of my head.

Ninja Gaiden 1-3
Batman
Bionic Commando
Wolverine
8 Eyes
DuckTales
M.C. Kids
Little Nemo the Dream Mastr
Code Name Viper
Goonies II
Tiny Toon Adventures
Low G Man
>>
File: 1489012652205687987002.jpg (2MB, 3808x2144px) Image search: [Google]
1489012652205687987002.jpg
2MB, 3808x2144px
>>3846942
Most appreciated anon. I have no idea what it is about bit I'm looking forward to playing it!
>>
>>3847189
I just got back home but I've screencapped this for future reference. Thanks!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.