[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this + component cables + crt the best way to emulate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 13

File: IMG_0418.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0418.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Is this + component cables + crt the best way to emulate?
>>
>>3841225
no
>>
Best is subjective but it offers very good return on investment if that's "best" to you.
>>
>>3841231
any suggestions then? I'm trying to get as close as possible to the real deal without using original hardware. inb4 real hardware is better, I have real consoles I'm just doing this to compare. So far I've noticed there's still a tiny bit of input lag even with this wired controller, I tested it with super mario world. It's impossible to perceive without going back and forth between emulation and original, but it's there.
>>
>>3841225
>>3841249
The only hardware wise thing I can think of is getting an SNES controller adapter instead of the hori pad. In terms of emulation, get a small HTPC so you can run everything up to PS1 excluding the n64 comfortably with support for newer games.
>>
>>3841267
Getting 240p out of an HTPC takes more effort than it does with Wii's plug and play.
>>
>>3841249
Emulate with a PC. Do output in 15khz rgb right from the VGA port using hacked display drivers e.g. soft15khz and if you want to push input lag as low as technically possible do input from an arcade stick that connects to the PS/2 port via something like an ipac.

All this is considerably more expensive and time consuming than just hacking a Wii though while only improving the experience maybe 2% for consoles up to and including 4th gen.
>>
>>3841273
>VGA
If it's not RGB over SCART then what's the point?
>>
>>3841295
SCART is only a cable. 15khz RGB is 15khz RGB. You can wire it to a SCART plug if you're using a SCART display. Most people that do it the way I described wire it for JAMMA but 5-BNC is fine too. Whatever your display needs.
>>
>>3841295
Are you retarded?
>>
>>3841267
I think the snes controller adapter would add some lag though, no?

>>3841273
thanks, I already have a crt pc monitor so this is worth looking into
>>
>>3841273
>soft15khz
Is this still a thing? A thing that works with anything more recent than XP?
>>
>>3841310
PC CRT monitors don't want 15khz like consoles actually put out but if you give them 640x480@60khz and just use a simple scanline filter you should find the results very satisfying if not quite as technically authentic as what you're getting from the Wii on your real SDTV. Your PC is far more powerful though I'm sure and can offer you a much larger library.
>>
>>3841321
If you're building a dedicated retro emulation computer you'll be wanting to run XP. crt_emudriver works with windows 7 but doesn't have as wide a hardware compatibility.
>>
>>3841302
>15khz RGBHV is 15khz RGBHV
FTFY, buckaroo.

Someone looking for 'RGB over SCART' is going to need composite sync and you're not about to get that from just a dumb cable.
>>
>>3841225
It's the best bang for your buck, but that GCN button layout is one of the worst ever created for retro games. Your better off with a Playstation to GCN adapter.
>>
File: bnc_t_splitter[1].jpg (87KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
bnc_t_splitter[1].jpg
87KB, 1280x853px
>>3841350
>>
>>3841225

yes, but I prefer the classic controller plus
>>
>>3841225
no.
>>
>>3841419

Don't you need something a bit more complicated to combine sync?
>>
for the money op, yes. Controller is subjective but a Wii to a good sd crt via component is the best 240p you're gonna get cheap and easy.

PC with windows something other than an archaic OS and no nigger rigged sync.

radeon hd 3XXX+ preferably a 65xx+ with native vga port. flashed with atom 15
crt_emudriver 2.0
sync combiner like a kenzei
breakout cable or

scart cable, shinybow sb2840 and std ypbpr cable if you'd want to spend all that money to hook it to a consumer set.
>>
http://arcadeforge.net/UMSA/UMSA-Ultimate-SCART-Adapter::57.html
>>
>>3841231
Why is there a dumb contrarian shitposter in every 1st post lately?

