[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best music. Best Mega Man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: Mega man 2.jpg (46KB, 325x484px) Image search: [Google]
Mega man 2.jpg
46KB, 325x484px
Best music. Best Mega Man?
>>
>that cover
>>
Mommy, why is mega man holding a pistol?
>>
If best music makes one best Mega Man, than Turrican 2 is best Mega Man.
>>
>>3838034
I thought that cover was the coolest shit when I was 5. I still like it now!
>>
>>3838027
>Best music
B-but that's not Mega Man 3.
>>
Terrible weapon balance and crappy Wily stages drag this game down. It's really good but it's not nearly the best.
>>
>>3838027
The best Mega Man is 3. Fight me.
>>
File: 1375608095936.jpg (53KB, 502x446px) Image search: [Google]
1375608095936.jpg
53KB, 502x446px
>>3838027

Mega Man 2 is great but the alien section at the end is where it falls off a cliff. That section isn't well designed and does not feel meaningful. The boss fight is easy to boot.

Mega Man X and Mega Man 3 are arguably better. Mega Man 6 has a better final boss and even Mega Man 8 has a Wily castle every bit as good. The fact that other Mega Man 2 fans hold this as the peak of the series makes me scratch my head sometimes, but at the end of the day it deserves the hype. It's a very balanced game.
>>
>>3838027
2 has got some great tunes, yeah.

I'm torn between 4 and 6 as my favorite classic Mega Man overall, but that doesn't mean I dislike 2 - even if the quality does take a dive for me around the Wily levels.
>>
>>3838574
I don't know, I felt like 3 had very unmemorable tunes. Title theme kicks ass, not much else.
>>
>>3838027
>Best Music
That's not Megaman 9 or Megaman X6.

>Best Mega Man
That's not Megaman 9, Megaman X4 or Megaman Zero 4.
>>
>>3838639

>not liking Snakeman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpVIM8de2xw

cmon anon
>>
>>3838639
Wow, I've never encountered a wrong opinion before..
>>
>>3838618
>the alien section at the end is where it falls off a cliff.

So the very fuckin' end of the game??
>>
>>3838027
>best music
Mega Man 7's was better
>>
File: 7657.png (16KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
7657.png
16KB, 256x223px
>Best music
Wrong image, OP. Here's the right one.
>>
File: RM5 promo.jpg (151KB, 1000x688px) Image search: [Google]
RM5 promo.jpg
151KB, 1000x688px
Dr. Wily's castle theme in megaman 5 is the best in the series, Proto Man's castle theme is good too, probably the only two good themes in the game though

Wily stage theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsUgc1XseBY

Proto Man's stage theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rd_s-jnnFY
>>
File: 1483312920258.png (41KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1483312920258.png
41KB, 350x350px
>>3841451
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlRYotLIbtk

I thought napalm man had a pretty good song ...
>>
File: 1477733176747.png (85KB, 800x780px) Image search: [Google]
1477733176747.png
85KB, 800x780px
>>3841495
>visit napalm man's stage
>it aint me starts playing
>>
>>3838027
Best cover? MM3
>>
>>3838639
I mean, Gemini and Top are dumb, but I could listen to Spark, Magnet and Hard all day.
And holy shit Shadow is best music.
>>
>>3838969

Yeah. There is no denying that it is great, but other Mega Man games are great throughout even until the very end. I feel like MM2 is hyped as much because its the one most people have played and they stopped after MM2.
>>
File: Mega_man_powered_up.jpg (28KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_man_powered_up.jpg
28KB, 480x272px
I don't understand why a few years back (though I don't see it so much now) people claimed that this game was great. The new music is insipid and dull, the game is far too easy even on normal dificulty (haven't tried hard yet), the "deformed" style is off putting and kind of clashes with the mega man universe for me, and I have nothing against "deformed" style presay, and the whole idea of trying to push a mega man x style story into mega man 1 is just plain dumb. Have the people that go on and on about how great this horrible remake is even played a single mega man game?
>>
>>3842272
oh, and I forget to mention the hand holding, all the breakable blocks in the like have symbols on them telling you what weapon to use rather than expecting the player to figure it out themselves.
>>
>>3842272

it was the level editor and all the optional content, for me personally.

It's a good portable Mega Man and that's about all I can say about it. I'd recommend MM1 over PU if someone asked me, at least for their first time.
>>
>>3842276
I don't know, I've seen a lot of people claim that you should get a psp emulator simply to play this game, also I don't really get the point of the level editor unless it worked with online support at the time, also you need to play the horrible main game to unlock the optional content don't you? All i saw when I started up the game was options to play the main game or the original mega man.
>>
>>3842281

Yeah but its a breeze to get through. I had a couple friends and we'd do it over Ad hoc or whatever. Good memories. They're gone and now I doubt anyone on the whole planet enjoys that feature anymore, but take it from me I really enjoyed doing that and hope they do it again someday.

Ehhh, I wouldn't really trust people that say they NEED to play it. It's just fluff for the Mega Man obsessed like me and I'll be the first to admit it. The Mega man X remake on PSP was a much better game.
>>
>>3842297
I'm pretty much mega man obsessed myself, and the art style and music make Powered Up nearly offensive to me and impossible to play, maybe if I was a kid when the game came out and played it then I would have different feelings for it though. and yeah. Also, I didn't know about the MMX remake, I've been playing around with PSP emulation recently so I'll check it out.
also I've found that there are a lot of really good games and remakes for the system, the people that act as if the PSP is only good as a portable emulation system are another group of people that needs to shut up.
>>
>>3842319

You won't find me gushing over the art style, but I played the game during my final years in high school so yeah I guess its a bit nostalgic for me. MM1 was one of my first games as a hand me down so that + stage editor was my shit. I was simply happy that I was able to have that sort of experience with a Mega Man game.

Maverick Hunter X is the PSP remake and it is a solid take on the game. Playing as Vile is an interesting bonus that I recommend if you really love Mega Man X. Approaching each stage and boss in ways that only Vile can was pretty fun.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.