[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this. What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4020.png (533KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4020.png
533KB, 640x1136px
Just bought this. What am
I in for?
>>
Get used to playing games with the sound turned off, and also only playing games that have been modified to work on those things. That said, I've been meaning to get one myself.
>>
>>3834292
Why no sound
>>
>>3834337
The expansion port that that plugs into can't stream audio fast enough, games with streaming audio stutter like crazy. The gameplay is fine, any streaming audio is not. The games modified for SD card that you see usually have the music stripped out or seriously lowered in quality to facilitate the read speeds.
>>
File: dreamshell-speedtest[1].jpg (55KB, 584x418px) Image search: [Google]
dreamshell-speedtest[1].jpg
55KB, 584x418px
>>3834290
https://multimedia.cx/eggs/dreamcast-sd-adapter-and-dreamshell/
Slow as gonads.

Why not get the GDEMU?
>>
>>3834290
a whole lot of nothing
>>
>>3834341
So games that use chiptunes for music instead of streaming mp3s are fine?
>>
Are there any compatability lists out there for this product? It's so cheap.
>>
>>3834345
I had a devil of a time getting my rhea to work literally had some guy in Norway I met on here had to walk me thru it over the Internet (I live in Nebraska USA)
And this device seems to be plug and play
>>
>>3834371
Theoretically, yes. As I said, I do not own one, but I've done a fair bit of research on them over the years.
>>3834385
Check out the SD converted images at ISO Zone for a rough idea of what you can run without issues/testing. Most homebrew is good to go as well, but I don't know why you would want to run emulators on a Dreamcast in 2017 when a used Wii is $10.
>>
>>3834290
Slow load times and shit compatibility.
>>
>>3834390
GDEMU and USB-GDROM are very simple to install. Remove screws, lift off the top of the shell, lift out the disc drive, fit the device and reassemble. Insert an SD card or USB filled with games and you're good to go.

I take it you had one of the old Rheas that needed a wire soldered? AFAIK the newer don't need anything fancy, just fit it and make sure you have the cable in the correct way.

Like others have said, the DC SD card adapter isn't up to much. It's a cheap way to run homebrew, some games with problems and to dump discs, but that's all. There's also the IDE mod for DC, but it has shit compatibility as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>3834431
I'm
Retarted it's one of the newer ones
So I got
My rhea but I tried to install it in n incompatible Saturn.
In doing so I broke the latch that secures the ribbon. With help from my
Unnamed friend in the Netherlands I took a piece of cardboard and wedged it so that the connecter cable would read.
Now I play elevator action returns whenever I want.
Life is fucking sweet.
Thanks for your reply; I now have a decent idea what I am in for with my dreamcast adapter.
Apparently,
Not much.
Thanks.
>>
We literally just had a thread about how the DC-SD adapter is the worse of both worlds but what OP can expect basically is to become familiar with DreamShell and to start wanting to get a hard drive connection soldered into his DC.
>>
>>3835176
Gdemu here i
Come
>>
Op, you're in for disappointment.
I bought an internal SD card kit a couple years ago... Let me just say I use discs still. Stuff off the SD is slow, the music is bad, and I think just doesn't work well enough. That said...It is still neat.
>>
>>3834290
Switch game?
>>
>>3835161
Jesus fucking Christ, clean your shit anon.
>>
>>3835426
Op, listen to this anon, I concur.
I also bough it two years ago and it's collecting dust somewhere.
>>
>>3834290
Seems like a tasty switch games
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.