Anyways yes OP it is
>>
Wish I could use the Wii classic controller pro for emulation; it's my all time favourite, but the fact that you can't plug it into the actual console is a real shitter.
>>
>>3841310

The SNES controller adapter doesn't add any lag, I've got several of them. The latency is as close to the real thing as I've seen, you only start seeing any noticeable lag using a wireless controller.
>>
>>3842045

You can get third party ones that plug into the GC slot but being third party they don't feel quite right, so I know what you mean.
>>
>>3841267
This
I got a Raphnet SNES adapter recently and it is the best thing I ever did.
The ABXY layout on the hori makes some games entirely unplayable.
>>
>>3841897
it's really not
maybe if you're computer illiterate you fucking neanderthal
>>
>>3841869
>need
nah, but they say it's not a good idea... ymmv
>>
>>3842045
Theres no noticeable delay, dont be so ocd. This board blows input lag way out of proportion
>>
>>3842251
False, I'm a pleb and I can still feel the difference between the Wiimote/Classic Controller combo and a hardwired controller on my hacked Wii. It's pretty obvious on like, any game with jumping.
>>
>>3842264
Well I tried and didnt notice anything so maybe its all in your head.
>>
>>3842346
Hmm, maybe it's in your head too!
>>
>>3841225
>>3841225
i hate shilling for rapeberry pii but it seems that they can output 240p now. saving emulation?

https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/issues/683#issuecomment-283179792
>>
>>3842374
You can also get a Pi2Scart and convert it to any signal you want just like that jimbothegigolo guy said.
>>
>>3842378
Yeah but that costs extra shekels. I emulate to finger globalists!!!
>>
>>3842374
>composite
If it could do s-video or component without converters, maybe.
>>
>>3842427
Yeah well Arcadeforge aint a multinational globalist company, it's a small company who actually develop niche hardware.
>>
Not OP, but in the process of doing Wii homebrew for the first time. Not looking for a how-to, but what specific homebrew apps would you folks recommend? As an aside, can I play my N64 stuff on the Wii with a GC controller? Because that would be beautiful. I have a ton of carts but it would be nice to play them over component.
>>
Not OP, but brand new to Wii emulation. I have everything set up, but curious what specific apps you folks use / recommend for emulation. Specifically, I'd like to be able to play N64 stuff with a GC controller, and having it through component sounds like a treat. Can I emulate N64 stuff through the Wii?
>>
>>3842701
>>3842690
The VC versions of N64 games run better than Not64 but they don't seem to want to let you use GC controllers.
>>
>>3842690
Get RetroArch, it has most of the best emulators and has universal settings.
>>
>>3842787
>The VC versions of N64 games [...] don't seem to want to let you use GC controllers.
Is that what you said? This is false. The "you need a classic controller" message really just means you can't use a plain wiimote.
>>
>>3842887
Is it? I just installed my first N64 game last night. I thought I had a GC controller plugged in though since I read it would keep Wii Manager from crashing but I just ended up installing YAWM
>>
>>3842901

Gamecube controllers should work fine with N64 wads, probably some kind of sync issue.
>>
Sorry for the double post - I appreciate the info, Banjo and Jet Force are both on my bucket list but my N64 sticks are in miserable shape.
>>
>>3842876

You mean it takes the best emulators and imposes a retarded interface that makes them far more difficult to config.

And I'm pretty sure OP wants to play N64 games. None of the available N64 emulators are worth a shit. VC WADs is the only way to go.
>>
>>3842979

Yeah but nobody actually uses the retarded interface, you only have to configure it once for each system then you can load the roms from your USB loader of choice.
>>
>>3842251
This just isn't true. Not only is it noticeable, it makes plat formers almost unplayable. Thank god for the GameCube controller.
>>
>>3843097

That people are actually denying it's there is baffling, you're playing games built from the ground up to work with instantaneous wired control on a remote control whose only link to the console is a shitty infrared sensor bar. Of course there's fucking lag, it would be a miracle if there wasn't.
>>
>>3843127
while I completely agree that the wii's wireless controllers have lag, I'm pretty sure they connect via bluetooth and the sensor bar is only used when you point the wii remote at it.
>>
>>3843201
The sensor bar isn't even a sensor.
It's just 2 led lights for the Wiimote to use as a tracking beacon.
>>
>>3843201

