[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ps1 Jrpgs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Katamarithumb8dz.jpg (68KB, 1000x730px) Image search: [Google]
Katamarithumb8dz.jpg
68KB, 1000x730px
Which game would you recommend out of these 4 :

Xenogears
Suikoden 2
Grandia
Wild Arms
>>
digimon world
>>
Grandia has meet gameplay but a weak story. Xenogears is really cool at first but is obviously rushed near the end. Suikoden 2 is a really good game overall. I never played Wild Arms.
Overall I'd say Suikoden 2
>>
SaGa Frontier is better than all 4, if you've never played that
>>
>>3829550
Wild Arms is some quasi Western Ameriboo shit. The rest of that is pretty accurate.

Also one of the best ever Anime intros
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVOFibwVMw0
>>
in order:

suikoden 2 (but I recomend that the person plays the first one first), it aged brilliantly, one of the best rpgs of all times.

grandia: for anyone that played lunar and loved it. it's really about the feeling of being in an adventure. the voice acting is bad but cute.

xenogears: nice game, terrible second disc. it's clearly an unfinished game, anyone that says otherwise is an apologist.

wild arms: quite average but competent.
>>
>>3829716
tfw downloading the midi of this off of rpgamer and listening to it on repeat for a month
>>
>>3829546
this
>>
one of my friends really really likes wild arms.
>>
>>3829539
Star Ocean 2
>>
>>3829539
Suikoden 2 but get a character recruitment guide (108 in total) for the true ending.

Xenogears is one of my favorites but disc 2 is a massive change in pace. Go from playing the game to visual novel.

Wild Arms has nice ost

never played grandia
>>
>>3829539
my order:

suikoden 2: Far above the rest.
+Graphics aged nicely: which can't be said about the rest.
+ Gameplay challenging, yet no grinding.
+ Quite customizable becouse you need to think about constructing solid team out of 108 available characters, and utilize powers. More strategy less mashing x.
+ war minigame that enhances gameplay and is in line with the storyline
+great immersion and solid plot
- characters are just dolls for fighting aside from 5 main chars and villains.
- hard to play without guide, which hampers immersion a bit becouse you worry about missable content all the time

xenogears:
+ quite developed/developing characters
+ big plot
+ best budget out of those 4(but still no FF tier)
- gameplay is really tiring, no customization, tons of random encounters, combat is braindead
- drags on, problems with narration pace
- minigames are badly designed and even more tiring than the rest of the game

grandia:
+ merry adventure time
+ voices in PSX game
- it's like lunar: if you aren't 10 or fan of 1985 "the goonies" you might have a bad time.

wild arms: Average. No prominent merits.
-Combat is as bland as it gets in JRPG - push x until enemy dies, pick best gear, no char custamization.
-Poor man game- no cutscenes, ugliest 3D graphics.
+Comfy adventure time.
+You can't hate it for anything, it's just that it isn't good.

To summarize:
Play suikoden 2, watch xenogears on youtube, ditch wild arms. Grandia is aquired taste so can't say much about it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.