[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play this or MGS. I am new to the stealth genre and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: syphon-filter-usa-v1-1.jpg (207KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
syphon-filter-usa-v1-1.jpg
207KB, 600x597px
Should I play this or MGS. I am new to the stealth genre and don't care as much for the story but more for fun gameplay.
>>
syphon filter isn't really a true stealth game and mgs defines the genre.

you choose.
>>
I would recommend Deus ex and play through using a stealth playstyle. It's truly an rpg, so there will be other moments but I think it's easier/better intro to stealth than MGS

syphon filter is fun but not because of stealth.
>>
File: tumblr_ocuojrDqEe1sdhwdbo1_400.png (296KB, 350x370px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocuojrDqEe1sdhwdbo1_400.png
296KB, 350x370px
>dammit
>damn
>DAMMIT
>>
File: tenchu-stealth-assassins-usa.jpg (84KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
tenchu-stealth-assassins-usa.jpg
84KB, 600x594px
>>3840575
>>
>>3840575
Syphon is more run and gun than stealth. Almost no stealth mission submissions innit.
>>
>>3840575
Still amazes me that SF was somehow made by the same team that made Bubsy.
>>
>>3840591
DE 2 actually has better stealth since it uses the thief engine but it's easier to kill everything in that sequel because overpowered nanotech.

DE AI ranges from retarded to always charging into kill you as soon as they hear any noise. You can basically hide from anyone by crouching and holding a crate in front of you.
>>
>>3840584
>mgs defines the genre
lol no, definitely not MGS1

>>3841190
SF1 has more stealth than MGS1, easily. Both in terms of mandatory stealth sections and optional stealth mechanics. But it's fairly silly to compare the games that way since they're so different.
>>
>>3841264
look /vr/, and know the face of the Troll
>>
>>3841193
eh not that surprising, sometimes you just make throwaway games. iirc the team behind diablo 1 made some games on the side just to get money to fund their project.
>>
>>3841264
MGS moreso than any, even others in the series. The other games go overboard giving you mechanics for shooting stuff which unbalences the mechanics for staying hidden. In MGS1 it's extremely easy to get in and out of cover, the enemies are predictable and video gamey without dragging the game to a halt every time you're spotted. Alert mode lasts like 30 seconds. All other stealth games are hyper realistic bullshit.
>>
>>3840706
This. Also Syphon Filter had fun splitscreen multiplayer.
>>
>>3840575
play metal gear and then syphon filter 1 and 2.
>>
One of these games is excellent. The other is MGS.

MGS is radar Pac-Man broken up by an invasive amateur radio drama/movie. Inb4 muh european xtreme.
>>
>>3840575
lol. Well, to answer your question... play Metal Gear Solid. Syphon Filter is just an action game. Syphon Filter has more in common with Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Solid has little in common with any other playstation game ever made.
>>
>>3840575
Just play Tenchu then go to MGS.
>>
>>
>>3840575
I no like
>>
File: sp.jpg (85KB, 800x1173px) Image search: [Google]
sp.jpg
85KB, 800x1173px
They never bang.
Not even once.
>>
>>3845506
It wouldn't have worked anyway.

Logan was dense as fuck in Logan's Shadow and Theresa had to tell him what Lian couldn't.
>>
>>3840575
They're both different enough to warrant playing through and while MGS is really cutscene heavy the gameplay is still good enough to be enjoyable if you decide to skip all of them.
>>
>>3840584
You're bound to trigger some dude sex or thief cuck with that kinda talk
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.