[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /vr/ which is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 12

File: IMG_0158.png (377KB, 4972x1924px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0158.png
377KB, 4972x1924px
So /vr/ which is it?
>>
FRLG and HGSS
>>
>>3837567
Op here I mean gen 1 or gen 2
>>
RBY. GSC went full retard with the Pokemon designs (babies, anyone?) and it ruined the old region.
>>
File: gunshow.gif (142KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
gunshow.gif
142KB, 600x780px
gen wunner
>>
>>3837582
I agree that RBY had the best Pokémon. But GSC quality of life updates just make them better to me. I hate all but cyndaquil as the starters.

Yellow might be the best game imo but after that I think its GSC.
>>
g1 only
>>
>>3837567
RBY

The region is better than GSC two butchered regions. I am also a huge gen 1 fan so this is a very easy one for me. There isn't a single pokemon design I dislike in RBY.

Sure the game could have been better designed in many areas. That to me doesn't detract from my enjoyment though.

Also just in case anyone brings up the remakes by replying to me, I prefer the aesthetics of the older games.
>>
Psychic is too strong in RBY and theres no bug attacks. Also I always loved the built in clock feature.
>>
The GSC games are literally straight upgrades from the first ones. Unless you want to get picky about pokemon designs but they don't even matter. None of them are really that great. The second set improved the graphics and mechanics from UI fixes to the fighting mechanics. Honestly the biggest disappointment about pokemon is that after generation 2 we never got a pokemon game that was as direct of an upgrade from the last. All of them have picked up new ideas while dropping old ones. Regardless of whether they were good or bad ideas.
>>
GSC has my favorite pokemon, so i'd pick that any day. Never was a fan of most of RBY's
>>
File: file.png (154KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
154KB, 250x249px
Gold and Silver are objectively better games, especially from a programming perspective.
Even from a game play perspective, it's just such a better experience with more to do.
The addition of two more types helped to balance out type match-ups, Psychic is no longer the only viable type. And breeding let you tailor Pokemon to an extent that was previously impossible, it really lets you have your perfect team.
There's just so much more content.

As far as Pokemon designs go, I'm a fan of both Kanto and Johto designs but Kanto Pokemon feel a bit more natural.
And the Kanto exclusive Pokemon can be transferred to the Johto games anyway.

The stories are both fairly generic and uninspired, but Johto's story was at least a bit more interesting.
Plus there's 1.5 regions to explore as opposed to just 1. It's pretty obvious that Kanto was added as an afterthought (as a result of Iwata assisting in code optimization later in the development), but it's better to have what they were able to fit than nothing at all.

Overall I prefer Gold and Silver over Red and Blue. And pic related is the best Pokemon game of all time.
>>
GSC is the absolute best, still replay that gen from scratch at least once a year.
>>
>>3837567
I can only play the most recent generation because I hate being unable to use some of my new favorites.

ibn4 "all new pokemon designs/games are shit m8"

Ok grandpa, I already heard that one others thousands times, but I don't mind anymore.

In-topic: Gold/Silver is such a wonderful game, the world feels much more lively and active in comparasion to Red/Blue, the day/night system, people calling you when you less expect, the "Radio" fuction, collecting berries and waiting them to grow again, a bunch of little things that together makes everything more lively.
>>
GSC had better visuals, music, and gameplay so it's better.
>>
File: 1484611577841.jpg (138KB, 726x879px) Image search: [Google]
1484611577841.jpg
138KB, 726x879px
If you couldn't go back to Kanto in G/S, I'd say RBY. No Pokemon designs were as consistently good as the first gen. After that it's more of the same or just clones of old designs. G/S Pokemon were not that bad, but I'd rather only have the original 151 pokemon. G/S wins because you get color palette, better battle animations, and is still pretty close to the old gen 1. Gen 2 is my favorite gen.
>>
Pokemon always ends before you can actually utilize a lot of the combat mechanics.

