[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay fellas, I could use a spot of help. Currently playing pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: sd3box[1].jpg (87KB, 350x342px) Image search: [Google]
sd3box[1].jpg
87KB, 350x342px
Okay fellas, I could use a spot of help. Currently playing pic related for the first time.
I've read some comments in the past that levelling up some characters in certain ways can make them completely useless, and some of the stats in the game straight up don't work.

I have Duran in lead with Angela and Charlie as party members. Is there anything I should beware of before I get into this game properly?
What stats should I avoid with each given character?
>>
pls respond
>>
File: 1272137687686.jpg (430KB, 600x851px) Image search: [Google]
1272137687686.jpg
430KB, 600x851px
>>3843002
>I have Duran in lead with Angela and Charlie as party members. Is there anything I should beware of before I get into this game properly?

Yeah. You went 3 for 3 on picking the wrong characters. Congrats on making a party of betas.
>>
>>3843039
doesn't that just mean my second playthrough will be all the better since I'll be using the others
>>
That's exaggerated. You should really only avoid DEX and LCK.

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/dragonscholar/files/Seiken3Classes.txt
>>
>>3843089
Even with Hawk?
>>
>>3843118
Hawk needs enough Dex/Agi to get his spells. Then go back to pumping Str/Con
>>
>>3843002
Despite basically being a canon "couple", Duran and Angela do not work well together at all. Still its beatable since the game is at least built well enough to allow anything to beat it.

Carlie can be whatever the hell she wants desu since her classes are more or less the same(as is Angela), but her light classes conflict with Duran Dark classes, and you want to go Dark Duran since Light Duran sucks. Dark/Light I think gets her the all stats down curse, so go dark/light with her.

Luck is pointless, Dex does absolutely nothing for anyone not named Hawk(eye). Str is basically king for Duran, and doesn't hurt the other 2 either. Int is good for Angela if you intend to spend for spells. Pie works for all for magic defenses and increases Carlie's healing, and Con is good for defense and more hp.
>>
>>3843193
>Light Duran sucks
No. Paladin is Duran's best class.

You get Saint Saber (best saber in the game, besides moon), and slightly less attack than Gladiator, which gets Dark Saber (worthless since everything after the god beasts is dark elemental. The -ONLY- use for Dark Saber is against Heath if you have Carlie/Kevin's questline)

You also get utility healing.
>>
>>3843002
Isnt this too modern
>>
Carlie should probably go Evil Shaman to synergize with Angela.

Duran kinda sticks out as a sore thumb in this case though.

You don't really need to power game classes to win.
>>
I think Duran, Angela and Carlie work pretty much as you'd expect as far as stats go. It's not the most optimal party, but I've completed the game with them and it's very much doable.

>>3843193
>Pie works for all for magic defenses and increases Carlie's healing, and Con is good for defense and more hp.
I'm pretty sure Int increases magic defense except for holy, and Pie only works for holy.
>>
>>3846081
It is. NOT RETRO
>>
>>3846081
>>3846708
The fuck are you shit-for-brains child molesters talking about? It's a SNES game you blistering RETARD.

5/10 your stupidity makes me further dumb down my explanations when I talk to you American scum.
>>
>>3843036
See, I like this badge more than "I'm not misbehaving, I have autism". I'm not sure if the one I mentioned is "real" but I would kick the shit out of someone for wearing it.

Signed - A diagnosed by a professional autist
>>
>>3843196
Saint Saber is his only feature, since Paladin has nothing else. Not even his shields are any good.

It matters little in the OP's group since he's running Angela/Carlie. Duran is about smacking things hard, which Paladin is only 2nd to Lord in being the worst at.
>>
>>3843002
DO

NOT

LEVEL

UP

LUCK

IT LITERALLY DOES NOT WORK AT ALL
>>
>>3848143
WRONG

Doesn't it affect how many traps there are in the trapped chest roulette? Very useful!
>>
>>3848467
>what are save states

:^)
>>
>>3843002
>Duran in lead with Angela and Charlie as party members.

Jesus, you picked like the worst characters in the game to have. Duran is the only decent one of the three and that isn't saying much.
>>
>>3843089
SD3 is entirely playable no matter what you pump.

I did a Hawk run where I only pumped LCK outside of minimum requirements, and I had no problem beating the game.

Also, LCK isn't entirely non-functional, it just has a very weird curve where it's useless for a long time, then something clicks and you're doing way more crits than usual.

By endgame, Hawk was critting on 80% of his attacks.
>>
>>3848695
>Also, LCK isn't entirely non-functional, it just has a very weird curve where it's useless for a long time, then something clicks and you're doing way more crits than usual.
Even if that was true somehow, that would just mean that you're better off pumping it only after the final class change.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.