[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favorite Final Fantasy games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

What are your favorite Final Fantasy games?
>>
>>3834059
12 and tactics
>>
8 and 10
>>
Nearly all of them? The easier question to ask is which one's don't I like.
>>
>>3834059
4 5 and 6
6 being my favorite as it's my first one played and beat
5 for not nostalgia reasons
>>
ff1-10 good
ff11-15 shit
>>
>>3834081
15 is rather decent actually.
>>
Final Fantasy 7. Need I go on?... okay! First for starters, the plot! Oh my squeaky crusts it's a good'n. At first you think you're playing as a member of the resistance against an evil empire. You're submerged in the slums of Midgar (think Detroit) and you can imagine spending the rest of the game blowing up reactors-- BUT -- whoooosh suddenly you're set up and things are not as they seem. Now we're after a man in black, on the trail of Cloud's sordid past, and we're looking after an ancient (whose fate anyone can guess :'( ). Yeah guys, this game is more than meets the eye. If you thought Akira was a dumb biker game for brutes then you probably have similar misconceptions about this gem of a title. The game set video games on the map in 1997. You don't even know!!!

Look at those flowers. I thought I could sniff them in the 90's. The church made me consider going to Sunday mass. Gosh darn it guys, this game is good! It has complex characters. It has a huge overworld map with towns and villages who define their world. There are secrets. Tears, laughter, humility. Sometimes we can't play the hero. In Final Fantasy 7 you don't always play the hero... but you can still SAVE THE PLANET!

Play Final Fantasy 7. It's a miracle.
>>
NES Era
3>2>1

SNES
5>=6>4

PS1 Era
9>7>8

5 is under rated, but that might be because I love the Job System. Storywise 6 has it beat, but that's because it's 6.
>>
5-6-7 are the only good ones
>>
5 is my absolute favorite closely followed by 6. 7 is great but it hasn't aged very well (Haven't played the remake)
>>
3 because the devout is cute and the soundtrack is ballin
nes only though fuck the remakes
literally no charm left
>>
>>3834059
I dunno, the only one I dislike of the retro ones is 1
>>
>>3834120
Agreed on all points. 7 was the best one by far.
>>
1, 2, 4, 7, 8 and some of the spin-offs are the only games I cared for. The others have some incredibly shitty writing and characterization. I don't know what Square was smoking with FF6. "Ueeehehee! Seafood soup!" I forced myself to play through it once, but I gave up on ever playing again after I recalled all the party splits that were shoehorned into the game for absolutely no fucking reason.

The SaGa games were a lot more fun to play, although the series really started to stagnate after every sequel became a Romancing SaGa clone. And judging by the SaGa general on /vr/, that series attracts even worse autists than FF does.

I'm not sure what to say about Mana. The first game was enjoyable, but everything that followed seems to have been designed so even kindergarteners could beat it.
>>
>>3834348
Well you're right about one thing, nincompoop... 7 was a great game!
>>
IX is way better than the rest.
most are just okay-tier.
>>
>>3834353
Ok... dare I ask who died and put you in charge of making those sort of INANE declarations? Go on... I'm waiting. Show us proof you're ANYONE to tell us something so friggin stupid and declare it fact. Uh-huh. As I thought. Ya can't. Can you? Yep. Not surprised. You're dumber than a pile of bricks.

9 isn't better than 7. Admit it, dummy.
>>
>>3834353
man I hate ff9-fags. There's always a patter that follow them:
>they never give props to other FFs, they declare FF9 the absolute best above every other game in existence
>they never explain why is it so good (maybe because it's mediocre)
>they like to express disdain for the "modern" settings of FF7/8 and praise FF9 for being a return to classic settings, even though they haven't played the old FFs (they never mention them when discussing the series)
it's almost as if FF9 is the de-facto choice for people who don't like the series. It's the Sonic CD of Final Fantasy.
it's almost as if FF9 is the de-facto choice for people who don't like the series. It's the Sonic CD of Final Fantasy.
>>
File: Yt3bmRd.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Yt3bmRd.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>>3834380
>It's the Sonic CD of Final Fantasy.
>>
8 is my fav.
7 is a masterpiece
5 and 6 are both awesome
Haven't played 2-4
1 is ridiculously hard but good
9 is pretty great
10 and 10-2, I played and beat but honestly did not like them at all.
At this point the only FF I'm interested in playing are 12 and the 7 remake. Anyone chime in and yay/nay 12? I've heard it's a grindy boss-fest with annoying dungeons.
>>
>>3834059
My favorite is 12, but if we're talking /vr/, probably 5
>>
File: ziegfried.png (12KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
ziegfried.png
12KB, 512x448px
The SNES trilogy is my favorite. FF6 is one of the greatest games of all time, with what might be the single finest soundtrack in the entire medium. FF4 just throws in so many memorable characters and events at you that it's impossible not to love its charm. FF5 has the fucking job system and its just so much pure fun.

