[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you playing right now, /vr/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 18

File: de.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
de.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
What are you playing right now, /vr/?
>>
Final Fantasy VII. I am actually going to try to beat it but it is losing its grip on me. The start is strong but I went back to the home town after Cosmo Canyon and it isn't as interesting anymore. I remember dropping it a long time ago because I wasn't going to bother with some sort of door maze in the crater.

I am sure it will grip me more once I get back to Midgard.
>>
>>3823695
It's never a good idea to force yourself to play a game. Regardless of it's popularity, if it's not fun, then it's not fun.
>>
PLEASE HELP ME KIND SIR
>>
>>3823698
I mean it is okay right now and I have well over a decade between when I last dropped it and now when I am playing it so it feels a bit more fresh to me.
>>
I'm playing all kirby games for the first time. When I was kid I thought they seemed kinda silly and somewhat gay but now I would put them higher than mario bros.
>>
>>3823784
Captcha ate my picture.
>>
>>3823638
NES
>>
>>3823784
No shame in liking Kirby. A real solid series of games.
>>
>>3823638
not playing right this second but Final Fantasy 8 and Metal Gear Solid. I may just suck at games, but I'm finding Metal Gear kinda unfair and the controls are kinda shitty. FF8 is my first FF so I can't compare it to anything.
>>
>>3823784
You must be a bit insecure about your own sexuality, pal.
Kirby is good.
>>
WipEout 3 because of that one guy.
>>
Vagrant Story.

Weird as fuck but I'm really beginning to like it.
>>
>>3823695
>>3823704
>>3823784
>>3823789
>>3824125
>>3824156
>>3824469
>>3824474
>>3824490

>Posting other than SEGA on /vr/

HOW FUCKING RETARDED ARE YOU?
>>
>>3824519
fug

I don't much like tats, but I'd get that one.
>>
>>3824525
Get it... if you don't care about getting laid again.
>>
>>3824527
Funny you should say that. I think I'm at that point
>>
>>3824471
In a age where Contra, Duke Nukem, Doom, Mortal Kombat, Streets of Rage and many other hyper violent titles were the norm for a young boy, something cute like that was just too strange and unknown to invest your money into. Nice projection tough.
>>
>>3824519
I've played every single worthwhile SEGA game, dumbass.

Finally had to move onto other stuff.
>>
>>3824662
No way! All four of them?
>>
File: C5TBMrvUcAAdKLl.jpg (99KB, 500x778px) Image search: [Google]
C5TBMrvUcAAdKLl.jpg
99KB, 500x778px
>>3823638
On my first ever play-through of Link to the Past this weekend. I'm having a great time, what a fantastic game. I'm 33 and was the right age to play it when it was new, but we were a Sega Genesis household so I never had the opportunity.

I'm taking a break right now, I'm at the spinning worm boss in the castle on top of the mountain where you get the third pendant and he keeps knocking me off the edge. Trying to hit his tail without getting bumped around is really damn difficult for me.

I'm also doing something I did as a kid, keeping a notebook next to me as an adventure log. I make note of what people say, caves I find that I can't solve the puzzles yet, etc. so I have a paper trail of things to do later in the game. It always makes the experience more immersive for me.
>>
>>3824680
Use your dash attack to attack the tail.
>>
File: Rockman & Forte.jpg (2MB, 3366x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Rockman & Forte.jpg
2MB, 3366x2100px
>>3823638
I'm used to seeing some mixed opinions about this game but I love it. It's one of my favorite Mega Man games.

Btw, fuck Tengu Man's stage. That first part with the orange balloons is annoying as fuck.
>>
Monster World IV and Pulseman.

Fun games with very nice graphics.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (13KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
13KB, 239x211px
Little Nemo
>>
>>3824680
>I'm also doing something I did as a kid, keeping a notebook next to me as an adventure log. I make note of what people say, caves I find that I can't solve the puzzles yet, etc. so I have a paper trail of things to do later in the game. It always makes the experience more immersive for me.

This is incredible, I'm going to try this at the next RPG I play.
>>
>>3823638
Just bought a SNES after foolishly getting rid of mine years ago. I could only afford one game though, so I got Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts since I figured it would last me a good amount of time and offer some replayability. I can get to the third boss on one credit now.
>>
>>3825605
It's pretty comfy, it really helps keep everything in order, and at the end you have a nice memento of your adventure.
>>
>>3825687
Nice. Such s fun game. You should play Mr. Nutz next if you're still in the mood for a challenging platformer. It's not as difficult as G&G though.
>>
>>3825439
Pulseman was surprisingly good. I thought it was gonna be a shit megaman ripoff but its an ok megaman ripoff
>>
>>3824527
>implying girls would know sega is
>>
File: IMG_6235-Miracoli-Packung_vorne.jpg (142KB, 420x560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6235-Miracoli-Packung_vorne.jpg
142KB, 420x560px
>>3823638
>What are you playing right now, /vr/?

miraculi... the food
>>
Tenchu. Can't believe I missed this.
>>
Star Fox: Assault
>>
File: Destruction_Derby_2_Coverart.png (144KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Destruction_Derby_2_Coverart.png
144KB, 256x256px
Destruction Derby 2, PSX
>>
File: Neue Bitmap.png (427KB, 786x725px) Image search: [Google]
Neue Bitmap.png
427KB, 786x725px
>>
Started up Yoshi's Island again for the first time since I forced myself to beat it a few years ago to see if I can see why people like it this time.