No you're right, I thought that for a moment but I wasn't 100% sure whether it used bluetooth or not. To your point you can throw the sensor bar in the garbage and it'll still pick up your button presses and gestures, just not your pointing. Still, anyone with much experience with Bluetooth knows how weak those signals can be and why that would introduce lag.
>>
>>3843127
Yeah, I'm trying to solve this myself. When playing on a consumer CRT with composite the lag is negligible, but on my regular screen (a Vizio TV) it's rough. I want to, ideally, play in composite and capture in component but I haven't found an inexpensive solution to this. Any advice? I realize capturing isn't really "the point" and I can play most shit without a problem but damn do composite captures look bad.
>>
>>3843317
If you want to do it cheap aim for S-Video capture. The dirt cheapest of cheap USB capture devices do it and most consoles do it or are easily modded to.
>>
>>3843405
Shit, that's an excellent idea, I hadn't even considered S-video. Thanks for the advice. I'm assuming S-video sends out an interlaced signal, right? As with composite I'm still working on a good way to deinterlace captures. I'm sure it's obvious but I've never studied video signals like I should have when they were prevalent.
>>
>>3843472
Techincally, retro console send a 240p progressive signal, 99% of capture cards will poorly scale it to 480i though. Decent for quick dirty capture, regardless. I use an EasyCap with composite for taking shitty screenshots.
>>
>>3843472
All your retro consoles should be putting out 240p which is formatted like 480i, the fields just go on top of each other. Use a capture program that can understand that and capture in the native resolution of the console's internal rendering - or a multiple thereof. Back when I was fucking with that type of shit the best program was Dscaler.
>>
>>3843495
>>3843496

That makes sense. I appreciate the help!
>>
>>3841225
It's not THE most accurate but it is very reasonably accurate and extremely convenient.

It's certainly the easiest way to get a 9.5/10 emulation set-up going.
>>
>>3841225
Wii 3rd part controller?
>>
>>3841225
why are these controllers so expensive? fuck jEwbay
>>
>>3846132
They are nice if you could get them cheaply. They were originally like $10 each. For what they currently cost, I'd rather get a raphnet adapter and an original controller for SNES (or Genesis or both) and pocket the savings.
>>
>>3842901
I don't own a classic controller, so yes, you definitely can use GCN controllers
>>
>>3843317
It's your lcd, it's introducing the lag
>>
>>3841225
You know, you can convert a standard PC's video output to 240p analog with a simple converter, right?
>>
>>3847198
I did not know that...
>>
Raspberry Pi is way better than a wii. the wii hardware is weak
>>
>>3842070
Why couldn't they make a normal button arrangement? Even with GC games, that Z button must awkward as hell to reach.
>>
>>3841225
I love how that controller is great for genesis games but not super nintendo games.
>>
>>3847464
The Pi also has some pretty weak hardware.

I'm gonna stick with a Wii just because it can also play Wii and Gamecube games.
>>
File: 1459224293348.png (6KB, 349x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459224293348.png
6KB, 349x500px
>>3841225
>Gamecube controller
>Select button
Explain.
>>
>>3841225
If you're going to go through the trouble playing on a crt use original hardware. Plus, that hori pad is stupid expensive, you could pick up a snes/n64 + a flash cart for the same price.
>>
>>3841225
that button layout is fucked for snes games. the gamecube asymmetrical bean buttons are shit.
>>
>>3847512
X or Y was used as Select on the GBA Player.
>>
>>3847464

The Pi isn't particularly more powerful, it just has a few better emulators due to a better understanding of hardware due to being in active development since the first model. Wii homebrew development basically ceased about five years ago, which is why the likes of Wii64 and WiiSX were left in the state they're in.
>>
I am interested in wii sdl mame. Which 90's vertical shooters does it support? Does it run guwange or dodonpachi? Truxton 2 maybe?
>>
>>3847889
I can never get wii mame to run anything. it always crashes.
>>
>>3841225
I have a 40+ inch Toshiba crt and the wii on s-video and it looks great but my sister has a Sony hdtv and there is crazy lag. I was shocked at the amount of lag there was just playing Mario bros and Contra. I'm sure I just need to configure something but shit it's not my tv and i didn't have the time to fix it for her.
>>
>>3847509
the first generation pi is weak yeah but even the pi 2 and especially the pi 3 are pretty beefy
>>
>>3847889

