[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone recommend me a good flashing service for EPROM c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 3225771_orig.jpg?279.jpg (66KB, 960x652px) Image search: [Google]
3225771_orig.jpg?279.jpg
66KB, 960x652px
Can someone recommend me a good flashing service for EPROM chips?

I got burned by Gamereproductions.com-- I got one order from them fulfilled, but I put in another last October and they never shipped it. They stopped answering my emails so obviously I'm never ordering from them again, but now I need to find an alternative.
>>
buyicnow offer to program any ICs you buy from them for 50 cents extra.
I've never had them program any ICs i bought from them myself since I have the tools to do so myself.
Since I've never had any problem with what I ordered from them I'd say it's worth a shot though.
>>
>>3838726
I too was burned by Game Reproductions. I have been waiting on an order for 2 Months now. They haven't answered my e-mail.
>>
File: 1487916558454.png (604B, 116x148px) Image search: [Google]
1487916558454.png
604B, 116x148px
>>3838726
Dude, just buy a WIllem or something. Shit's like $50, works on a huge number of chips, and is reusable indefinitely. It's really, really easy.
>>
>>3838745
I think they've been ignoring small orders like ours because they're probably backlogged with the more expensive ones. It's a real shitty way to treat your customers. They should at least offer a refund if they can't get it to you within a month (my first order from them took 1 month).
>>
>>3838787
I've ordered from them in the past. Both order were/are for individual titles. My first order through them took about a month and a half to receive, after the order was placed. This latest order was placed in the beginning of January. We'll see. If it goes another month without response or shipment, I'll contact my credit card and request a refund.
>>
File: gi (30).jpg (20KB, 311x394px) Image search: [Google]
gi (30).jpg
20KB, 311x394px
That fucking sucks, the guy i just to order my Snes chips from just retired and im also looking for a reliable burning service, i only need Snes chips 27c160 and 27c322.

>>3838757
Can you link me to an Ebay item for one of those? how reliable are they actually? ive read people shitting on those cheap Willems, and the ones ive seen dont come with the adapters i would need to burn the chips i want.
>>
>>3838805
You'll need an adapter board for those 16 bit EPROMs.
This is the one I've been using for a bunch of shit like NES,SNES,GB/GBC with the needed 16 bit adapter

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRG-112-True-USB-GQ-4X-V4-Programmer-and-ADP-054-16-Bit-EPROM-40-42-pin-/311681989660?hash=item4891b1bc1c:g:BKMAAOSwNuxXYHUb

Not as cheap as that guy claimed but I think you're out of luck with 16 bit ones on cheap willems
>>
File: 1463862051939.jpg (27KB, 259x188px) Image search: [Google]
1463862051939.jpg
27KB, 259x188px
>>3838819
>131 Euro

Ill better pay .50 on BuyIC since i only want like 8 chips burned so i can make repros of the most expensive Snes games i dont have.

If it was around 50 bucks ill bite but 131 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overkill.
>>
>>3838824
For that price I'd only buy one if I was going into business.
>>
>>3838805
>ive read people shitting on those cheap Willems

Those are mainly Guru and other MAME team people, who are butthurt that $100 cheapo programmers are 99% as good as the industrial programmers they spent $5000+ on.

The only problem with the Willems is that they are not as good with problematic roms, and they probably won't last you 20+ years and 10000+ programmed roms. But if all you do is burning your own SNES roms every once in a while, they do the job perfectly fine.

Now, what you'll have real fun with, is when you buy a bulk of 20x flash or eproms and half of them arrive dead. Or the Chinese UV eraser gets its lamp busted after a few months.
>>
>>3838998
>Chinese UV eraser gets its lamp
This. Fucking chink shit eraser lamps. The Willem's are fine, but be sure to get a quality lamp.
>>
>>3838819
Shoulda got a PCB5.

>>3838998
Do you buy a new house every time a light bulb breaks or something? kek
>>
File: gi (32).jpg (185KB, 1247x1061px) Image search: [Google]
gi (32).jpg
185KB, 1247x1061px
Ive ordered some chips (around 8) from a guy, he's reliable but i thinks is somewhat expensive, he charges me $5 each, it doesnt matter if its a 27c160 or 27c322.

Im thinking about BuyIcNow but im afraid to send them my Snes ROMs to flash the chips and find out they dont wrk because i forgot to patch them or something.

Let's say i order some chips and pay for the burning service...whats the right way of sending them the ROMs? do they have to be patched or remove headers? add headers? fix CRC?

Help... i want to make the order soon.
>>
>>3839346
Here's a link to someone who has written down a little guide for buyicnow's flashing service
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=85243
Of course you need to send them the exact binary that you want to have on your chip in the end.
Headers are only added for emulators, they should not be on cartridges so they have to be removed.
Any patches that you want to have on the cartridges will of course also have to be added beforehand.
Whether the checksum is correct or not doesn't actually matter if I remember correctly but you can fix it with a program called IpsAndSum if wanted.
>>
>>3839009
Why would you even get one of those chink erasers?
If you look around on ebay you can easily find old good quality used ones from spectroline and other good companies for the same prices...
>>
>>3839346
You need to send the the ROM image(s). Not the "ROM" you download from a wharez site. And that's the really nice thing about burning your own. If you fuck it up you just try again.

At $5, with the most expensive part being $1, that's $4 for the burning service. So break even on buying a programmer is 15 chips max (PCB5+16Bit=$60). You already paid for over half your guys equipment. lol
>>
File: 489456121o.jpg (101KB, 477x597px) Image search: [Google]
489456121o.jpg
101KB, 477x597px
>>3839471
i actually asked the guy what kind of programmer he uses and sent me some pics of a nice one, searched for it on ebay and it went for 200 dollaridos, that guy fixes Arcade boards and other shit so thats why im saying hes reliable, he knows this shit pretty well.

Anyways i yhink im ordering a Willem, any hints as to which model to look for? ive read people suggesting NOT to get certain board revisions and other shit. I want to burn 27cxxx chips
>>
>>3840134
>27cxxx chips
That just means you want to burn eproms. But I think you mentioned before that you need to do 16 bit. The cheapest option is a PCB5. However it's not the easiest. You'll need to fuck with switches, jumpers, extra cables, and have a parallel port. A 4x is easier to use but several times the price.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.