Nope, still think it's complete shit.
>>
>>3827879
I tried it recently as well, I found the egg shooting and crying baby Mario mechanics annoying.
>>
>>3827885
There's a hack to remove the crying and timer noises, but I still think the game is fucking terrible even without those noises.
>>
i was playing sotn but got RSI from shield dashing so i'm taking a break

>>3825441
comfy pick
>>
>retro
Wonder Boy Dragon's Trap

>not retro
Katamari Damacy
>>
>>3827773
The best Star Fox
>>
>>3827953
Just beat it about half an hour ago. That last level was pretty brutal.

Now what to play next... I'm thinking castlevania 3 or kid Icarus. Haven't played either but I I loved the first castlevania so I'm leaning towards the former.
>>
>>3828314
cv3 is great, but kid icarus is kind of a slog. there was a 20 year break in the series for a reason.
>>
>>3823638
A Mario 64 hack, Star Road. Its alright, but I think I'll stick to the original next time.
>>
>>3828314
>>3828528
>kid Icarus

This is the next game on my list, after I finish some more recent ones. I heard an anon saying that the worst part of the game was the start in vertical mode and that it gets better on the following ones. Another thing was that you had to farm hearts for the most part of the game.
>>
Dragon Quest VII
Just got Melvin
I love the vocation system, I'm making my hero go through monster classes for PKJ, Gabo is going for Godhand and Maribel/Melvin Summoner
(I'm playing the 3DS version but prefer PSX names)
>>
Not really /vr/ related, but I'm playing through SMT: Strange Journey, about 35 hours in and loving it. Would be playing a retro game, but I make a rule of only playing one at a time.
>>
>>3829096
Almost done with Nocturne here. Bought all the ps2 SMT games new off Amazon as a Christmas present to myself.
>>
File: Thumbs up!.png (396KB, 680x619px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs up!.png
396KB, 680x619px
>>3829104
Good man. They are all fantastic. Some of the best RPGs out there imo.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (79KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
79KB, 500x499px
>>3823638
Waitting for some FE translations. IN the meanwhile ...
>>
>>3823638
I just beat Grandia 2, I dont know if I should beat another backlogged Jrpg or start a new game.

(backlogged Bof2 & FF6)
>>
I put money on my 3DS to buy shit on the eShop several days ago and still haven't decided what I want, so I haven't been playing anything.
>>
>>3829354
You know there's a hack for the 3DS now. WiiU, too.
>>
Just finally got around to playing D2 for the dreamcast and I'm absolutely loving it. I've played all the western releases of WARP's games and honestly I like Trip'd on 3do more than D or Enemy Zero (as of now I haven't spent too much time with it though).

I really love D2 so far though, the whole atmosphere and play style are just really cool and interesting. (I'm also canadian so to fit my stereotype I'm obligated to enjoy any media that takes place in or even mentions Canada in passing)
>>
File: 546545.jpg (122KB, 1280x760px) Image search: [Google]
546545.jpg
122KB, 1280x760px
>>
>>3827963
Playstation is considered retro here I believe.
>>
>>3823638
I started SMB3 again but pic related ruined my winning streak. I completed it in the past but I had to use savestates.
I also play Advance Wars 2 DS. I really enjoy nuking allies to grab their lands.
>>
Dragon Quest II. Part of my first exposure to the Loto Trilogy (as well as DQ in general)

Grinding a bit while hunting for crests. The fact that I nearly got killed by a swarm of Metal Slimes is almost humiliating.
>>
>>3823638

Deus ex.

17yr is retro
>>
Dragon Quest V,
Panic in the Mushroom Kingdom.
>>
playing banjo-kazooie for the first time in forever. younger me would be stunned at getting all items in bubblegloop swamp in one sitting

it wasn't as fun as I remember, but then i went to freezeezy peak and it was radical
>>
File: 1454387036467.png (249KB, 947x768px) Image search: [Google]
1454387036467.png
249KB, 947x768px
>>3827803
Pop that shit in a cd player.
>>
File: 1465316372957.jpg (56KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
1465316372957.jpg
56KB, 500x472px
>>3823638
Mischief Makers.
>>
File: IMG_0067.jpg (3MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0067.jpg
3MB, 2016x1512px
nothing special

>>3830725
i need to rebuy this
NA or JP cart? is the voice acting different?
>>
>>3823638
Switch soon tb honest
>>
Just got the Ys collection from HOG.
Playing in order. Currently on Oath.
Playing bumpercars for the first two was entertianing, but it's nice to have normal attacks again.
I missed this when it first came out and was introduced to the series by mistake. I had went to rent a game for Genesis and Ys3 was in the box instead. I didn't get to finish it then but am now and it's amazing. Maybe not by today's standards, and of course they're remakes, but it's still brutty gud so far.
Dark Fact can suk a dik tho - so much cheese.
>tfw can't remember how spoiler tags work
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.