I'd stick to Final Burn Alpha and what that can play, that port of MAME is ancient (like 2007) and was never optimized beyond an initial version. I've always had a pretty miserable time with it.
>>
>>3847945
I grabbed a Sewell Wii HDMI adapter (specifically the Sewell, the latency is very low) and it helps a lot if an HDTV is your only option.
>>
>>3847945
Also, check to see if the HDTV has a "game mode" - sometimes these reduce latency, I think by reducing the amount of image processing the television is doing on the signal. Don't quote me on that shit, I don't know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>3848056
>>3848062
Yeah I'll check how much it is and I'll check the tv options next time I'm there. She hasn't even noticed the lag but it's really really bad.
>>
>>3848056
The Sewell cost 20 bucks more, is it really a better quality or can I go with the knockoff?
>>
>>3848069
It worked better than the one "Wii2HDMI" knockoff I tried but I can't speak to which one, and I don't know if there's another one that works just as well. As soon as I tried the Sewell I sold the other one, the difference was that noticeable. If someone knows of a knockoff that has close to the same latency I'd say that would do just fine.
>>
I'll tell you what, to babbage's gramps you listen. He knows about True AD&Dâ„¢ and he knows you can push authentic 15.7 KHz signals from your computer. One that you build just for this, all shitty with an old ATI card.

Know what the Wii can't do? Can't do shit for arcade games. DoDonPachi runs at 57.xxx Hz...guess what the Wii does? Speeds it up to 59.94 Hz. Whole game runs too fast.

When you boot DoDonPachi on a properly configured system with crt_emudriver and GroovyMAME? Automatic mode switching SON. Switches to the exact frequency, 57.xxx Hz. Exact resolution too, and it ain't no "240p" it's some shit like 252p or who the fuck remembers. Have a picture somewhere. R-Type is 256p at 55.xxx Hz. Mortal Kombat is damn 399 x 250-somethingp at 53.xxx Hz. How you going to push a signal your TV can't even resolve, that detects as PAL (MK) from your Wii? Nope.

Dedicated emulation rig is the only answer. Except now someone built a custom PPU interpreter thing for Famicom / NES so flashcarts and RGB modded consoles are necessary to augment your MAME shit. Believe. SON. Come at me again SquarePusher…you run MAME games all shitty on Wii SON.
>>
>>3848647
somebody should make a guide for this

I`m too retarded and busy right now to build something like that, also I invested too much money already into my consoles, flashcards etc. My Wii is used manly for everthing 5th gen and under, I don`t neven play Wii games on this thing only GC via SD card
>>
>>3848657
I did years ago. /vr/ went and got SquarePusher, impersonated me, and went into full attack mode. No one wants to hear that there's a better way to do something yet requires effort. Now I can't find it. It's on Pastebin.

Don't use Soft15.7Khz or whatever, that shit is bunk. Commercial solution that works shittier than calamity's hacked drivers.

Scope http://www.arcadecontrols.com
>>
File: r-type.png (471KB, 398x706px) Image search: [Google]
r-type.png
471KB, 398x706px
>>3848647
Like here's R-Type booting with SwitchRes and GroovyMAME
>>
File: 15.7khz.04.png (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
15.7khz.04.png
3MB, 1600x1200px
Are you a bad enough dude to set up MAME with input delay equal to an arcade cabinet on an RGB-capable CRT?
>>
File: dodonpach.png (364KB, 468x513px) Image search: [Google]
dodonpach.png
364KB, 468x513px
>>3848657
Found it on hard drive. This is from 2013 so you can use Windows 7, just check the thing for the lastest:

http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?id=65

The guide:

http://pastebin.com/Ac03y0bg
>>
File: 15.7khz.01x.png (3MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
15.7khz.01x.png
3MB, 1200x1600px
>>3841350
>>3841419
>>3841869
>>3842203
Correct again.
>>
>>3848676
thanks very much, saving this immediately for the future.

