[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does nobody talk about this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: N64_MarioTennis.png (349KB, 438x370px) Image search: [Google]
N64_MarioTennis.png
349KB, 438x370px
why does nobody talk about this game
>>
>>3826231
I guess people assume that sports + Mario = shit cash grab with babby characters. Fun fact, the N64 game was one of the best-sellers in Japan, outdoing Mario Party 2 and selling just below Pokemon Stadium.
>>
Because Mario Power Tennis on the Gamecube outshines it.
>>
Sports games are usually kind of hard to talk about, even when remembered fondly.

Mario Tennis was fun. But there's not much else I can say about it.

Did the 64 even have any other tennis games?
>>
>>3826263
N64 version has better game mechanics
>>
I kill all of my friends on this.

Luigi for life.
>>
>>3826231
There's not much to talk about. Plus there seems to be a general swelling of N64 hate on this board, recently. Sad, because it is a wonderful game. Towards the end of the N64's lifespan, it became our go-to party game, even more so than the standard Smash/Kart/Bond trifecta.

>>3826263
This is false. In my humble opinion.
>>
File: MTGBC.jpg (132KB, 800x801px) Image search: [Google]
MTGBC.jpg
132KB, 800x801px
>Not posting the superior version
>>
>>3826676
>not having both
don't you want to unlock new characters?
>>
Because Mario Golf is the definitive Mario sports game.
>>
File: Mario's Tennis-2.png (8KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
Mario's Tennis-2.png
8KB, 384x224px
I really like the first one, even though it's not as good as 64, I find the graphics and music super comfy (even if it's red and black, yes).
I hope the VB scene eventually find a way to make it multiplayer, seems unlikely but one can dream.
>>
>>3826676
>get challenged by Mario at the end of the storyline
>hyped up to be a legendary tennis player
>wreck his shit with a lob and then a smash every point
>>
File: TennisGameBoy.png (4MB, 1464x1460px) Image search: [Google]
TennisGameBoy.png
4MB, 1464x1460px
Because true gamers are too busy talking about this
>>
>>3826231
Honestly I really don't know.
>>
N64 is shit

do I fit in yet, guys? please tell me I fit in
>>
File: 213qhie.jpg (13KB, 236x305px) Image search: [Google]
213qhie.jpg
13KB, 236x305px
>>3826676

>mfw the Union players do 90 degree drop shots
>>
>>3826231
Probably because it felt like a beta next to the GameCube version.

I know the GC ain't retro. But it's version of Mario Tennis blew the N64 verison the fuck out to the point of irrelevance.
>>
>>3827085
its just pong with tennis rackets
such a basic gaming concept cant become irrelevant
>>
>>3827085
>But it's version of Mario Tennis blew the N64 verison the fuck out to the point of irrelevance.
Bullshit, they changed the tennis mechanics for the worse in the Gamecube version, and all of the item related changes were shit too.
>>
>>3826457
It has super moves?
>>
>>3827090
>just pong with tennis rackets
>having this much autism
wew
>>
because it looks like shit on emulator
>>
Virtua Tennis is still the best and most fun tennis game series.
>>
>>3827751
>Wew
Sup reddit! Shouldnt you be on /v/?
>>
>>3826676
>Wreck shit at the school
>Get to the island tournament or whatever and suddenly the difficulty spikes and the matches are longer
>>
>>3826676
Thinking of getting this on the 3DS eShop.
Is it similar to Mario Tennis: Power Tour on the GBA?
>>
File: tumblr_m3xj4arEuD1rs48lto1_1280.png (191KB, 510x434px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3xj4arEuD1rs48lto1_1280.png
191KB, 510x434px
>>3826691
>being 6 years old or so
>anon shows me his GB with Mario Golf
>ok, golf, sports came, can be fun
>mfw the match ends and I can fucking move the character
>mfw suddenly is an rpg
>>
>>3826813
deepest lore
>>
>>3826231
>why does nobody talk about n64 mario pong?
Boggles the mind, don't it? For to play in small doses with friends. Literally nothing more to say about it.
>>
File: Empire.jpg (11KB, 118x180px) Image search: [Google]
Empire.jpg
11KB, 118x180px
>>3827075
>>3827782
Empire is the hardest school of that tournament imo. One character has a fucking curved drop shot that drives me crazy.

