[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games for a low-end laptop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: specs.png (34KB, 647x442px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
34KB, 647x442px
My main gaming laptop broke and I'm going to be stuck with a small shitty one for a couple of days probably. What are some good games I could play with these specs? I'm a fan of sim/RPG type games like Elona or King of Dragon Pass, but I'd be fine with a more story-oriented RPG as well if I can customize my character.

On another note, what would you guys recommend as the most reliable and powerful high-end gaming laptop currently on the market? And yes, I am completely aware that gaming laptops are overpriced and underperform compared to desktops, but I spend a lot of time on the move, so a desktop isn't really viable.
>>
File: -_-.png (23KB, 427x381px) Image search: [Google]
-_-.png
23KB, 427x381px
While I can't recommend any specific titles, I haven't had significant issues running ps1/saturn or earlier games on my 2008 craptop. Most demanding i can recall was Panzer dragoon saga having slowdown in 2 boss fights during the game. I figure most of your specs beat mine, so if you pick from that era or earlier, you should be fine.
>>
>>3830772
Best look on youtube about laptops. Linus tech tips etc.

As for games that run on anything.

Rollercoaster tycoon
The Sims
Hydro thunder
Road Rash 95
Max Payne
Emulators
Diablo 1/2

Cant think of anymore off the top of my head.
>>
Pretty much anything discussed on this board can be played on your laptop through emulation.

/g/ or /v/ would be the better place to ask about modern gaming laptops.
>>
>>3830904
/v/ actually told me to come here for answers to my first question, funnily enough.
>>
Tales of Berseria can run on your laptop, just turn off AA
>>
>low end laptop
>way more powerful than my dual core desktop I use even today

kek, you can play every retro game with this rig
>>
>>3830965
S-srry I'm used to 16 gigs of ram and a nvidia card so stuff like this feels like a major downgrade. I'm pretty surprised so much stuff is playable on a computer like this. There's probably a lesson to be learned here but its 6 am and I am not prepared for self-reflection at this hour.
>>
>>3830772
first off do the thermal paste. It's not running shit idling at 64c. Its going to throttle as soon as it loads up.

not vr but morrowind will eat up some hours and works on win 8+
>>
The Ys games on Steam are really fun. Except for Chronicles.
>>
>>3830772
It literally will play anything you throw at it even games up to 2008 at 720p.
With some tweaking and mods I got Witcher 2 working locked at 40 fps.

t.someone who has the same specs laptop
>>
>>3830772
Low end? What are you smoking. That can play any game up to about 2010/11. Since this is a retro board, there is effectively no currently retro game you couldn't play on that machine at a sufficient level. (you could emulate N64, but perhaps not at native res, but you certainly could emulate PSX very well).
>>
Elona and King of Dragon Pass happen to be two of my favorite games. I guess you could try Diablo II or Might and Magic VI. Maybe Morrowind or Rune Factory 3 too, but they're not /vr/.
>>
>>3830772
That's not even shitty, mine is an A4-5000 and it can't run GTA SAN FUCKING ANDREAS at 60fps on fucking low
>>
>>3830772
Also, as you said; high-end laptops are overpriced so a good tactic would be to not get precisely an high end (like having an 980M or even 960M) but settling for something less expensive and not so bad in comparison (like a 940MX or 950M tops) or wait to buy one with the 1050 Mobile and go from there so you can play decently on the go and get a desktop so you get a perfect experience in your home or wherever you live

Also send me your laptop pls I'm fucking poor

TL;DR get a mid-end laptop for portable gaming and a desktop later on
>>
>>3830904
>/g/ or /v/ would be the better place to ask about modern gaming laptops.
Never, NEVER go to /g/ about new laptops. They will bitch at you.
>>
>>3834215
for good reason too, /g/ is starting to slowly turn into a consumer tech board.
>>
File: 2moq99s.png (11KB, 560x988px) Image search: [Google]
2moq99s.png
11KB, 560x988px
>>3830772
There's decades of classics. If I could give a one-word answer: "emulation".
- get MAME and play the shit out of arcade games without spending quarters
- get ZSNES or fceux and load up on nintendo classics
>>
>>3830772
OP you should be able to play dreamcast games with the "nullDC" emulator, I can on my old phenom II.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.