[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do the Turtles have any good retro games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4493.jpg (63KB, 398x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4493.jpg
63KB, 398x347px
Do the Turtles have any good retro games?
>>
Uh, pretty much all of them, anon.
>>
Yes. How do you not know of Turtles in Time?
>>
File: tmnt3-nes-1.png (8KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt3-nes-1.png
8KB, 256x224px
Konami games.
>>
>>3826878
This. Even the original NES game, that people love to hate, is fun to play. The GB games are also good.
>>
I think a better thread would be "Do any bad /vr/ Turtles games exist?" and the answer is yes. The DOS version of TMNT 1 which is literally impossible to complete without altering the game in some way. The NES version is fun despite people hating on it at times cus AVGN did. TMNT 2 is decent as a first experience with their beat em ups, but is a bit bland as far as the moveset goes. TMNT III is very good with an ample difficulty to sport and actual uniqueness among the turtles, TMNT IV (Turtles in Time) might be the best in the series with great design, characters, length, and some cool Mode 7 usage. Lastly there is Hyperstone Heist, which is fun, but is mostly just a dumbed down version of Turtles in Time with a couple of new stages. Still worth a shot though.

Oh and Konami made all of these so you just fucking KNOW the music in all of them kicks ass.
>>
>>3827047
Most DOS ports of japanese-made games were shit.
>>
>>3826875
Other anons mentioned the NES and SNES + Megadrive games so let me mention Radical Rescue for the Gameboy as well. It's basically a metroidvania where you have to rescue the other three turtles with Mike so if you like challenging or little less linear games than you might like it.
>>
There was a pretty bad but still entertaining DOS TMNT game well called Manhattan Missions that no one talks about much. Even that game was still pretty fun. So like everyone else has been saying, hardly any bad retro TMNT.
>>
File: rollerGamesNes.jpg (180KB, 635x900px) Image search: [Google]
rollerGamesNes.jpg
180KB, 635x900px
Honorable mention to Rollergames, which is basically the 4th NES Ninja Turtles game.
>>
>>3827035
Exactly, I'm not a huge fan of the first NES game, but it's not a bad game at all. I love TMNT II on the NES, it was like a hallmark of my childhood and still plays excellently.
>>
>>3827137
I think that game is fun, but it doesn't feel like TMNT at all if you ask me.
>>
>>3827752
You kidding? I mean it's an Ultra title just like the Turtles games. It plays nearly identical to Turtles 2 & 3. The skating course parts feel like the Turtles bonus stages, while the fightin' parts feel like... the rest of a turtles game.
>>
>>3827137
>cannot be used with the NES or Mattel

What
>>
>>3827774
European version
>>
tmnt tournament fighters is cool
i thought turtles in time was wack
>>
>>3827970
What an odd opinion. Ah well, it's your right I suppose. I'll respect that.
>>
>>3827116
I like the RPG aspects of it, but the time constraints makes it really hard to enjoy
>>
>>3827035
Anyone who didn't love the NES one didn't understand the mechanics well enough and got their shit handed to them early in the game. It's one of the best NES titles once you know how to survive.
>>
File: iGI4uLJ.png (628KB, 1154x352px) Image search: [Google]
iGI4uLJ.png
628KB, 1154x352px
>>3827116

>hardly any bad retro TMNT.

You have clearly not played the PC port of TMNT 1. The game was literally impossible to beat without cheating due to pic related - the pictured jump late in level 3 was impossible to clear through normal gameplay, so unless you knew a cheat code, you were stuck.

Oh, and even if you knew the cheat and made it past this level, you basically had to cheat your way through levels 5 and 6 anyway because neither level had any pizza in it. Come to think of it, the rest of the game was impossible too because the turtles had no i-frames and could die in like 2 seconds from an enemy jumping into you.

Weirdly, the dam level was a cinch. Go figure.
>>
>>3828361
God damn I loved TMNT 1... actually I enjoyed all 3 on the NES.
>>
>>3828361
they fixed it in the UK version actually
>>
>>3828412

Which did 5 year old me a whole lot of good.
>>
>>3826878
I think the arcade game on nes is weak, but most are fairly good
>>
Are the games generally rare? I have a hard time finding a Hyperstone Heist that isn't a repro
>>
>>3828648
Rare isn't the right word. They're nostalgia bait though which drives the prices up.
>>
>>3827092
Radical Rescue has some fucking great music. Can we get the AM2R guy to do that next? He wouldn't get shut down and it would probably take WAY less work. Fuck just a few upgrades to the map and UI would improve the game a thousandfold. But it is a great game.

>>3828348
I never got the complaining about the dam, but I could never get to the technodrome, nor survive that onslaught of shit that hits you when you get there.
>>
>>3829087
Radical Rescue is such an odd title, but is definitely neat at least.
>>
>>3829087
>>3829154
>Radical Rescue has some fucking great music

Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrl8mqSleY0&index=3&list=PLB0xooEkKbSaDB40foqyE29zArUGMzPpQ
>>
>>3828361
The game in question here was Manhattan Missions, which is not the DOS port of the original game. It's an entirely different game.
>>
>>3827970
>>3828279

what the fuck is happening here? Is it finally happening?
>>
File: justduckhuntthings.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
justduckhuntthings.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>3829824
Well I was >>3828279 and I just thought that berating him for it doesn't really accomplish anything. I'm sure he has his reasons for thinking TF is better. Maybe he likes fighting games but not beat em ups? I dunno. Just seemed logical to me. Not everyone likes the same stuff.
>>
>>3829462

Yes, I am aware that there is a different, distinct TMNT game on PC. I was just bitching about the shoddy port of the NES TMNT 1 for PC. Again.
>>
>>3826875
I love the turtles games, manhattan project is great
>>
Spectrum version of the original game is objectively better than the NES port
>>
>>3827137
>4th NES Turtles games
No, that would be the NES version of Tournament Fighters.
>>
>>3829160
Radical Rescue was very hard
>>
>>3829824
>>3829978
i probably just missed the hype on turtles in time, since back when it came out i preferred to dump my quarters and rental opportunities into fighting games (even broken ones like TF) instead of beat em ups. i did play it, but didn't think it was anything special and i was pretty lukewarm on beat em ups in general. then a couple years later, the first time i played Panzer Bandit, i remember thinking "wow, this game makes turtles in time look like TRASH."

i might try to go back to give turtles in time another chance soon though. i've been having fun messing around with streets of rage and splatterhouse recently even though i still think panzer bandit blows them all out of the water
>>
>>3826875
What is the grossest pizza they ate
>>
>>3830758
It's worth playing for sure, but part of it is the nostalgia really, so it's tough to say how someone would feel about it brand new to the game.
>>
Naming my four children after ninja turtles characters may seem 'immature' to some but i want only the best for Krang, Krang, Krang, & Krang
>>
>>3831547
My big bro is called Andrew, my big sis is called Andrea, i am called Andres and my lil bro is called Andy, fucking hell mom.
>>
>>3831561
You own a family law firm don't you?
>>
>>3831561
Andy is short for Andrew your mom needs to get her shit together
>>
>>3831819
andy can be used to shorten any of those names
>>
>>3830646
Okay, the 5th NES Turtles game then.
>>
I played a cool TMNT arcade game at ChuckeCheese back in the day.
>>
>>3830646
Well... in this anon's: >>3831931 defense, Roller Games came out before Tournament Fighter, making it *still* the 4th.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.