[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro Vidya from Gamestop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: gamestop.jpg (10KB, 332x249px) Image search: [Google]
gamestop.jpg
10KB, 332x249px
Does anyone here have any experience ordering any retro vidya from gamestop? the disclaimer on the website kind of freaks me out. i don't really mind paying what is considered retail if i really want a game, but the fact that i have no idea what kind of condition the cart will come in (or if it is real) have me a bit nervous to order.
>>
File: retrotradeinfull.jpg (285KB, 1756x2048px) Image search: [Google]
retrotradeinfull.jpg
285KB, 1756x2048px
>even though they say carts shouldn't be “defaced or damaged" you can end up with one that has marker or something etched in it
>cracked or scuffed jewel cases
>really scratched CDs that will make you question how long they'll last
>CDs in a cheap yellow sleeve or generic black DVD case
>crusty controllers and/or loose analogs
>Nintendo carts will never come with original box
>manuals are a maybe
>you COULD luck out and get everything in good condition
You're better off going to one and seeing if they have retro stuff on display or using eBay.
>>
>>3828194
so in theory the labels should be in pretty good condition? cart only doesn't bother me for cart based systems
>>
bought 5 SNES games, 3 were repros, one had a badly faded label, and the last didn't work
>>
>>3828209
Expect most of them to be faded or look like they were recently unearthed.
>>
>>3828209
>so in theory the labels should be in pretty good condition?
No, absolutely not. Don't make that assumption at all.
>>
GameStop
Power to the Autists
>>
>>3828218
I don't understand why someone would trade in a repro as an original game? Gamestop gives next to nothing for premium titles and a decent repro cart is gonna run $20+ anyways. There's nothing to gain
>>
>>3828241
To stick it to the man.

#resistcapitalism
>>
File: goyimstop.jpg (424KB, 1932x2576px) Image search: [Google]
goyimstop.jpg
424KB, 1932x2576px
>>3828137
I bought a couple PS1 games from them

koudelka came almost complete with no manual
silent hill was just a black label disc
alone in the dark: a new nightmare was just discs
final fantasy tactics was just a disc
fear effect 2 was 100% complete
blue stinger was 100% complete
parasite eve 2 was 100% complete

all in all I got a profit from everything I bought there anyway because I wouldn't have bought it anyway if it were below disc price

also eternal darkness didn't have a manual but that's not ~retro~

some of the games were, however, resurfaced at a point

all in all I'd recommend it if you're looking for disc-based retro stuff because it's usually below disc-only price
>>
i wouldnt
gamestop is known to have mostly inexperienced employees handle the incoming retro games and dont know how to spot alot of the fakes.

you can likely find better products for quality, item description accuracy and price on ebay with a money back guarantee provided you have proof, really read the item descripts and take a good look at photos. i bought einhander for ps1 for 70 bucks very good condition, when i got it the case was just as cracked as the photo, but there was a crack in the disc conveniently angled with the lighting to not show up on the photos....until i zoomed in and and tilted my screen back and badda fucking bing there it was. dude was shiesty too denied seeing it when i sent him pics highlighting it...and the day i could let ebay intervene he asked me to close the case for a bullllllshit reason. lmao
i mean i got my money back and had to shell out 120 bucks for a like new einhander which was pretty much fresh out the shrink wrap.
>>
>>3828137
>>
>>3828241
Who said they were decent?
>>
>>3828241
To fuck over collectors.
And, do be honest, a lot of people are just printing false labels and selling Maddens as if they're Earthbound. Do that 10 times and your $30 of work is now $300.
>>
File: gamestop tradin.jpg (73KB, 1195x665px) Image search: [Google]
gamestop tradin.jpg
73KB, 1195x665px
They don't actually test to see if games are legit,
Instead they just offer ~$20 max for games to deter fakes, which makes it not cost effective to try and trade in a bootleg SNES cart from AliExpress (which costs about $15).

If you get a bad one, I'm sure you can get a refund or whatever but they seem pretty scummy desu. Apparently they throw out anything they don't sell.

If you have a local shop, support the local economy and go there. If not use Amazon or eBay so you can see the items themselves and have much better customer protection (and not support Gamestop).
>>
They only care if the dream cast powers on well fuck too bad I live in Canada I'd love to dump my dream cast that doesn't read games on them
>>
>>3828241
They take fucking Aliexpress bootlegs.
>>
>>3828241
They used to give out more but capped max cash back.

Still, you could get a few bucks from it. Bad way to make money imo. I'd rather flip some other shit.
>>
>>3828137
Why are the people here usually not nice
>>
>>3829905
I love that "Don't have the box?" message at the bottom, which is a real shady way of saying you don't get any more money for trading in a CIB version
>>
>>3830370
And it shows that they care so little about actual collectors that they will throw away the boxes they receive as soon as they need more space, if they don't already toss most of them immediately.
>>
>>3828194
This is all 100% true ... however, if you have the patience you are able to purchase games for much less than their standard resale prices. Also, GS Retro has a great 7-day money back guarantee, if you don't like it you get the money back, so all you need to do is order a copy of FFVII or whatever and return it if it isn't in a condition you like.
I've done it with Saturn games, took me 7 tries but I ended up with Bug! CIB for about $20 after repeated returns and reorders.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.