their will come a time when I have a wife, that will be nagging until I either get rid of most of my stuff or I just don`t have the room for a dedicated mancave. so I shall seek the solution of one monitor + one mashine. maybe i should already start to horde good usb controllers and/or adapters.
>>
>>3848069
I recently ordered a $4 one from AliExpress, if this thread is up I'll report my findings once it comes in.
>>
>>3848701
Just keep the PCB from any USB keyboards you throw away. Set up 1000 Hz USB polling on the port for your arcade controls, use Seimitsu / Sanwa parts for buttons / joysticks. Wire them shits up. Save PS/2 keyboard PCBs also. Could install a switch and go back and forth. PS/2 maxes out at 150 Hz polling or something though.
>>
>>3841869
Depends on your display.
Sony PVMs will find a sync signal in just about ANYTHING.
>>
>>3841325
There's no need to run Windows XP. The newest 64-bit driver for Windows 7/8/10 supports newer cards, which you will want to use anyway.

http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/viewtopic.php?id=295
>>
>>3848647
Wii can't run MAME in the first place, unless you use an ancient version. The only arcade emulation on Wii is from Final Burn Alpha.

And I doubt the Wii is capable of outputting non-standard rates anyway.
>>
>>3850648
I was talking about if your card isn't compatible with crt_emudriver and you need to run soft15khz. I can't imagine anyone wanting to run a mame cab off 8 or 10 but maybe there's some reason, I guess.
>>
>>3850648
Why would you want to use newer cards for MAME though? What does a robust GPU have to do with MAME or retro console emulation?
>>
Fucking Euros keeping all the big fat RGB CRTs to themselves. Need one of those big fat Sony or Mitsubishi monitors with RGB. Will build the emulation computer right into the case. Guess it needs to be portable though, for shining people on. Need to whip it out at parties. Fuck. Back to the 13" / 5" PVM I guess.
>>
File: 1407385595256[1].jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1407385595256[1].jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>3850839
>not whipping out a 500 pound megaview
do you even lift?
>>
>>3850648
This is good mainly because it's cheaper to buy a newer / superior AMD graphics card than looking for an older refurbished one. Maybe get a multisync 15 / 24 / 31 monitor and run some 480p Dreamcast and 3d arcade type games and modern fuckers also. But for cheaper than an inferior card, that's the point.
>>
>>3850881
I am the one you respond to and I am the one who praised you. Know ye that I once had the largest CRT ever made at the time, the 40" Mitsubishi Diamondtron. Pillsnorts hauled it away from my dad's house "for free" and continue to watch it to this day since they can't get it out of their house. Never got to see if it had RGB input capability. True AD&Dâ„¢ represent.
>>
Anyone succeeded in converting the diagnostic / onscreen menu system into RGB inputs yet?

This little struggling CRT repair shop on the town line sure could use a method to refurbish normal TVs into arcade / retro game RGB monitors and sell them all over the country for $$$.
>>
>>3850893
Yeah I've watched more than one 36"+ CRT go to whatever hell immovable objects eventually find themselves in. It's kind of funny that those things that cost $3000+ back in the day are now less valuable than 14 - 26 inch pro monitors just on account of logistics.
>>
File: scart to yuv.jpg (21KB, 327x264px) Image search: [Google]
scart to yuv.jpg
21KB, 327x264px
>>3850897
>>
Also you can shove RGB right now the neck of any CRT though you might have to add some resistors/potentiometers for color balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIiePRkHuTw
>>
>>3850907
What's the likeliness of electrocuting yourself, or having it explode by turning it on?
>>
>>3850902
Someone with a really early HDTV on here once ripped a PCB out of it that did the same thing. Worth big bucks as I understand it.

