[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disappointing final bosses to otherwise good games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 17

File: Super Castlevania IV Dracula.jpg (173KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Super Castlevania IV Dracula.jpg
173KB, 1920x1080px
I played this recently for the first time (I had only ever played the NES Castlevanias), I thought that playing on a higher difficulty would have Dracula take on another form.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (101KB, 770x582px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
101KB, 770x582px
>Castlevania X actually has a hard boss
>"REEEE I KEEP FALLIN IN DA HOLES"
>>
Dat Simon's theme at the climax of the battle though.
>>
File: Splatterhouse.jpg (71KB, 320x257px) Image search: [Google]
Splatterhouse.jpg
71KB, 320x257px
I was expecting something better and harder.
>>
File: thps2.jpg (95KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
thps2.jpg
95KB, 953x953px
I feel like Tony Hawk campaigns always peter out
>>
>>3823297
it's definitely not as bombastic as some of the other games, but i wouldn't call it a disappointment, they bothered to change up his moveset when his face changes at least.
>>
>>3823297
>Mother 1
>Boss is an alien baby who's your half-brother
>Kill it with singing
>>
>>3823358
too cheesy you think
>>
>>3823571
Earthbound had the same problem. Awesome fight and it ends by using one of the least fun abilities in the game.
>>
Last boss of Tales of Eternia had a change of heart after she was defeated then dies from evisceration from a gravity beam.
>>
>>3823297
>boomerang and 95 hearts
u fuckin cheeser
>>
>>3823649
One of the best boss death animations ever, though.
>>
Gunstar Heroes, you get through an endless boss rush just to face a robot controlled by gems that is easy as fuck
>>
>>3823598
heh
>>
File: Hag1.png (437KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Hag1.png
437KB, 1024x576px
>"How do we top the fun, hectic, skill-testing fight in the first game?"
>"We don't!"
>another shitty FPS section with a quiz thrown in that makes the fight easier or more tedious
>>
>>3823297
I love rondo of blood but its hard
>>
>>3824064
You mean easy?
>>
>>3823598
Funny you mention that, his theme is called Requiem of Captain Mozzarella.
>>
File: solarjetman.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
solarjetman.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>3823297

This garbage in Solar Jetman. You spend the whole game in your fancy little ship that has shields and can move all kinds of directions. You gather upgrades and fuel all while nimbly fighting the occasional enemy. Hell, even if your ship blows up you can fly your little astronaut dude around. You spend this whole game gathering up the golden ship parts, which as it turns out is a stinky pile of garbage. One hit and it blows up, no shields, and no mobility. It's like the person who designed the last level was not told what type of game SJ was going to be, so they just made a shitty bullet hell.
>>
>>3823310
Sounds like Castlevania X has hard holes rather than hard bosses.
>>
>>3824170
the bosses are challenging. Compare Kerberos (the first boss on Dracula X) to the dragon (first boss on Rondo).
>>
File: stage-b.png (729KB, 3100x3800px) Image search: [Google]
stage-b.png
729KB, 3100x3800px
>>3823297
maybe.
but i feel like that whole last area was really amazing.
>>
File: disappointment.jpg (122KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
122KB, 800x557px
>>3823297
Not just the boss, the whole last level of Fantasy Zone is a let down. Just a boss rush and then the final boss is just a big version of you that looks dull and is one of the easiest in the whole game.
>>
It's the same fucking boss you already fought in the other episodes.
>>
File: bartzfaris.jpg (15KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
bartzfaris.jpg
15KB, 300x297px
Ehh, hard to say it's disappointing, even if easier than expected some final bosses are still very satisfying to fight.
A lot of RPG's come to mind regarding this.
>FF6
FF6's is very easy but still a lot of fun to play through, especially because of the music, makes it feel so epic. Let's not forget the awesome build up beforehand, the conversation with Kefka.
>FF9
In FF9 as long as you have the right immunity abilities equipped, you will have no trouble at all, particularly immunity to Freeze, Stop, and Confuse. Pretty sure that's it, it's been a while.
>FF1
Chaos is pretty easy. Honestly I think that fight has more to do with luck, depends what attacks he uses on you.
>Breath of Fire 1
If you got the final dragon form it's literally just Mash A button to win, but it still seems pretty epic, being a big overpowered dragon that does max damage with every hit.
>Phantasy Star 2
Mother Brain is easier than Dark Force, but she's still a lot of fun to fight. Also, dat music.
>Phantasy Star 3
I was overpowered when I got to the final boss in this so all I did was spam attack button and I won.
>Phantasy Star 4
Three forms of fun and cool music.

It doesn't matter if a final boss is easy, what matters is the presentation and the atmosphere of it. I'm not saying I prefer easy final bosses, I just don't have any problem with it as long as it's done right.
>>
>cv4
>Good game
Pick one.
>>
>>3824586
The last levels are pretty much the reason I somewhat like Castlevania 4, because the rest of the game is kinda meh
>>
>FF7
>Cloud kills Sephiroth with one stab
>>
>>3823649
NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS NESS
>>
>>3823297
Deus Ex bosses. They mostly die from at crowbar to the back of the head or from a rocket. The final boss doesn't even need to be fought.
>>
>Secret of Evermore
>You don't even to get to kill the last boss.
>The professor sneaks up behind the villain and flips off the switch on his back to disable him.
>>
>The Incredible Hulk
>The leader just stands in front you harmlessly and lets you upper cut him.
>>
File: fruti.jpg (41KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
fruti.jpg
41KB, 512x512px
>>3824689
>your opinion
>mattering
>>
There has never been a good Bowser fight in a main Mario game.
>>
>>3824579
>dat original NES trilogy music
>>
>>3823981
B-but that was my second favourite part of the game!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
>>3823297
>>
>>3825239
What the fuck am I even looking at?
>>
>>3823981
Thisss. I loved the fight in the first game so much.
>>
>>3824929
3D land's is fun
>>
>>3825261
end boss of Grandia 2
>>
File: Gargoyles.gif (14KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Gargoyles.gif
14KB, 320x224px
Demona and the Eye. For all the tough shit the game puts you through, and get to the final level, you fight 3 dogs that you can stun lock from behind, lest they eat your shit. then all she does is float there and spawn guns that are rendered useless if you're literally anywhere except the platform. all it takes are a few downward strikes until the second form. repeat the same strategy but you just have to dodge a little now. two hits and you win.
>>
File: samael.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
samael.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
you actually don't even need the goddess bracelet. fuck this game.
>>
>>3823297
if you wanted it to be more difficult, why did you use the cheat?
>>
Almost all of the classic FPS games; Doom 1-2, Duke Nukem 3d, Quake...
>>
File: download (2).jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>
>>3824586
it's darius for babies what do you expect
>>
File: Xaerous_Brain_in_gradius_NES.png (4KB, 504x442px) Image search: [Google]
Xaerous_Brain_in_gradius_NES.png
4KB, 504x442px
lulz
>>
>>3823297
>higher difficulty
This game doesn't have selectable difficulty levels.
>>
>>3823297
agreed snes dracula too easy
>>
>>3823359
final boss in a skating game?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.