[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do we think of Brutal Doom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
What do we think of Brutal Doom?
>>
So doom thread I guess?
>>
we dont think. this is a forum
>>
>>3826557
ITS FUCKING BRBRRRUTAL DUDE! BLOOD AND GUTS EVERYWHERE HAHA
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (357KB, 1909x1073px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
357KB, 1909x1073px
>>3826557
I WONDER WHY THIS THREAD IS UP HERE RIGHT NOW [brought to you by James & Mike Mondays™]

Also on a related note, James really does make a lot of awkward autistic gestures like in pic-related.
>>
Fuck off Mike. Brutal Doom will never be real Doom. Also tell Sergeant_Mark_IV to go fuck himself. Theres a reason why every major doom community hates this bastard.
>>
>>3826557
Purists will shit in it just because it's popular, but truth be told: If something is fun, it doesn't matters if it's just a mod or official, games are games at the end.
>>
>>3826557

It's shit made to appeal to edgy teenagers. Real men play vanilla Doom with wads. Wads made by Skillsaw.
>>
>>3826719

>James: fucking mouse and keyboard i broke my polished nail, fucking PC plebs are brutes.
>>
>>3826721

as if james and mike gives 2 shits about retro pc gaming, its only to catter teenager faggots.

James is a Faggot even on >>3826719 pic, and Mike is a Backstabbing fucker who doens't know 2 shits about Retro gaming

shit like this makes me wish that they were outlawed from /vr/, its fucking ridiculous that we still keep this shit here.

anything related to memey E-Celebs that isn't retro related should be banned
>>
>>3826728
>Implying the original Doom was not already for edgy teenagers in the original release
Good try.
>>
>>3826557

Its a great stress reliever. I love it.
>>
Fun for a little while but when you inevitably go back to Vanilla you realize you're done with BD.
>>
One of my favorite youtube series rn just play it :) https://youtu.be/sVtDsQ5L_oc
>>
>>3826557
It was fun as a gimmick to get me to pick up Doom again for a while. However, I hate how common it's considered a replacement for vanilla doom and edgelords seem to always tell newbies to play Brutal Doom instead of normal Doom.
>>
>>3826719
Looks like a normal person resting his elbow on his other arm while talking.
The one looking like a mongoloid there is Mike.
>>
>>3826926
Mike is just sitting normally. James is the one with his hands all up by his mouth looking prissy.
>>
>>3826935
prissy maybe, but I don't see the autism.
Meanwhile Mike is grinning like a retard, I can almost hear the "hurr durrr". The checkered shirt doesn't help.

Seriously though, what's up with Mike's wardrobe? It's like he's always wearing his grandpa's clothes.
>>
>>3826947
O.k. this ends now!!! No more bullying people in this thread! Talk about the game or talk nice. I will summon a janitor. Don't push it, bud.
>>
>>3826753
Why is Mike a backstabber?
>>
>>3826963
He fired Bootsy, his best friend since 4th grade
>>
Doom is a community that's up its own ass and thinks that Brutal Doom isn't Doom even though the source code is open-sourced for anyone to modify.

Purist Doom is pretty silly
>>
>>3826982
Damn that is one Godfather II-tier betrayal.
>>
>>3826557

A bit too much.

They really should just spin off their own original game, call it "Brutal", make it a 2D/3D game, and then they can do whatever they want to with it.
>>
File: mike.jpg (72KB, 640x608px) Image search: [Google]
mike.jpg
72KB, 640x608px
>>3826947
He got into grandpa clothes after he outgrew his leather jacket bad boy phase.
>>
>>3826557
better than vanilla doom, but thats not really saying much.
>>
When did Mike fire Bootsy? Are you for real?
>>
>>3827301
Back around New Year's I think. Check Bootsy's twitter, he's off making music now and says he's not part of Cinemassacre anymore. I think he still likes Mike after all they've been through so he won't talk about the firing, but all the videos with Bootsy in them were removed from Cinemassacre's site so there's really no ambiguity here over what happened.
>>
File: kill yourself loser.jpg (252KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
kill yourself loser.jpg
252KB, 1280x960px
>>3827252
>but thats not really saying much.
>>
>>3827306
Bootsys the only one who had legitimate gaming skill
>>
File: face pull.png (528KB, 702x525px) Image search: [Google]
face pull.png
528KB, 702x525px
>watch James and Mike play Brutal Doom
>my face every time James just stands there taking fireballs to the face like he's never played a video game before in his life

You'd think someone who's so invested in retro games and video games in general would have some common sense like knowing to dodge projectile attacks
>>
>>3826719
James may have a weird gesture yet Mike looks more autistic just sitting there "normally".
>>
>>3826947
Do you understand that adult men were button up shirts?

So you understand that when you where a hoodie and sweatpants everywhere it makes you look retarded?
>>
>>3826721
>Theres a reason why every major doom community hates this bastard.

Why? If you don't like Brutal Doom just don't play it. If you don't like reading about Brutal Doom then just close your eyes.
>>
>>3826593
calm down son
>>
>>3826982
He did? I hadn't heard about that.
>>
>>3827306
His Twitter says that Mike and Bootsy is stopping, but that he'll be in other vids still, so I'm not sure where you are gathering this.
>>
>>3827321

He can't into kb+mouse.
>>
>>3826557
Why does he keep making newer versions of this mod? Is he just going to keep working on it until he starts fucking it up?

There has to come a point where a developer needs to just stop working to perfect a game and let it be. Polish is great but a large part of the fun in many games is some of the unpolished and unbalanced quirks to.

Some things added to Brutal Doom I don't think were even necessary. Like the dual wielding weapons.
>>
>>3826557
It is pretty good, I like how cyberdemon and the mastermind behaves like actual bosses now.
In vanilla, most monsters felt pretty useless unless there is some hitscanner to make things interesting, that has been fixed to a good extent.
>>
>>3826719
I saw James Rolfe at a grocery store in New York yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, "Beaners... Heh... Beans make you fart."

I was taken aback, and all I could say was "Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going "ppffft! pfffft! pfffft!", just kept making fart noises like a child. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen bags of beans in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each pack and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by making fart noises.
>>
>>3826721
>WAAAH THIS GUY IS A MEANIE AND DIDNT CREDIT ME DONT PLAY HIS MOD
Pathetic. I don't even like BD but the reasons you guys shit on it are always retarded.
>>
>>3826721
>Theres a reason why every major doom community hates this bastard.
The community hates him because people introduced to this mod won't try any other gameplay mod, and will only bother playing those that are compatible with Brutal Doom.
>>
>>3826557

Not a fan. I prefer the gameplay of vanilla Doom, because it plays best with the vast amount of mapping content available for it.
>>
>>3827825
2/10 pasta attempt mate
>>
Fun mod to fuck around with, but acting like it's "how DOOM was meant to be played" or "the cancer killing DOOM" is silly. It's just a particular way to play DOOM and you don't have to use it.
>>
>>3826557
>we

Why do you think this board is a hivemind that you must follow? Just form your own onion.
>>
>>3826557

Cancer. Next?
>>
>>3826982
you can't just say that and not explain
>>
>>3827675
>>3827647
>>3828009
Read the e-celeb threads you guys, it's been discussed to death in those.
>>
>>3827825
lol

This was a pretty creative reinvention of a very old pasta.

8/10
>>
File: Dom-DeLuise[1].jpg (95KB, 800x1083px) Image search: [Google]
Dom-DeLuise[1].jpg
95KB, 800x1083px
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.