NES is just a bit too pared down for me. The memory and processing limitations of the console really constrain what is supposed to be a series of epic journeys.

I don't really like the Playstation games for a variety of reasons. FF7 was a huge leap for RPGs at the time, but I never emotionally resonated with it. I do hold a lot of fondness for FF9, but it's a flawed game with some serious issues in the pacing and mechanics.

FF8 is probably the one game I hate most in the world. Everything about this game was engineered in a way that absolutely repulses me. It is the closest thing I have ever experienced to actual video game kryptonite. I fucking despise this title.
>>
>>3834557
>I've heard it's a grindy boss-fest with annoying dungeons.

doesn't matter, you can program the game to play itself
>>
>>3834059
that one
>>
>>3834557
>8 is my fav
stopped reading
>>
2(gba/psp versions though), 5, 6, 8, 12 are my favorites.
>>
File: chemist.png (3KB, 200x206px) Image search: [Google]
chemist.png
3KB, 200x206px
>>3834348
I thought that 5 was as fun as SaGa Frontier.
>>
>>3834706
That's literally what you do in battles anyway
>>
I liked 10 best.

7 was good too.
>>
File: Amano_Mog_alt.jpg (29KB, 430x337px) Image search: [Google]
Amano_Mog_alt.jpg
29KB, 430x337px
>>3834059
6 is my favorite, with 4, 5, and 7 tied for 2nd place. I love most of them though.
>>
>>3834120
>>3834350
>>3834363
This kid needs to really stop false-flagging FFVII and just go back to shilling FFVI.
>>
>>3834996
>responding unironically to tripfags

Come on son you should know better than this.
>>
chronno trigger > tactics > 6 > 4 > 5 > 7 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 9 > 8
>>
>>3834059
>OP asks what's everyone's favorite Final Fantasy
>half the threads reply with either a spin off or a game from a completely different series

What's the point of these threads when every other person is pretending they're partition by repeating popular and safe opinions?
>>
>>3834059
FF1 and Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>3834120
The only correct post ITT
>>
>>3835040
Keep calm and Phoenix Down
>>
>>3834120
Dam right VII was the superior Final Fantasy.
>>
File: NOHkWUp.png (988KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
NOHkWUp.png
988KB, 1000x563px
>>3835062
>what's your favorite Final fantasy game?
>kingdom hearts
>pic related
>>
File: Amano_FFII_Cast.jpg (256KB, 760x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Amano_FFII_Cast.jpg
256KB, 760x1000px
II. Yes, even the NES version. It was the game that defined the franchise. I was a tech demo in comparison--bare bones story, faceless characters. In II they die left and right. The cold opening is classic. Keywords made the dialogue a bit more interactive. Really nice spell list, and you're free to develop the party however you like. It's tightly crafted and fully realized.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXu52RXJs3o
>>
>>3835279
it does have an underated soundtrack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b6Pkj_6zIY
>>
>>3834059
1, the one with Cecil, and the one with Sabin.
>>
So I guess that means I like 1, 4, 6. I also never played any others so I like all the ones I played, you could say.
>>
I like almost all of them, even if I detest some of the things some of them do.

In my eyes, there isn't really a bad Final Fantasy game except XIII and its bastardized sequel.

But if I had to pick, it'd probably be 1
>>
File: ff1.png (4KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
ff1.png
4KB, 256x224px
>>3834059
Nothing can replicate the lightning-in-a-bottle that was Final Fantasy 1987. It was the perfect mix of J and W RPG. After that, too much J.

Then again, I love Empire Strikes Back, but Star Wars is still my favorite. So take my opinion in kind.
>>
>>3834127
You have ps1 era backwards
>>
>>3834059
Snes
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.