By adding Kanto GSC became the best pokemon game by virtue of having a satisfying way to test your battleworn team in a final set of challenges that made sense in the setting of the game.
>>
>>3838352
Gen 2 shouldn't have introduced "baby" pokemon. Just an annoying gimmick so they could make an even cuter Pikachu that didn't stick.
>>
>>3838389
who needs pikachu when jigglypuff is the cutest pokemon in existance
>>
>>3838409
And then you have Igglybuff...
>>
>>3838352
The art style and Pokémon in gen 1 are for sure the best. I never get tired of seeing the back of Dragonites head.
>>
>Pokemon: Alakazam rapes everything edition
vs
>Pokemon: Same, but now it can learn three typed punches and rape everything edition

I did love me some National Park so I'll go with GS
>>
>>3838430
Cleffa is still the most adorable Pokemon.
>>
>>3837567
gen 1 was an enjoyable if simplistic jrpg, but after the initial success the game got too deep into furry pandering and pvp autosim
it's beyond redemption now
>>
>>3838720
>Furry pandering
Please, humanoid things with fur is a thing since the very first cartoons and games.
Stop seeing everything as sexual pandering.
>>
File: 1486016500015.jpg (186KB, 1407x441px) Image search: [Google]
1486016500015.jpg
186KB, 1407x441px
My blue cart, cause it has a legit Mew.
>>
File: a selection of furbait pokemon.png (489KB, 1058x752px) Image search: [Google]
a selection of furbait pokemon.png
489KB, 1058x752px
>>3838735

Sun/Moon have sexualized their humans and Pokemon pretty hard. It has Pokemon based off a dominatrix and a harem.
>>
>>3838748
You never upgraded to a pocket or gbc?
>>
>>3838754
I did, but sold them back then, the brick is the only one I still have.
I also have the super gameboy.
>>
>>3838750
I guess I don't see anything sexual because I'm not a furry. You should try that.
>>
>>3838759

You don't need to be a furry to recognize furry art.
>>
Pokemon died when they changed from Ken Sugimori art

Just look at >>3838352, you can tell then the primary focus was for boys, then by gen 3 they started pandering more to girls with stupid shit like beauty contests and terrible designs, the new Pokemon is a fucking travesty.
>>
File: IMG_0163.png (1MB, 1049x1185px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0163.png
1MB, 1049x1185px
>>3838826
Idk about all the boy girl stuff but the aesthetic is better for sure.
>>
>>3838750
You need to have some pretty thick furfag goggles to look at any of those characters and think 'this is sexual'.

Even if you're not a furfag you've had your worldview warped by 4chan for too long. I bet you think that yellow dog from Animal Crossing is intended to be sexual, too. Keyword being intended, furfags will sexualize anything, of course, but that's not always the character designer's fault.
>>
>>3838826
Are we /3rdgrade/ now?
>>
>>3838826
>Pokemon died when they changed from Ken Sugimori art
They never changed Sugimori, he just became a better artist. He still does all of the 'stock' art and game covers.

His linework and form is miles better now than it was back then (a lot of old Pokemon art is really lopsided and has really amateurish depth/perspective), he just stopped using watercolors which is a damn shame because that's something that really stood out with his older work.
>>
>>3837567
Red ++ and Polished Crystal. Sacred Gold and Thowback if remakes are your thing. I can't ever touch vanilla again with all the little improvement hacks floating around.
>>
>>3837567
I never liked most any of the second gen. Pokemon, 1st and 3rd gen are best imho.
>>
>>3838826
I love everything about gen three except beauty contests. Fuck
>>
>>3839106
Same. 2nd gen always felt like "the designs that didn't make the cut for Gen 1", minus a few coolguys like Skarmory and the legendary dogs that mesh better with designs from later generations.
>>
GSC are objectively superior, as much as I hate that adverb, as it usually is a signifier of a shitpost but in this case it's true,
>>
>>3838373
I disagree, the trainers and gym leaders in Kanto never had pokemon significantly stronger than the Elite Four (barring Red of course).

In my opinion this stagnant level curve made Kanto one of the more braindead sections of any Pokemon game.
>>
>>3839175
This.

The only challenging part of any Pokemon game has always been the battle tower/frontier/etc. exclusively.

Not even Red is challenging. I'm sure every one of us beat Red as a 10 year-old by spamming our over-leveled starter.
>>
>>3838826
Its strange that you say that, seeing as a good chunk of the original 150 weren't crafted by Sugimori and that the original Japanese commercial for Pokemon was a Ko-Gal trying to trade one of her Pokemon with a group of old dudes and then processed to show that literally EVERYONE is suppose to play the game, because anyone could find a Pokemon they liked out of 150 choices.
>>
File: 1422802855075.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1422802855075.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
The best version of Pokemon would be one where you play through RB with Yellow's graphics and the ability to choose your gender, then lose access to your team, go to Johto, play GS with Crystal graphics, rechallenge the Elite Four, and then combine your Johto Team and original Kanto Team to rechallenge the improved Kanto Gyms. After which, Battle Tower, Mt. Silver, and Pokemon Stadium open up.

