/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Up until now I have mostly beaten relatively easy SNES games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Contra_III_game_cover.png (112KB, 256x174px) Image search: [Google]
Contra_III_game_cover.png
112KB, 256x174px
Up until now I have mostly beaten relatively easy SNES games like Secret Of Mana, Castlevania 4, Mega Man X, a couple RPGs and Mario games. Now I want to get into the more difficult stuff like Contra 3.

How often do you guys play games like this to stay good at them? I am afraid that I spend an entire week beating this fucker and after a couple of days I won't be able to do it again.

A while ago I was into playing bullet hell shooters and cleared several games made by Cave on one credit. Now I couldn't beat any of them without practicing for days. It seems like a waste of time to spend a week on a 30 minute long game and when I want to play it again next year I have to start from scratch.

What do you think about Contra 3 or other hard games like Super Ghouls & Ghosts or Super R-Type. Are they "arcade hard" and need constant practice to beat them consistently?
>>
>>3831520
Contra 3 is one of the absolute hardest snes games. Good luck
>>
>>3831520
>It seems like a waste of time to spend a week on a 30 minute long game and when I want to play it again next year I have to start from scratch.

It would be a "waste" either way. You're playing the game to have fun while playing it. Playing just so you can "get good" will always be pointless.
>>
Just play until you get good, there's not much science behind it. Playing 30 minutes every day will eventually make you master the game.
>>
Restarting the game to get better is part of the fun, if you don't enjoy an arcade-like challenge just don't play it. Contra 3 isn't too punishing on normal difficulty though and it gives you tons of extends.
>>
>Contra 3
>Hard

It's not even harder than the first game or Hard Corps.
>>
>>3831592
I would argue a 1CC or no-continue clear is pretty easy, considering the game gives you tons of milking spots to kill respawning enemies and since there is no time limit, it's possible to milk out your extends until reaching the 30-lives cap.

A deathless or no-miss run on the other hand requires precise memorization.
>>
>>3831596
> it's possible to milk out your extends until reaching the 30-lives cap.

That wouldn't be a 1cc then... unless you're just grinding out continues to waste time.
>>
>>3831610
It technically still is. As long as you never reach the Game Over screen, it's a 1CC/no continue clear. Console games are more forgiving when it comes to milking extra lives.
>>
>>3831623
1CCing is 1 credit clear. It means beating the game without ever dying. Jesus christ this place sometimes...
>>
>>3831681
You get more than one life per credit you fucking dunce. You're talking about a no miss.
>>
>>3831690
No but I have a feeling you are.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Glossary

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=1CC
>>
>>3831702
Nigger I don't get your layers of irony at this point, but anyway 1cc =/= no death
>>
>>3831551
>>3831520
I agree with the anon above op.

Plus, your skills at a particular game are just like any other ability or higher cognitive function: if you don't use it you lose it (to a certain degree). Just like with math; a couple years ago I could bust out integrals without even thinking. I had to take one yesterday and it took me a lot longer than it would have back then. It sucks when that happens with math but, for me, it's nice when it happens with games because I can relive the experience (again, to a certain degree).

Though I think with some games, in particular those I grew up with like Mario 3 or tiny toons, I will always be able to pick up and destroy. Certain parts of others, like the turbo tunnels in Battletoads, I think will be forever tattooed on my frontal lobe because it requires so much ability and memorization to get routinely get past it in general.
>>
File: 1486331469290.png (265KB, 975x526px) Image search: [Google]
1486331469290.png
265KB, 975x526px
>>3831520
I've beaten Alien Wars several times on normal but its fucking impossible on hard.
good luck op
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.