[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/32X/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 32X.jpg (62KB, 1050x589px) Image search: [Google]
32X.jpg
62KB, 1050x589px
I'm a big fan of the Genny and I'd like to learn a bit more about her retarded little sister.

>Which games/ports (including multi-plats) are actually worth playing?
>Is it truly a bad piece of hardware, or was its downfall due to poor marketing/strategy?
>Is there any sort of homebrew scene for it?
>Any chances of finding one in the wild these days? What would be a reasonable price to pay for it?
>Can you actually use it with a CDX? I've heard that there's some sort of electrical hazard.
>>
Without exception there is a better version of every title that would be worth emulating over running the 32x version even on real hardware.
>>
>>3836959
What about that Star Wars game?
>>
>>3836959
Tempo and Kolibri.
>>
>>3836967
Star Wars Arcade is a great game but for the love of god play the vector version in high res through mame. Maybe on a plasma! Wish there was a homebrew version for Vectrex.
>>
>>3836970
Tempo is meh but I forgot about Kolibri. You've got me there.
>>
Does the 32x substantially improve the image quality of the average genesis model 2? E.g. get rid of the rainbow banding?
>>
>>3836976
I actually prefer Tempo over Kolibri.
>>
>>3836983
Certainly not substantially, if at all. Remember the video output from the genny goes through the 32x as analog and the 32x just lays additional graphics on top.
>>
>>3836983
It improves the composite output. But you shouldn't be using composite on the Genesis anyway.
>>
Virtua Fighter
>>
>>3836991
It's so much like Rayman. I guess they're both pretty derivative and skippable but you're right they are 32x exclusives that afaik haven't been re-released or "remade"
>>
>>3836997
All the AM2 ports are worth owning, unfortunately Space Harrier is just 30fps tho.
>>
It's got the best port of Virtua Racing hands-down. PS2 and Saturn might look better but control like ass.
>>
>>3836926
It was dead the minute it was released. Everybody, from developers to consumers, knew the Saturn was coming when this was released.

Only the Sega CD was supported with a decent library. Of the carts, the standouts are really just graphically better versions of games that were already good if not great on the Genny.

MK II and NBA JAM:TE are usually considered the best. I really like the scaling sprite games After Burner and Space Harrier (this was the ONLY system to do these two titles justice).

But unless you're pairing it with a CD, 4 games is all this add-on is worth, and they're all upgrades to previously released titles.
>>
>>3837062
I've actually got a CDX. Problem is, I've heard they aren't compatible (I also have a Model 2 Genesis).

I'd kind of like to have a 32X for the Hell of it, but they seem fairly expensive these days.

Kind of hoping I can stumble upon one at a flea market or something, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>3837062
I've got about 15 32X and don't regret a single purchase.
>>
>>3837089
32X games, that is. Not 32X systems. That would be ridiculous.
>>
>>3836926

>>Is there any sort of homebrew scene for it?
I'm interested in this too. Funky hardware always attracts hobbyists.

>>3836992

Ah, but the Genesis to 32x connection is RGB and the Genesis image is only converted to composite using the 32x's video encoder, which is better than most Genesis models.
>>
Shadow Squadron is the best 32X game.

NBA Jam TE, Blackthorne and SEGA's arcade ports are also good games.

Mortal Kombat II is a lazy Genesis port, but it's very playable (SNES port is the best one in the 16-bits era, though). Doom sounds terrible, it lacks stages, but the framerate is so much better compared with the SNES Super FX2 port, it's not even funny.

>>3836983
The composite output is an improvement over the stock Genesis.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.