[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought a used arcade stick off ebay.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: DC arcade stick.jpg (23KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
DC arcade stick.jpg
23KB, 500x356px
Do I need to lubricate the stick/buttons or do any other maintenance on it?

Someone said in a previous thread:
>you might as well grab a used Mad Catz TE on Amazon and clean it up.

Mine doesn't have any stickers or sharpie on it. What else is there to clean?
>>
Not OP but do Arcade sticks with two joysticks exist? I don't mean a two player stick, but a normal stick that happens to have another joystick for dual-stick shooters like Robotron.
>>
File: DreamcastTwinStick.jpg (110KB, 1056x936px) Image search: [Google]
DreamcastTwinStick.jpg
110KB, 1056x936px
>>3841798
people are foul, i've bought many used sticks off the internet before and had them show up covered in pet hair, human hair, various types of grease and grime etc. but if the person that sold you yours cleaned it up first, great.

you might need to lubricate the stick at some point if you want it to keep it on life support, most people will just buy a new stick for $20. same with buttons, new microswitches only cost about a dollar and you can just replace them inside of the button shells you already have.
>>3841806
yea
>>
Every controller I get I open and clean. A little white lithium grease would not be a bad idea.
I have always wanted to get a dreamcast arcade stick like the one pictured...
>>
>>3841798
You must open it up and fuck with it. Especially if it's working perfectly fine. Your autism will itch endlessly unless you do.

>>3841806
You mean a to player stick with no buttons? lol
>>
>>3841913
Green goblins aren't that expensive
>>
>>3841806
sega had a Virtua Stick pro for the saturn

http://segaretro.org/Virtua_Stick_Pro
>>
>>3842917
I think that's what we was talking not about. That's basically two controllers in one case. The Twin Stick on the other hand is a single controller with two sticks instead of a dpad and buttons.
I need to check if robotron for the staurn supports the twin stick.
>>
>>3841798
I would look into how its setup. If its easy to replace the buttons it would probably be worthwhile.

When I bought my cab the first thing I did was do a whole teardown, and replace the sticks and buttons.

There is always a huge amount of grime with controllers and shit.

I would advise always breaking down and cleaning controllers that are bought used.

Hell, I actually do it with everything I buy used, including CD cases.
>>
Take it apart, clean up the whole thing and lubricate the stick with some silicone grease. No need to buy the special shin etsu tm grease. Just use the regular silicone grease yiu use for kitchen taps. A small tube is all you need and you can easily find it in a local store for 4 bucks.
>>
>>3841798
That looks like the biggest piece of shit
>>
>>3846094
they were pretty good actually. cheap too.
>>
>>3843167
Sounds like you might have ASD. When I bought my first cab I just played the fuck out of it. Granted it probably wasn't that dirty because that was before you were born.
>>
File: silicone-grease-250x250.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
silicone-grease-250x250.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>3841798
open it up, take the little metal clip off the bottom of the stick unit, clean all the individual stick parts, then you apply silicon grease, the thick white stuff to: the little plastic pivot and the base in which it sits. After the stick will be like new.
>>
File: joyball famicom.jpg (30KB, 346x231px) Image search: [Google]
joyball famicom.jpg
30KB, 346x231px
Is this the best NES fightstick?
>>
>>3842180
If you can tell me where I can get one for less than $80, I would appreciate it. Honestly, I've never seen one outside of eBay.
>>
>>3848173
shoryuken or shmupforums
>>
This seems like the best thread to ask this:

I havent began doing the research on this yet, but how much would it cost be to buy this pad and replace all of the parts with japanese (sanwa) parts?

Im trying to decide if its worth homebrewing this or shelling out for an expensive prebuilt arcade pad.

https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-F300-Arcade-Fight-Joystick/dp/B019MFPLC0/ref=nav_ya_signin?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1489117287&sr=1-1&keywords=mayflash+arcade&
>>
>>3849797
so $60 bucks for that piece of trash and about ~$50ish+tax/shipping for new stick/buttons
you could get something nicer used for around $80
>>
>>3849823
Any recommendations? Specifically something with a square gate if possible, for 2D puzzle games.
>>
>>3849834
if you're just playing on pc, maybe a used HRAP EX-SE? people usually like seimitsu parts over sanwa for non-fighting games, and that's the only seimitsu loaded stick that i still see floating around from time to time. they are slightly overvalued now for some reason though.

tell me what your budget is like and i'll try to give you some options
>>
>>3849845
Anything between $50 to $100, but probably not above $100. Im just looking for something that I can play tetris and puyo puyo with, on PC of course.
>>
>>3849851
try these searches on ebay

real arcade pro -4 -5 -vlx -kai
madcatz fightstick -alpha -tes+ -te2
and/or make a shoryuken account and watch the trading forum. you can use a new account to buy items but not to sell.

look for whatever has sanwa parts that looks like the owner took good care of it, don't buy any mini sticks or chinese knockoff garbage
>>
>>3849880
I will look into all of those, thanks I appreciate. I just find it strange that you dont have some manufacturer who is always pumping out arcade pads with genuine japanese parts. That seems like something which would always be in demand.
>>
>>3849895
madcatz and hori do, it's just that their current models are out of your budget. the current madcatz line is really overpriced and underwhelming.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.