[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro Horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 154IronLungExterior.jpg (72KB, 432x363px) Image search: [Google]
154IronLungExterior.jpg
72KB, 432x363px
Apart from the usual suspects (silent hill, res evil and its clones, sweet home, clock tower, eternal darkness), what are the must play horror/survival horror games? contrary to the masses, there is something about old school graphics that scares me more than realistic ones - so newer games get less and less effective on me while old ones still creep me out. But all the lists are filled with the usual things everyone and their mother already played - can you surprise me with something else?
>>
>>3826871
Kings Field and Shadow Tower while not necessarily Horror can be pretty scary at times.

I wouldn't really say Parasite Eve is horror, but there is a lot of body horror stuff in it.

Same kind of thing with like Galerians, and Koudelka. They aren't super horror focused but there are elements.

Martian Gothic Unification is probbaly a horror game too.

Then theres Echo night, and Echo Night Beyond. I actually liked Beyond a lot, even though a lot of its themes and such would be considered fairly mainstream now.
>>
File: Waxworks-Box_Art[1].jpg (82KB, 427x548px) Image search: [Google]
Waxworks-Box_Art[1].jpg
82KB, 427x548px
Adventuresoft/Horrorsoft catalog
>>
>>3826890
Martian Gothic is good horror, but hard as fuck due to all the inventory juggling you have to do

PC
>Sanitarium
A psychological horror point-and-click, you play as an amnesiac man who wakes up in a sanitarium, and he has to piece together his memories through the various portals to otherwordly locations scattered around the sanitarium

PS1
>Juggernaut
A first-person adventure/horror game that's sort of like a collection of small stories. You have to enter your girlfriend's mind to save her from a demon that has possessed her

Interactive Fiction:
>Shade
http://www.ifiction.org/games/playz.php?cat=&game=297&mode=html

You're ready for your trip to the arts festival, but at first you have to make sure you've got everything packed

New PC games, so no retro at all, but aiming for those retro aesthetics:
>ANATOMY
You explore an abandoned house to find tapes, with each tape comparing the rooms of the house to parts of human anatomy

>All of Our Friends are Dead
A run-and-gun surreal platformer set in a distorted world populated by twisted monstrosities
>>
>>3827504
>New PC games, so no retro at all, but aiming for those retro aesthetics:

If that counts i can rec Stories Untold them

It's shaped as you playing an adventure horror game on a speccy, but you can see your table and your surrounds and all that jazz is part of the horror. Really cool and scary game
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.