[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: IMAG0376.jpg (560KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0376.jpg
560KB, 2560x1440px
Is playing imports to save money "nigger tier"?
>>
No, nigger tier is emulation.
Imports is smart-tier, especially if it's text-heavy and you can read it.

Anyway, Super Metroid was released in the west in like 1994 or 95. You could have gotten it back then or even in the early 00s for pretty cheap.
Imports of classic games like that to pay less isn't nigger tier but gen Z-tier.
>>
>>3829769
nigger if you want to play a game just play the fucking game however you want
>>
>>3829775

>tips fedora
>>
>>3829779
What nerve did I struck, champ?
>>
>>3829779
found the resident nigger
>>
If it's a super-expensive game that has a much cheaper Japanese version, I'd say no. If the U.S. version isn't that expensive, maybe.

I started out by getting Rockman X2 and X3 but then just moved on to buying Japanese games that never got released in America.
>>
All the snes collectors thought I was a nigger for recommending them
>>
Super Metroid's jap box is objectively better, so no.
>>
>>3829775
Nigger tier is not merely emulation, but emulation on a stolen smartphone.
>>
>>3829769
No. Even if it were, who cares?
>>
>>3829769
no it's racist tier
>>
>>3829769
Why would you want american cartridges in the first place?
Are you trailer trash tier?
>>
>>3829769
no
i'm glad i can just buy cheap imports from japan and not have to compete with the american nostalgiafag who will pay $300 for a CIB copy of chrono trigger to sit on a shelf until their wife's son gets old enough to play it for 5 minutes before they go back to watching spider man & elsa videos on youtube.
>>
>>3829769
It is. The only way to play imports without it being nigger tier was to pay extra to buy and import the game when it came out. Sometimes years before the US version.
>>
>>3829769
what the heck geez
>>
>>3829817
Name a game that doesn't have a better Japanese box design. Pro tip, you can't.
>>
>>3829790

Found the collector.
>>
>>3829817
And it's in English anyway, so win-win
>>
>>3830886

yyyyyyyyyyes?
>>
>>3830892
Who doesn't speak Japanese nowadays?
>>
>>3829817
>>
>>3830836
>>
File: Counterpoint.jpg (1MB, 1133x1507px) Image search: [Google]
Counterpoint.jpg
1MB, 1133x1507px
>>3830836
Konami releases usually ...
>>
>>3831287

While the central paintings are possibly better on the US versions of those, I find the general design and graphics of the respective JP releases to be far more interesting.
>>
>>3829769
Importing is patrician tier. Buying games for $50 up is cuckold tier
>>
>>3830968

Hahaha Jesus Christ. What the fuck were they thinking
>>
>buying overpriced cartridges from scumbag re-sellers
lol americucks
>>
>>3829769
i got a sfc just because i think it looks better.
>>
I'm a weeb so I prefer to collect Japanese releases.
>>
File: Wario Woods.gif (24KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
Wario Woods.gif
24KB, 256x223px
>tfw the western version is much better
Is there any game like SNES Wario Woods where the international release adds more content?
>>
>>3831634
The majority of 3D Square Enix RPGs until FFXII.
>>
>>3831287
Going to have to disagree on the Contra Spirits one.
>>
>>3831287
>That SCVIV jp box
The jp Contra box has a fucking dolphin penis on it and it's still less ridiculous looking than that
>>
>>3829769
Depends, do you think sushi is the best food and Katanas are the best weapons?
>>
>>3831771
>until FFXII
I hope you meant "until after FFXII" because the international release of XII was a colossal improvement.
>>
No, it's called having some common sense.
>>
>not buying both
Why would I not want the largest possible available selection of games?
>>
>>3829769
if you're trying to save money and just care about playing I'd get a flashcart
>>
>>3830942
90% of the weebs on /vr/. But they have sick google translate skills. lol
>>
well, super metroid is a japanese game so you might as well play the game in its most original form.
>>
>>3829769
Kinda
>>
>>3829769
Tier list is as follows
>import
>regional
>PSP emulation / flash cart
>computer emulation
>phone emulation
>retro trio and other similar garbage
>>
>>3833570
i like the stickers
>>
playing walmart games on your PS4 is nigger-tier
>>
>>3831889
Most of the extra content in FFXII International was specifically added for the International version and not included in the western releases
>>
File: tumblr_m1e7veXiQX1rnxe6ho1_500.jpg (117KB, 500x410px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1e7veXiQX1rnxe6ho1_500.jpg
117KB, 500x410px
>>3831791
Then you're blind, that Contra Spirits one is ass. It's not just that they cribbed the art from the poster for Raw Deal, his proportions are fucked too, giant head, tiny arm.
>>
>>3831287
If anybody claims the Japanese covers are better in this comparison they're contrarian shitlords, especially the Super Famicom covers. Good lord those are bad.
>>
>>3829769
Very much so
>>
>>3829778

knock some sense into 'em.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.