But yeah fuck those things. How much do they cost to produce? Isn't it cheaper to use the existing RGB capability of normal TV's harness?
>>
>>3850915
It's definitely possible to electrocute yourself on the flyback or anode so learn what those two things are. It won't explode, the worst I've ever seen a screwed up CRT do is go BANG BANG BANG when it got powered up but no actual explosion

>>3850924
They're about $50 plus $10 for the absolutely required passthrough breakout because for some mysterious reason they don't include audio channels.
>>
>>3850835
Anything that uses hardware rendering, which is the only way 3D systems more complicated than PS1 are going to run well.
>>
>>3850897
http://mikejmoffitt.com/articles/0032-tvrgb.html
>>
>>3850907
Primitive
>>
>>3851209
MAME doesn't use your gpu, 3D is exclusively emulated in software mode
>>
>>3851209
Retard

>>3851315
Quality individual
>>
>>3851060
I blew up a plasma once when it shit the bed during Windows bootup. Was trying to play muh retro games in widescreen 1080p. 70 Hz bootup signal fried it. The sound was deafening.
>>
File: Grendel.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Grendel.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>3851320
Oh yeah, I have a real old plasma downstairs and if I send it the wrong signal it makes a horrible tearing sound that I've never left it turned on long enough to be sure if comes from the power supply or the speaker.

>>3851302
For sure but also free and only moderately dangerous. That's the real spirit of America.
>>
>>3851397
Dude, clean your room.
Looks like a hoarder's nest
>>
>>3850897
>>3851298

the problem with this is no picture controls in menu or pots and some tvs dont have OSD adjustment in service menu

I toyed with the idea of using universal arcade boards but you'd have to track down the right tube board combos and order chassis from ali or something to make any margins.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Replacement-Arcade-Monitor-chassis-25-27-29-CRT-/120966957215

I still might build myself one.
>>
File: weighs_less_than_your_mom.png (537KB, 1354x730px) Image search: [Google]
weighs_less_than_your_mom.png
537KB, 1354x730px
>>3850881
no way they're 500lb
>>
>>3851590
Probably is if you stuff that gremlin in the back
>>
>>3851320
>>3851397
Can that noise happen to an LCD tv?
>>
>>3851590
I was estimating. CNet has it at an almost unbelievably slim 275.6 pounds

https://www.cnet.com/products/mitsubishi-megaview-pro-42-presentation-display-crt-42/specs/
>>
>>3851609
I've never heard the same tier of shriek out of a low voltage display.
>>
>>3851590
How does my 13" PVM have greater horizontal resolution than this 45" PVM
>>
>>3851621
Just because
>>
>>3851315
MAME is not the only emulator that exists.
>>
>>3851621
it's a pretty old monitor from 1989.
>>
>>3851718
Yes truly we must look for other solutions for playing our GPU-intensive 240p 3d retro videogames.
>>
>>3851742
I wonder if I can sue Mitsubishi for selling us "the biggest CRT ever made" at 40" in 1994 then. Cost a mint.
>>
File: 1412348745597.jpg (732KB, 2460x1755px) Image search: [Google]
1412348745597.jpg
732KB, 2460x1755px
>>3851613
>>3850881
I would like to point out that's just a large Mitsu TV and not an AM-4201r.

>>3851748
Another contender for "biggest CRT".

I would also like to note that Mitsubishi did make some CRTs upwards of 60'' or so, but that was all experimental shit that was never actually sold to my knowledge.
>>
>>3851397
Holy shit, I think I had a photo you took ages ago in a battlestation thread.

10/10 cyberpunk comfy.

Also good call on the s-video capture. I tried using my Elgato but it actually looked worse than a cheap I-O GV-USB2, so that's what I'm using now and it's really impressive for the cost.
>>
>>3841225
Very close. It's the best value option. Only thing better is a PC with CRT Emudriver and a Saturn pad.
>>3841321
It's basically redundant these days.
>>3842374
>rapeberry pi
Garbage.
>>3848668
What sort of screen do you have there?
>>
>>3852272
pi3 is awesome its beefy as fuck 64bit 1.2ghz quadcore is better than your old core2duo emulation pc
>>
>>3852272
That's a 600-line horizontal 13" PVM with SMPTE170m phosphors instead of the usual P22 ultra-reds. Taken during the daytime and cropped to the relevant info so that plebs won't see the curtains and think they're trash again.
>>
>>3841249
Any crt you play on will have default lag but it's so little that it's not even worth mentioning. Whatever you're talking about must be a misconception.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (167KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
167KB, 1280x800px
QUESTION TIME:

How well does FBA for wii work with vertical shoot em ups? Do CAVE and PSIKYO games fun full speed without glitches in 240p?
>>
>>3852406
Told you already. It speeds up DoDonPach to 60fps when it should run at 57fps. Whole game runs too fast. Completely inaccurate and terrible.

