[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Can't remember the name" thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: Battle interface.png (19KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Battle interface.png
19KB, 800x600px
There haven't been one for a while.

So, let me start. This PC game was about young brother and sister dungeoncrawling, some magic was involved too, I think. The view was top-down; the dungeon had chests with items, traps and monsters. To fight the monster you had to solve a word riddle of varying difficulty, tied to the monster type; I remember an ogre being one of the simplest, haven't played far enough. The "battle" interface looked somewhat like the pic related. When the time ran out, you got hit by the monster and lost some life.
The dungeon had multiple levels, each with their distinct loading screen with vaguely anime or cartoony art. Level two had the protagonists hiding at griffin's nest with a large griffin lurking nearby.
The game folder contained the file with riddles and their answers, so one could theoretically check or memorize them.

Searching for "word riddle dungeon" returns a number of game apps and other unrelated stuff and I'm not even sure what's its category on game sites: RPG, puzzle or educational.
>>
>>3824164
These kinds of games tend to be edutainment games so I would focus on that.
>>
>doom/wolfenstein clone fps on ps1
>all japanese text
>first few levels (or maybe the whole game, i don't know) took place in a modern building
>enemies were all human and i believe they were terrorists
>one enemy type was a big guy with minigun. used to get rekt by him a lot.
>cutscenes where static images with text box like visual novel
>at the end of level 1 (or maybe 2) there was one of these cutscene where cops get stuck in an elevator (one of them was you, i think)
>for some reason i used to think it was a spin-off of counter-strike or something. probably the title something similar or the box art reminded me of it.

HELP ME BROS
>>
>>3824212
Find it. It was Expert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOIi28Nzs1w&list=PLuB7mLeC2g3HRofgdoYwmqECJ466Lg529&index=3
>>
I searched for years, but never found this game again...

>top down racing game, perspective like Micro Machines V3, also played like that
>I think it was released 96/97, maybe 98 but that would be a stretch
>cars that i can remember are a red farm truck, a yellow ny taxi and some white three wheeled rocket... thing.
>it had a intro movie with these cars racing around in a canyon/desert and fucking each other up
>also every car had some cheesy driver, like the taxi had some dude with a hawaiian shirt and the farm truck some redneck guy.
>there was a jungle themed track, and one on a farm or something like that (it had orange(?) dirt as texture...)
>it supported vga and svga resolution. I remember playing it in svga, cause it looked so much better, on a 233 mmx but it ran like shit
>the main menu was all on one screen i think with a brownish color scheme
>on the left bar you chose your track and stuff
>the middle was picture of the track
>on the right bar you chose your car, options and language. also the exit button was there
>don't remember if it ran under dos or win95 or both
>I also remember it, being hard as fuck, just like MMV3. I never could get past the first stages. But maybe i sucked so much as a child
>don't remember if it had also pickups/powerups like MMV3 or not.

I would love to just see this game again.
>>
>>3824238
Sounds a bit like Death Rally, but can't be sure...
>>
>>3824238
This?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BadFguo5V4k
>>
>>3824249
Menu and layout does look like what anon described but it doesn't seem to have the vehicles he mentioned
>>
>>3824249
>>3824252

Sadly not.
>>
Well, since this thread gets far more traffic than mine, I guess I might ask here as well...

Shareware roleplaying game / game with roleplay elements set in the stone age.

-traveling was done on a landscape in first person. Like a raycaster only without any walls, had some tree and rock sprites.

-random encounters with wild animals and other humans

-you could trade, convice to join you or fight.

-fighting was basicaly a sidescrolling beat 'em up.

-you could craft stuff. Knapping spear or arrow tips was done by actually beating rocks in the needed shape. You had a rock and an outline of what to craft, the longer you held the mouse button, the stronger you were hitting the rock.

If I recall correctly it was for Windows 3.11 (ran fine on 95 and 98)
>>
Whenever people say that /vr/ will eventually run out of games to discuss I always think about these threads with the almost endless stream of obscure PC and Mac games that people have played and are now almost lost to time and then about how non PC/Mac computers probably have just as many games total which are even more obscure and I doubt we would ever truly run out of topics.

Godspeed, Anons. I wish I knew computer gaming as well as I know console gaming to be more help but I really enjoy the browsing.
>>
File: betrayal_at_krondor_gog_5.jpg (44KB, 640x373px) Image search: [Google]
betrayal_at_krondor_gog_5.jpg
44KB, 640x373px
>>3824328
Betrayal at Krondor?
>>
>>3824356
Sadly not, actual stone age. Like, leopard fur for clothing. Also character design was more cartoon-ish.
>>
>2000-ish PC
>you play as a woman with pale white skin
>swampy enviroment
>enemies were big and bug/demon looking (not too sure on this one)
>there were small friendly people with comically large heads you could talk to
>>
>>3824445
That's... not much to go on, really... Heavy Metal F.A.K.K. 2 maybe?
>>
>>3824445
Bloodrayne
>>
Back in elementary school we used to play some game on old monochrome black-and-green display computers (I think Apple IIs, not sure). One of the games we played was some kind of cookie factory management game. Any ideas? I'm guessing it was probably widespread in American public schools in the 80s.
>>
around windows 95/98
it was like a click adventure game like myst but i don't think it had as much depth.

The only thing i remember was a space station screen and locking a key in a drawer so i couldn't continue; clicking things made space sounds. There could have been other themes and areas too but i don't remember.

