[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Adventure Island game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: higgins.jpg (87KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
higgins.jpg
87KB, 550x366px
Best Adventure Island game?
>>
Adventure Island III, thanks to rocking music, and tight controls. Super Adventure Island is pretty good too.
>>
4 is the best.
>>
>>3830737
Honestly? none.
Adventure Island is a very poorly thought platformer and i have no idea about how it became a thing for so long in Japan. Thankfully it never catched on outside there.
>>
>>3830737
New Adventure Island on PCE or 3 on Nes
>>
File: adventure_island_4_11.png (34KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
adventure_island_4_11.png
34KB, 512x448px
>>3830846
It wasn't popular in the USA?
In latin america Adventure Island series was popular.
>>
File: SAI.jpg (249KB, 736x1349px) Image search: [Google]
SAI.jpg
249KB, 736x1349px
I really liked Super Adventure Island, personally. It's a simple but good platformer with a great sountrack.

https://youtu.be/WuvYG0PmgOc?list=PL409EBAEA0E4F63EC
>>
>>3830737
Wonder Boy.
>>
>>3831375
This
>>
>>3830737

New Adventure Island. it perfects the classic formula and removes the unneeded stuff that bogged down 2 & 3 (overworld maps, swimming stages, dinosaurs friends, pick the egg)

>>3831342

I love the soundtrack and the graphics, but they really ruined the game for me removing the run button. It's one of the main gameplay mechanics of the series and it feels incredibly off without it. It's like removing the run button from a SMB game.
>>
>>3830846
>Adventure Island is a very poorly thought platformer and i have no idea about how it became a thing for so long in Japan
It starred a local celebrity. Master Higgins was originally Takahashi Meijin, a Hudson Soft spokesman known for his rapid button presses.

>>3831342
>It's a simple but good platformer with a great sountrack.
There's a good reason for that. Yuzo Koshiro composed it

>>3831375
It's funny how Adventure Island's stuck to the first game's formula until the last few games, while Wonder Boy quickly went into action RPG
>>
>>3831342
Both the soundtrack and graphics on it are god-tier.
>>
how would you rank the 4 nes games?
>>
>>3830846
Wtf? Those games were great! The music, graphics, challenge... everything you would want in a platformer.
>>
>>3832107
Damn o didn't realize there was a fourth. For me all of them were great but the series progressively got better with each installment. I prefer the NES games over the snes one for exactly this reason
>>3831407
with the running mechanic. Still a fun game though.
>>
>>3831342
The animations and colours look a little off in this.

Also seems kinda slow compared to the others.
>>
File: mad tina.png (387KB, 541x523px) Image search: [Google]
mad tina.png
387KB, 541x523px
>>3830737
>>
>>3832107
4>2=3>1

To be honest I don't think any of them are that great.

At least 4 tried something different though
>>
>>3831407
>New Adventure Island.
>>
SAI2 is pretty cool but it's way too easy and feels like babby's first JRPG.
>>
File: Super_Adventure_Island_II.jpg (71KB, 250x183px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Adventure_Island_II.jpg
71KB, 250x183px
Super Adventure Island 2. A poor mans Metroidvania, that is before Metroidvania as a genre was really established. Now that I think about it, it actually plays a lot like Zelda II. It was really good, and I'm surprised it doesn't come up more.
>>
>>3833179
I want to love that remake but it looks like an awful 2005 Flash game..
>>
>>3830912
Hell yeah Capulinita
>>
>>3833964
It pretty much is. Terrible sound design too. The arcade version is still the best version.
>>
>>3831375
Wonder Boy had to turn into shitty RPG hybrids, which means Adventure Island is the superior series.
>>
File: Adventure Island IV.jpg (49KB, 278x404px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure Island IV.jpg
49KB, 278x404px
>>3833962
Adventure Island IV, Super Adventure Island II, and Shin Adventure Island are the only ones I really like.
>>
Not retro, but how is "The Beginning" on Wiiware?
>>
>>3835349
It's one of the more memorable ELP songs.
>>
>>3830737
The first one..
>>
>>3830737
2 is my favorite. The dinosaurs were a cool addition to the game. The third game just isn't as fun for some reason.
The original is too hard and gets tedious after a bit.
Super is great too, though it feels pretty different from the classic games.
The Hudson Selection one for PS2 is fun too. It has just the right difficulty.
>>
>>3833179
This intro is pretty cute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fik4-NOeVT8
>>
>>3830737
How does a fat dumb fuck like Higgins score THAT?
>>
>>3836908
Isn't he the only man on the island?
>>
>>3836908
he has very fast hands if you catch my drift.
>>
>>3836908

He has a big dick.
>>
>>3830737
1st sorry
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.