[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Mega Man X the best Mega Man game and the best 16-bit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Mega_Man_X_Coverart.png (101KB, 256x189px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Man_X_Coverart.png
101KB, 256x189px
Why is Mega Man X the best Mega Man game and the best 16-bit platformer ever made?
>>
I prefer Donkey Kong Country 2 but Mega Man X is good too
>>
Always gonna prefer classic to X, but MMX is one sexy game. Couldn't get into the others.
>>
just has that retro feel
>>
>>3833597

It's pretty much perfect from a retro platformer standpoint. Many would claim Mega Man 2 to be much like that but that part at the end with the Alien boss throws that claim out to drown in my opinion.

Mega Man X on the other hand, every stage, every song, every character, every boss, every power up....all of it was just great. They never got it perfect again but you can't expect to catch lightning in a bottle twice.
>>
>>3833597
it's great!
>>
Best 16bit platformer is RKA. Best MM is MM&B.
>>
>>3833918

>MM&B
>best MM

Hardly. Still surprised the game was as good as it was though. Was just a rush job to please SFC fans that were pissed over Mega Man 8 being on playstation and saturn.

Anyway, I disagree but can give you that its still great. Many unfairly dislike it because of the sprite size and how stupid the final fight is(which is made worse on the GBA version because of the screen size).
>>
File: wrong, tard.jpg (402KB, 920x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wrong, tard.jpg
402KB, 920x1000px
>>3833597
But Risky Woods, Ghouls and Ghosts, Contra 3, Gunstar Heroes and Skyroads are orders of magnitude better.
>>
>>3835170
Beakman is gay irl
>>
X isn't even the best Megaman game, and everyone always glosses over its flaws.
>>
>>3833730

I'd argue that they did a better job of capturing the retro feel in X2, but yes, they did it fairly well in X. I'd even put X4 ahead of the OG X, in part because the anime cutscenes are just oozing with the "watching Toonami after 8th grade lets out" feel, which I'm pretty sure was what they were going for.
>>
>>3833934
Which is funny since MM&B is way better than MM8.
>>
Quit making these threads you degenerate.
>>
>>3833597
Just greatly designed
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.