>>3824481
i know what game your talking about but i don't remember the name at all
>>
>>3824503
>point and click like myst
>space station
Enemy Zero maybe?
>>
Some old IBM game involving piloted robots fighting in a colosseum
>>
>1990s i think
>medieval times
>game might have been made by sierra??
>game was four different games in one
>3d graphics
>one of the games was set at this wooden table in a dungeon
>four potions were on the table
>you had a dagger and the goal was to turn a block of lead into gold by dipping the dagger into the potions in the correct order and hitting the lead block
>there was a stag beetle you could touch and it would give you a hint
>>
>>3824164
>pus(sy)
>Tit
>Co(c)k
lel
>>
>>3824512
that wasn't it but thanks
>>
Some old game on the NES where you played as Popeye the Sailor Man and you had to save your girlfriend I think.
>>
>>3824350
Casual/tripfag detected.
I doubt you were even alive when Babbages was around.
>>
File: screenshot_00011.jpg (15KB, 505x269px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_00011.jpg
15KB, 505x269px
I'm totally sure I saw once in an arcade a game with fucking huge sprites with this characters, I can't even remember his name to try google.
>>
>cover had some guy/kid with glasses who looked at you with some gopher or some brown animal a bit further in the distance both standing outside
>game was played on Win 98 and it was between 1997 and 2000.
>was in 3D and in third person, might be a platformer.
>>
>>3824623
Popeye for the NES?

>>3824518
Rise of the Robots?

>>3824445
American McGee's Alice?

>>3824328
Robinsons Requiem?
>>
>>3824518
Probably the old Robotech game I've been looking for forever. Colloseum was just a small part of it, but was accessible early. Was it on windows 3.11?
>>
Ok
>PS2 game
>think it was a PC port
>Starts with FMV cutscene and has a few
>puzzle game I think
>First gameplay you see a dude run off with something important of yours
>First person
>Morrowind tier graphics
I played it when I was pretty young and got bored of it really quick, but it started to intrigue me a few days ago
>>
File: 4a229eed7e7c9_41387b[1].jpg (17KB, 200x262px) Image search: [Google]
4a229eed7e7c9_41387b[1].jpg
17KB, 200x262px
>>3824686
I can assure you that we didn't sell any of these games people are attempting to rediscover at Babbage's. We only had two slots and one island for PC and most of the island was hardware. I personally didn't play PC at all because it was too expensive. I'd sometimes pick up budget rereleases like pic related when they'd penny out and they still didn't really run so good on my 486 DX2/80
>>
>>3824481
>>3824503
Granny Applebee's Cookie Factory?
>>
>>3824423
Sapiens
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapiens_(jeu_vid%C3%A9o)
>>
>>3824518
One Must Fall 2097?
>>
>>3824776
popeye for the nes is great. Love the seahag haha
>>
>>3830181
Oh god, yes! Thank you thank you thank you!
>>
I remember an old game my dad had along with Prince of Persia and Loom.

It was a shooting game with very basic graphics where you played a guy with a pistol. It was a 2D game with single non-moving screens. You had to walk in and out of houses, shoot criminals or something and possibly pick up items.
>>
an old point and click game where you were some sailor kid or something, i think it was set in the spanish main, i don't remember much, but the game came with a map
>>
>>3824238
vangers
>>
File: nightcrawler.jpg (54KB, 698x504px) Image search: [Google]
nightcrawler.jpg
54KB, 698x504px
OK, this might be a long shot, but when I was very young I had this PC game that I got in a box of cereal. I remember it came on a mini CD, so it was nothing too substantial. The game was based on the X-Men and IIRC it was sort of a minigame collection, with each of the characters having their own minigame. The only one I distinctly remember was Nightcrawler's. He was standing on some sort of platform like this, and there were four buttons - two on each side - that I think were color coded. It was something like, you had to jump and hit the button that corresponded to the same-colored enemy to kill it before it killed you, but I could be totally off on that, since I barely remember it.

Any ideas?
>>
There was this game with like I think a stocky caveman dude and he was collecting eggs I think. The whole game had a bit of an Asian-y vibe to it. I'm pretty sure this was for the NES. Not a lot of info, I know.
>>
it was a game for SNES, and it had some sort of basically 3D overworld and the only thing I could figure out was deforming land, and all I could do was deform one specific square downwards until it shaped into a big empty pyramid-like hole with a little bit of water at the bottom
>>
>dungeon crawler, or at least a game that plays similarly with pre-drawn hallways etc.
>game is set in some kind of research facility/insane asylum
>the game starts with character editor where you can pick up your name and choose your portrait from a bunch of generic human faces
>the walls are mostly gray/white
>the first enemies you encounter are white rats

It was on bunch of demo/shareware discs on mid 90s.
>>
This is very vague, but here's all I remember:

- PS1 game, may have been released on other platforms, I don't know

- Case cover had prominent shades of yellow/orange and black, I think

- 3rd person perspective

- Seemed like a medieval/fantasy setting

- Starting area is in some forest, may have been displaying a sunset in-game because I recall seeing hues of orange and prominent shadows

Wish I could describe more.
>>
It was just posted a few days ago here but I forgot to wishlist it. It was some Dungeon Crawler with contemporary firearms, live action cut scenes(I think), and was on steam
>>
>>3833328
Populus?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.