The opposing games would be you playing the role of the rival with its own story
>>
I miss the old graphics, not because 'muh pixels' it was more the simple color schemes and crude over world art that made me imagine a bigger world
>>
>>3840819
Also I love how I actually felt like I was exploring in the old games, the new ones feel like I'm at a shitty Pokemon theme park
>>
>>3840819
Since they came up with newer "regional forms" for the current game, I'd love it if they made "Original Forms" for the original 150 that are just their original sprites.
>>
>>3839120
Exactly, skarmory felt perfect in my 3rd gen mid game team!
>>
>>3837567
Gen 2.
>>
>>3838826
>twas the giiiirls
>>
>>3839120
Weren't they, though? I thought they had actually designed 200 Pokemon for the first game and then cut 50 because of size/time restraints, which is why there's all those open slots in the memory where individual Pokemon data is stored that generate Missingno.
>>
>>3840825
That's 100% your nostalgia talking.

The new Pokemon games have much bigger worlds to explore. Hell the newest game has, like, four different islands filled with tons of off-the-path areas, Pokemon and sidequests that you can easily miss.

There's just no way to get back that sense of 'exploration' you had when you were a child playing a Pokemon game for the first time. I can only imagine being a 9 year-old playing a new Pokemon game for the first time today would be radical.
>>
>>3841005
9 year olds today are probably way too steeped in instant gratification pay-to-win app store games for that.
>>
It's gen 2 because you can explore both of the regions and has both sets of pokemon.
>>
>>3841163
It's gen 1 because gen 2 has a shitty new region and ruins the old one and introduces retarded pokes.
>>
>>3837606
Older games is more relaxing than new ones, less fast gameplay, enjoy more
>>
>>3841005
Yea but every extra side crap is this pre scripted bullshit with tons of people throwing pointless dialogue at you. The older games actually let you play the game
>>
>>3841187
The older games didn't have sidequests at all.

There's tons of out-of-the-way areas in Sun/Moon that you can stumble on that don't involve being pestered by annoying NPCs. Heck I was surprised at how many areas seemed 'wasted' because you can totally bypass them during the main game.
>>
Making a new IP is much, much harder than refining an old one. But G/S is so fucking well done and the fact it fit 2 regions in a GB cartridge... Iwata was a genius. I will always hate how Nintendo pulled him off developing games just to be a chairman doing stupid videos on the internet.

Anyways, i love both of them, but R/B has a room in my heart, so i go with the nostalgia ones.
>>
Gen 1 and Gen 4 are the two most important pokemon generations
>>
File: whacka.gif (5KB, 100x85px) Image search: [Google]
whacka.gif
5KB, 100x85px
>>3837567
Gen II by far. It worked out A LOT of the kinks from Gen I, and added a fuckton more. It's really no contest outside of "muh nostalgia" both are mad comfy though.
>>
File: 1350353846868.jpg (50KB, 384x494px) Image search: [Google]
1350353846868.jpg
50KB, 384x494px
>>3837567

Definitely Gen 2. The day/night system, japanese shit and coming back to Kanto did it for me even if it's a bit smaller than the first game.

Red might have been my first game, but Silver was more fun with all the extra shit they did
>>
>>3838750
>sexualized

The only one vaguely sexualized is the second evolution of the plant pokemon with the thigh-highs. Possibly the buff mosquito guy, but he's a drop in the bucket compared to Machoke/Machamp, and they were gen 1. None of the other designs are even slightly sexual, but I'll admit I'm not a big fan of how personified the mosquito guy and silver bug lady are.

I seriously want to know why the little blob guy with the purple horns is sexualized. Is it the symbol on his face?
>>
>>3838748
Anyway to trade that Mew to the modern games? Would hate to see the little thing disappear once the battery craps out.
>>
File: angewomon.jpg (216KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
angewomon.jpg
216KB, 560x560px
>>3843390
"Vaguely humanlike" doesn't immediately equate to "sexual". I would say exactly 0 of them are supposed to be attractive to the viewer.

