[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best methods for collecting older games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: jet_moto.jpg (894KB, 1224x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jet_moto.jpg
894KB, 1224x1000px
So I had a question or two regarding retro games and the like, and thought that it would be best to ask here. I recently found our old TV and game systems, and I was pretty surprised when they still worked. However, I'm missing an power cable for my NES, and a couple games that I knew I used to have, so I wanted to pick everyone's brains here on what the best options are for buying older games.

I know flea markets and yard sales are always recommended, but those are pretty rare around here, so I was looking into any kind of websites that reasonably sell older games/parts.

Thought I'd pick up some games like the original Zelda, a Link to the Past, the second and third Jet Moto games, and possibly a power cord for my NES. Amazon has some of those games for reasonably cheap, but I know there are less popular specialty sites out there that possibly have better deals, so I thought I'd ask here.
>>
Don't bother. You're way too late to get anything good at a decent price. Just get flash carts and be done with it.
>>
>>3831147
Really? I enjoy the collection aspect of it, but looking at the prices of some of the games, you might be right. I've never used a flashcart before, but this may be the time for me to get into it.
>>
>>3831093
Flash carts are a great way to get what you want for cheap. If you want to collect the actual games the best way to go about it is focus on one system and buy some games for it. When you have a decent library, buy lots of games for that system, sell off your doubles to reduce the cost of other games in that lot. You don't need to resort to scummy reseller prices if you buy really cheap lots, sell them fairly. This past week I bought a lot of snes games solely for the purpose of obtaining super Mario RPG. I paid $200 and sold the rest to someone for $190 so I basically paid 10 bucks for it. If you're not willing to put in that kind of work it's gonna be really expensive, so be mindful of that. Good luck OP.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.