Also, that music:
https://youtu.be/_oqMufOAYB8?list=PL76B15276239627AE

>>3827789
It's 8-bit Power Tour without Power Shots. The eShop download doesn't have the N64 characters and courts, though.
>>
You know what's kind of weird? Both the Wii U Mario Tennis and 3DS one have the same mechanic and me and my friends enjoy them a lot, but they got lots of bad rep(especially the wii u one).

Never forget the 64 version though. The birth of our king, Waluigi
>>
>>3827781

BotW leaked on /v/ I can't go there no more until friday
>>
>>3827767
Looks good on a real N64 though. I like how they actually tried to simulate lighting and shadowing from the sun beaming onto the tennis court.
>>
>>3828237
It was a damned gorgeous N64 game. Probably one of the best-looking, really. I always tend to use it to test my system mods because the models and textures are so nice.

>>3828048
Are you like me and you actually managed to avoid all the hype material for this damn game? I realized a few years ago I was sick of riding hype trains. Everyone is always clamoring for gameplay footage and spoilers before games come out, then they wonder why they're so disappointed when they actually play it. I've been trying to get back to how I played games when I was a kid.

I don't know a single thing about BotW except for what I saw in the first reveal trailer. Feels good, man.

>>3828045
I think it's just that Tennis is a pretty basic game. They got the mechanics so impeccably right on their very first try, they shot themselves in the foot. They had nowhere else to go but to add shallow gimmicks here and there. They added items like Mario kart and trick arenas in later titles, but really, my friends and I always had the most fun just playing a regular tennis match.

>>3827781
Is "wew" reddit? I see it so often here, I thought it was homegrown.
>>
>>3828995
Not him, but same. I watched the trailers, but as soon as I saw all the threads about the leak I've been exclusively here.
>>
>>3828995
>>3829574
/v/ is flooded with leaks and even more shitposting than normal because the new Zelda and Switch are about to come out - a lot of people are fleeing the board for a while because it's getting really fucking bad

also to stay on subject, I'm quite fond of Mario Tennis, though mostly the Gamecube one. Does anyone remember those McDonalds kiosks with N64 games? I would play Mario Tennis on those a lot. It was fun.

Real shame about the Wii U one, I hear it's really barren, or something.
>>
been playing the GBA one and it's pretty fun. Wish Camelot could do another proper RPG Tennis game again
>>
>>3828995
"Wew" is from here, idk what they're talking about
>>
>>3826231
I have never played it. How is the gameplay?
>>
>>3826231
I fucking love this game and prefer the physics and feeling to GC. Great party game.
>>
>>3826676
one of the best gbc titles.

>wii u mario tennis sucks
>3ds mario tennis doesn't have a fucking story mode

still mad at camelot
>>
>>3827913
>one empire player looks like a tranny
>the other wears cyclops goggles and dropshots like a madman

Bothers me that you can't play/unlock Kevin and the way that skills drop off if you don't pump points to them constantly

I tried a bit of advance power tour but I don't like the art style one bit.

I do like that they keep Alex/Nina around as characters.
>>
>tfw play tennis to shining force music
feels good man
>>
>>3826231
Because Power Tennis is better and you know it.
>>
>>3830458
t. born in 1998
>>
>>3827058
I do kind of think it's shit
>>
Wasn't there a Mario Tennis on Virtual Boy?
>>
>>3829594
It's really bad. I don't get why they do it. Why do people watch shit loads of gameplay footage before they've even played the game? I used to do it when I was 14 but then I realised how retarded it was

I'm trying to go into botw as blind as possible. I haven't watched any of the trailers or anything or intentionally looked at any screenshots. But /v/ has been so bad lately I've ending up seeing and reading a couple of things I'd rather not have

I avoided everything in the months leading up to the launch of GTA V too and when I played it I was completely blown away. But then obviously I come on here a couple months later and everybody's calling it the worst game ever made.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.