[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: NeoGeoCD.jpg (23KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
NeoGeoCD.jpg
23KB, 500x333px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64ArAUzvRGg
>>
>>3840672
Starting a thread with nothing but a youtube link is allowed because mods don't preview posts or verify your age and your thread will roll off the last page in a few hours even on this slow moving board.
>>
CD technology is THE FUTURE!
>>
>>3840672

The Neo Geo CD had a 1X drive. The CDZ had a 2X drive that cut those load times in half. The real way to play CD games is through a Dreamcast emulator. Physically putting neo geo CD games in a dreamcast & seeing them load almost instantly is a sight to see.
>>
>>3840672
People had lower standards back then because the tech was relatively new. But back in '94 or whenever I would've preferred a Saturn to play SNK games.
>>
>>3841226
Dreamcast can emulate other consoles now?

How good is the emulation?
>>
>>3841465
Lower standards than "Moms ebt card just git load wut multicart should i buy"?

>>3841786
>now
Babies can be so cute. Not you. But some. Just saying.
>>
>>3841786

I wouldn't have high hopes, I tried Genesis emulation and the sound was completely fucked.
>>
>>3841786
>Dreamcast can emulate other consoles now?
What rock have you been hiding under for the past decade?

Isozone is your friend for this kind of stuff. They've ported a ton of Neo Geo CD games perfectly, and they run fantastically well.

If you just want an emulation-box though, softmod a wii.
>>
>>3840765
the video is pretty much self explanatory, but i guess you're to much of a retard to understand.
>>
>>3841786

Dreamcast was basically cracked at launch and has had emulators almost as long, bro. But yeah, Neo Geo and NES are the two things that work really well on the console. Beyond that you're in very muddy waters though.
>>
>>3842975

>Dreamcast was basically cracked at launch
this meme again
>>
>>3843000

Guess someone didn't have the Utopia Boot Disc, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>3843000
You're joking right?
Utopia boot disc was the shit.
Played so many burned CDs on my Dreamcast in 2000 that I killed the laser on the thing. Protip btw, shitty CDRs do kill Dreamcasts.
>>
>>3843114
Is there any real evidence that says so?
>>
File: utopia.png (17KB, 708x576px) Image search: [Google]
utopia.png
17KB, 708x576px
>>3843124
Not quite "since launch". More like nine months after.
>>
>>3843124
On which note?
The existence of Utopia or the shitty CDRs killing optical drives?

Utopia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_bootdisk

And on the note for cheap shitty CDRs killing dreamcast drives, there is not much note of it on the internet because it's not exactly a common phenomenon to happen to optical drives.

Basically, for cost cutting the Dreamcast optical drives are designed to work within a very specific wattage. CDRs in general do need a very slightly higher wattage on the beam to read properly. This is not an issue normally, and the controller board on the optic drive will readjust till it is able to read the disc properly, and the Dreamcast does this fine, this is why when you boot a CDR you may hear it spinning down and readjusting the lenses a few times before it actually reads properly and boots. But this is where the problem comes in, for cost cutting, the lenses it self is made of plastic and the laser is not built well enough to handle the prolonged adjustment to higher wattages. This causes 2 problems, the higher heat on the lens will cause it to very slightly malform (same thing happened to the PSX, and why tilting it sideways can cause it to work better), and laser diode can it self burn out.
>>
>>3843152
>there is not much note of it on the internet
>here's exactly how it works
>just none of the billions of people who use the internet ever bothered to post these proven scientific facts
kek
>>
>>3843152
last one
>>
>>3840672
love this system
>>
>>3846065
Me too, I had and still have an AES and a CD. It was nice being able to pick up games for less than $50, especially sports and puzzle games not affected by constant loading. If you can't wait 45 seconds to play baseball stars or windjammers and saving $100, you literally have zero patience.
>>
>>3846558
>saving $100 on a $50 purchase
lel
>>
>>3846918
Well when games for AES are $129- $400 a fifty dollar game is cheap.
>>
>>3843152

Also burned CDs can be harder or easier to read than pressed media depending upon how the light reflects. This relates to what you're saying as well.

Additionally many early dreamcast games were not ripped right in the beginning and not in the same order as a pressed disc, thus more laser reseeks. Although now it really isn't a problem, most games still have errors in the disc due to the inherent nature of cd error correction and manufacturing.

In any case its really hard to prove that they do scientifically speaking but ill share a story. On my Nintendo Gamecube I played PSO episode 1 & 2 and did a piping trick to find rare enemies. Since the data on the disc is spread apart massively, each time I load an area you hear a loud click (which is normal since the laser has to go from one end of the disc to another). This constant up and down probably contributed to the death of my Gamecube prematurely.
>>
>>3842931
Shut the fuck up noob you know NOTHING!
>>
>>3842975
Would you say Neo Geo and NES emulation on the Dreamcast is as good as on the Xbox, Wii, PSP, and RPi?

Does Dreamcast emulation output 240p?

I have heard there are emulators than run on the PS2 and even PS1.
How good are they (what systems can they run without bugs/slowdown)?

How good is emulation on Gamecube compared to emulation on Wii? Does the smaller OS overhead make up for the reduced resources?

Considering the RPi was recently hacked to output 240p instead of 480i, do you think someone will be able to hack the Xbox in the same way?
>>
>>3848127
PSX is capable of doing emulation?
That's news to me.
>>
>Why was this allowed?
It was pretty much a blessing that they even got to play these games at home without having to pay a shit ton of money on an expensive bigass cartridge, you have to remember that the AES was expensive as all fuck and games went for about a hundred dollars a piece and only went up in price as the years went by. Why do that when you can get the CD variant, where the games cost a fraction of the price? Of course the loading screens were long as fuck, but many people rather that than not being able to play an arcade perfect version at home.

Though of course, the Neo Geo CD didn't exactly do all that well due to the issues.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.