Japan is not discreet about these things. Pic related, an actual intentionally sexual 'mon.
>>
>>3843391
Yes if you can dump your cartridge, get a Blue .CIA for the 3ds, and somehow move your save over there.
>>
>>3843517
Get Blue as you would see it on the E-shop. Don't use a custom rom inject because Bank won't recognize that. I'm not 100% sure on how you pair your dumped save with the 3ds version of Blue but I'd start at JK's Save Manager or Savedatafiler.
>>
>>3843529
Bank will automatically think that the Mew is hacked because Nintendo is retarded. I heard that it only accepts Mews with the OT "GF" and ID number "22796" so you'll have to edit those in something like PKhex for it to slip through Bank where you can then send it to Sun and Moon.
>>
>>3837567
crystal.
>>
>>3840793
>Every 'official' Red team has a glaring electrical weakness

Pfft, some Pokemon master that kid is!
>>
>>3843390
>>3843482

> For some reason, only females have been found. It creates a reverse harem of male Salandit that it lives with
>A Pokémon known for the beauty of its well-shaped legs, it sometimes appears as a mascot in advertisements for beauty salons.
>>
>>3838748
Nice. I got a legit Mew from a Pokemon mall tour in 2000 or so. Being the idiot ten year old I was, I deleted it trying to clone it with a friend. Certificate is probably long gone too.
>>
2, but I love them both.
I just really like the rural Shinto aesthetic of Johto.
>>
>>3838881
this, the lack of watercolors makes me cry every time
>>
>>3838750

Your brain has been fucking fried if you're seeing sex in any of these, dude. If you were talking about classics like Krystal from Star Fox and Rouge from Sonic it'd be fair enough, you can draw a pretty clear link. This stuff isn't remotely furbait.
>>
>>3845110
Not the poster you are responding to, but the way I see it it's not so much about whether the official designs are actually sexualized (I agree, they're not), but about the style of the design in the first place. All of those designs follow the same paradigms of how "anthropomorphic fantasy hybrid-animal creatures" are depicted in "furry" art. Furry stuff isn't automatically sexual, right, but if you show up in a fursuit everyone knows it's part of your fucked up fetish. These drawings suggest that the artists were influenced by the large scene of furry art that has grown quite a lot between the days of gen 1 and now.

It kind of reminds me of an experience I had in college. The TA for a physics lab I was taking (who was an international student and can perhaps be forgiven for not completely understanding certain norms) gave us a powerpoint lecture one day whcih he had decorated with "monster girl" pictures. Since I know this is a fetish, I was very disturbed despite the fact that the drawings he used weren't sexually explicit. It was kind of fucked up, like "now this little worm girl climbs up the hill and gets potential energy" or whatever. I don't know if anyone else in the class even knew what that shit was, but the feeling of someone bringing it out in public without acknowledging the fetishism is similar to the feeling I got looking at those pokemon designs. In a word, "cringe."
>>
>>3845110

I wouldn't have called furry on the character designs if the humans weren't sexualized as well.

Kukui is the 2nd Professor in a row to be considered a sex symbol in-universe, and the antagonist is a blonde in high heels and a sleeveless dress with a team of waifumons who is complemented on her appearance by your rival.
>>
>>3837567
Gold & Silver were the ultimate Pokemon game. The number and variety of Pokemans was just right, the overpowerings/underpowerings fixed and the shinto aesthetic was kewl as fuck. Everything was just perfect about that game. Definitely my fav Pokemon.
>>
>>3837615
Hackshually, there's at few offensive bug attacka, Pin Missile is one, and Leech Life another. However there's few pokemon that can learn these and most are also poison type so they're weak to psychic anyway, like Beedrill who learns Pin Missile, and Zubat which knows Leech Life. However I once made a point of getting a Parasect, which is bug/leaf type, and it learns Leech Life. That way I could actually use an attack that's very effective against psychic types, without my Pokemon being weak to psychic. Also though Leech Life is not very powerful it will replenish the user's HP, and since you leech a lot of life because of the attack being very effective it ended up working really well against psychics.
>>
>>3837567
FR/LG. Call me a babby but the GB games don't hold up and Johto's pokemon designs were for the most part really fucking lame.
>>
>>3837567
G1 pokemon only
>>
>>3843391
Not sure about modern games, but you can preserve it on the Pokemon Stadium N64 games.
>>
>>3837567

GSC would be absolutely perfect if not for wild Pokémon being level 2 in Kanto when you head over. It makes sense in universe, but it would've made for a better game if they scaled it with you

Other than that those games are so comfy I could honestly cry t b h
>>
>>3837567
If you were a kid when these were released, you would pick G/S. the clock feature blew me, and every other kid, away. It was like the world was real.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.