[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F-Zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 15

File: 160px-Blue_Falcon.jpg (4KB, 160x104px) Image search: [Google]
160px-Blue_Falcon.jpg
4KB, 160x104px
What's your favourite machine?

Picture is from GX yes, but I mean from X and the original.
>>
that one that goes fast
>>
red
>>
File: Super Arrow.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Super Arrow.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
Favorite: Big Fang
Gotta go Fast: King Meteor
>>
>>3834804
Well it's got to be Blood Hawk, stats of B-A-E are unstoppable. It's fast, can take a bit of a beating and the low grip enables you to 'drift' or 'powerstreer' or whatever you call it.

And weiging in at 1170 (if memory serves) it's not too heavy and not too light so you don't lose any speed in the air, nor do you dick about up there for ages like Twinnoritta does.

Also gets a few cool colours. Shape isn't that good, I'll grant that and that only.

Other good ships :
Draq (for going fast and drifting - CAD is technically the best stats if you appoint A as 5 points and E as 1 - we can also see Mr EAD is the worst car in the game, and heavy as a tank too.)
>The Skull - same reasons as Draq but a bit more weight for better midair jumps
Basically anybody with an A boost. B boost at absolute minimum. Literally no point in going any other ships.
Also, grip is pointless. You don't need grip -- unless you're powersteering in which case you need no grip.
Body is pretty pointless, too. If you're good enough you shouldn't hit the sides.
>>
>>3834837
source : I have completed all cups on all difficulties with all machines (yes, really) and i have completed all the time attacks.

My time record on Death Race is 1:06.
I used Michael Chain for that. He deals damage pretty good and is an enlongated machine, good for getting side shunts a shorter craft maybe wouldn't've.
>>
>>3834813
Red wunz go faster.
>>
File: 254044-fzero.jpg (27KB, 335x293px) Image search: [Google]
254044-fzero.jpg
27KB, 335x293px
>>3834813
There really isn't any other option. I liked Golden Fox, but it's just too slow.

I never played X or GX, but I played the shit out of Maximum velocity. It's a great sequel to the original, barring those championship cart variations which aren't anything special anyway, and I don't think many people knew about it. Did anyone else enjoy this game?

A long time ago I tried to reverse engineer the SNES F-Zero map structure. I didn't fully succeed, but I still want to return to it when I write a disassembler. Anyway, the maps a kind interesting in that there are multiple layers of indirection to define the full map. If memory serves, 2x2 bg tiles make a block, 1x16 blocks make a strip, 16x1 strips make a screen, and some fixed number of screens (I can't remember how many) make 1 track. It would be pretty rad to make a level editor one day, but that's a ways off.

Btw, F-Zero had awesome music.
>>
>>3834858
>Btw, F-Zero had awesome music.

this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aujgCKftKq8
>>
F-Zero series amiibos when? I wanna drop $390 on 30 little plastic figures.
>>
>>3834869
fuck off with that nickel and dime shit
>>
>>3834869
You'd love Warhammer 40k then.
>>
>>3834858
Isn't it impossible for the Golden Fox to win on higher difficulties because its top speed is too low?

>>3834869
Stop, STOP! I'm not made of money.
>>
>>3834869
>wanting shitty amiibos
>not plamo of all the different machines
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 1024x741px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 1024x741px
DIE FGTS
>>
>>3834927
Honestly I find the pilots more appealing than the craft.
>>
>>3834946
I'd have to agree.

F-zero has many strong points, but craft design overall was not one of them.
Sure, the Blue Falcon was cool, but the others are pretty meh.
>>
>>3834804
Sonic Phantom from GX

Honestly never played the others enough to gather a favorite machine
>>
File: RainbowPhoenix.jpg (27KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
RainbowPhoenix.jpg
27KB, 500x339px
>>3834804
aside from blue falcon i really liked the rainbow phoenix

another one i liked was the arwing
>>
>>3834837
I wish a future F-Zero (if it ever happens), has new girls with BAE, EAC, and CAD stats.
>>
>>3834804
fire stingray, all day
>>
>>3834804
I quite liked the Night Thunder.
>>
>>3834946
>>3834964
I quite like the craft design, myself. Has a nice 80's sci-fi look to it. Though some of the GX/AX machines deviated from that look, with Rolling Turtle in particular always looking out of place next to the rest of them.
>>
>>3834863
I like Mute City the most
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z86vMDu5tv8
>>
>>3834804
Most def red
>>
In X, the Astro Robin
In GX, the Hyper Speeder
>>
>>3834863
>>3835468
I see your Mute City and Fire Field and raise you

http://66.90.93.122/ost/f-zero-original-soundtrack/akzrgpkpin/06-sand-ocean.mp3
>>
Is it a Sega game or a Nintendo game. And why is there confusion?
>>
>>3835763
The first two games are strictly Nintendo. GX was developed by Sega but published by Nintendo, so I guess you could consider that one both.
>>
File: 7npf4ax2.png (207KB, 800x629px) Image search: [Google]
7npf4ax2.png
207KB, 800x629px
>>3834804
In X and GX.