Then SquarePusher shows up and says SON, learn to program over and over (even though he never learned to program since he speeds games up).
>>
>>3852421
I think most people would rather play it sped up to 60fps with smooth scrolling than play a stuttery shitfest at 57fps. That's what will happen if you force it run at its "native" rate on a Wii, since you can not run a NTSC TV at 57Hz.

You do have the choice to make it run at its native rate if you decrease the Max Timing Skew setting in RA's audio options, though.

Also, I can't believe you are still butthurt about a single thread from more than 3 years ago so much that you keep bringing up his name.
>>
>>3851745
Yes because MAME is both shit slow and inaccurate for stuff like N64 or Dreamcast.
>>
>>3852421
Oh no, a 5% overclock.
>>
>>3853213
Nigger if you're using MAME to play N64, or any emulator to play N64, you're a retard.

If you're trying to play Dreamcast (emulate it for some reason) at 240p then have fun with your 1 or 2 Capcom games that support it. I'll be rocking it on a 31 KHz monitor at its proper 480p rate.

>>3853207
No thanks I'll be playing it at 57.018fps with my PVM on its side. Shitpusher.
>>
>>3853240
HURRRR OH NO I'M SO GOOD AT STGs THAT I LOVE TO SPEED UP THE BULLETS AND ENEMIES AND EVERYTHING ABOUT THE GAME MY REACTION TIME IS THAT GOOD I LOVE THE EXTRA CHALLENGE OF DOING THE URA LOOP 1cc STYLE.

Why don't you just speed it up to 144fps on a G-Sync.
>>
>>3853207
I didn't need to bring up shit. Calamity was made aware of the thread by others and now no self-respecting CRT emulation enthusiast will EVER touch RetroArch. He's less than shit to them and so are all his products.
>>
>>3853250
It's 5 fucking percent, you autistic pissbaby.

It's not like running a PAL game at NTSC speeds (20% OC)
>>
>>3853243
>>No thanks I'll be playing it at 57.018fps with my PVM on its side. Shitpusher.

Good for you, but this is a thread about emulating on a Wii.
>>
>>3853243
>>Nigger if you're using MAME to play N64, or any emulator to play N64, you're a retard.

Hahahaha. You are so retarded it's not even funny. N64 emulation is pretty accurate outside of MAME thanks to advancements in plugins.
>>
>>3853253

I'm pretty sure Calamity doesn't give a shit one way or another, because he has his own stuff to work on. Way to paint yourself as an angry fanboy though.
>>
>>3853358
>N64 emulation is pretty accurate
>accurate

Lol no. CEN64 maybe, but everything else is HLE with a shitload of approximations and hacks.
M64+ Vulkan is a good step towards accuracy though.
>>
>>3853350
No it fucking isn't, it's about ways to do it better than that.

>>3853358
You've already been proven to be the retard.

>>3853372
Calamity cared greatly, look it up.

>>3853261
You're wrong, it's extremely noticeable to the point of borderline unplayability and if you can't notice then you're human garbage.
>>
>>3853405
>make a claim
>tell others to look it up when they are skeptical

That's not how burden of proof works.
>>
>>3853405

Shit son you mad as hell, you should probably get out of this thread before your head explodes.
>>
>>3853405
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>NORMIES GET OUT
Fucking relax, you're flipping shit over a controller. A controller, btw, that is absolutely the best way to emulate snes games.
>>
>>3853476
You replied to the wrong person or else you are not understanding something.
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.