Also X > GX.
>>
File: 1486500092618.jpg (14KB, 210x263px) Image search: [Google]
1486500092618.jpg
14KB, 210x263px
Post yfw Death Wind II
>>
File: Don_GenieGX.jpg (31KB, 364x364px) Image search: [Google]
Don_GenieGX.jpg
31KB, 364x364px
It's not /vr/ but this motherfucker's the best around. In F-Zero X, no other hoice but Blood Hawk

>>3834909
It's possible, at least in Queen League, to win on Master with the Fox. King might be doable, but Knight is essentially impossible. You go so much slower than the other racers and get such weaker boosts from dash plates on Death Wind 1 that, unless you drive so that the racers behind you hit your back every single time without fail, you cannot win. There simply aren't enough turns to get ahead on.
>>
File: blackbull.jpg (84KB, 420x320px) Image search: [Google]
blackbull.jpg
84KB, 420x320px
>>
Am I a pleb for only liking & using craft that have A or B grip ratings?
>>
If you like F-Zero, check out Hover Racing on the PS1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upKkMGGm8yU

And F-Zero VS.
>>
Spark Moon
>>
>>3838484
that's actually pretty sweet
>>
File: White_cat.jpg (58KB, 800x468px) Image search: [Google]
White_cat.jpg
58KB, 800x468px
>>
>>3837758
hell yes
>>
File: ead.png (59KB, 593x438px) Image search: [Google]
ead.png
59KB, 593x438px
YOLO
>>
>>3838786
I respect the hell out of your unconventional choice.
>>
>>3838484

The great Net Yaroze.

About the thread, I just bought F-Zero X some weeks ago but I was waiting for the European 20th anniversary of Nintendo64 to play.

Lets do this.
>>
>>3834804
Night thunder (featuring Silver Neelsen) in F-zero X
He can go extremely fast with drifting (wonder if this feature is a bug or if it is intentional)
>>
Best GBA F-Zero? I don't want to fall for the GX meme.
>>
File: (You).png (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
10KB, 225x225px
>>3839223

Yeah, fuck enjoying things that are actually good, amirite?
>>
>>3839228
Not even F-Zero fans are capable of discussion F-Zero, proves that GX is a meme game.
>>
>>3839223
Climax was the last f-zero game. It's japan only, but it doesn't even really matter. It even has a track editor
>>
>>3839230

Your shitposting didn't prove anything, idiot. You've got your (You)'s so piss off to /v/ now.
>>
>>3839223
Climax is the best. Maximum Velocity is also good if you want something closer to SNES F-Zero.
>>
>>3837702
I think its funny that the Fat Shark had a B grade on Boost, despite having the best boost out of any non-custom machine.
>>
>>3837702
Out of all the AX machines, Fat Shark was the only one that actually felt like it fit well with the X machines, IMO.

Also, anyone find it weird that Don Genie was canon in GP Legend, but was never playable in either of the games tied to it?
>>
Blue Falcon 1st
Fire Stingray2nd
Hyper Speeder 3rd

Meme top 3, sure but they all handle well, and they're all fast with the exception of the Blue Falcon. I just love its design.
>>
How to get good at F-Zero X? I want to go fast
>>
Blue Falcon is too slow.

I prefer the fuck steering Fire Stingray
>>
>>3834858
IIRC there is an editor for F-Zero but it's incredibly fucking confusing to use and custom tracks tend to have some really weird bugs in them that I can't understand why they happen

a lot of rom hacks I would play would eventually have my rank suddenly drop down really fucking fast in a matter of seconds
>>
>>3834804
In X I always liked playing as Bio Rex. I don't even remember if he was even any good, I just like dinosaurs.
>>
>>3838786
holy hell

do you actually pull it off or are you just insane

either way I respect you for even trying that shit
>>
>>3843751
Conserve boost when you're in first place, since it's your health at all. Unless you're over a health strip then just boost over that fucker for free.

Remember to experiment with the slider before a race to get your vehicle working just right for you.

I'm not a pro by any means, hell no, but this might help a little.
>>
>>3843837

Nah it's all about knowing the track
>>
File: kirbdmyenthusiasm.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
kirbdmyenthusiasm.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>3843856
well, yes, but I had figured that was a given
>>
File: Groovy taxi.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Groovy taxi.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
>>3834804
>Original F-Zero
Blue Falcon
>F-Zero X
Fire Stingray, Mighty Hurricane
>F-Zero GX
Groovy taxi
>>
>>3834804
Fzero X is the best racing game of all time
>>
File: Astro_robin.jpg (57KB, 800x568px) Image search: [Google]
Astro_robin.jpg
57KB, 800x568px
>>3834804
In both X and GX I use the Astro Robin. Catchy name, okay color scheme, awesome acceleration
>>
>>3843751
>F-Zero X
>GITGUD

You're SUPPOSED to kill your rivals.

Rivals have different AI and are supposed to fuck you over by rubber banding. They're faster, smarter, and more aggressive. The leading Rival is marked as such, but upwards of 2-3 at a time so memorize the rankings after races.

Your starting rivals are always based on your character, EG Falcon has Blood Falcon & Samurai Goroh & Black Bull 9/10 times starting.

Don't focus on killing rivals on the 1st race, just place 1st. Whoever placed 2nd, 3rd are going to be your Rivals, no matter who it is, and sometimes a nobody will place over them and suddenly become a rival the next race. If the Rival happens to be doing very poorly for some reason during the race, another AI will replace them. You'll notice because they're suddenly really fucking good and rubber-banding you.

GITGUD at DT kills. You can 1-shot even A-rank bodies with skill.

If you can reliably knock off Rivals, you can beat Master/Expert without relying on exploits (DTD's, snaking, flying, etc)
>>
>>3843825
I think the invisible "bread crumbs" the AI follows is know to get stuck if you aren't careful how you place them.

Also, I recently found out the "Course Foul" feature interacts with the AI in very unusual ways. For instance, an AI player can pass you, you get a course foul where you get picked up and put down, and then the AI passes you again.

>>3845102
Does anyone know if you can kill the other racers in the SNES original? It's a pretty boss tactic in Maximum Velocity, although difficult to pull off.
>>
>>3834804
Original: Blue Falcon
X: Night Thunder or Blood Hawk
GX/AX: Fat Shark
GPL/Climax: Elegance Liberty
>>
>>3834804
GX is crazy
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.