[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It isn't that difficult at all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Contra_cover.jpg (24KB, 264x376px) Image search: [Google]
Contra_cover.jpg
24KB, 264x376px
I got this game a few years ago and played it casually for a month until one day I beaten it. Shortly after I beat the game once again but this time only dying once. 3 years later and I have beaten this game a dozen times. Why did people find this game so difficult? A game like Kid Icarus is a much more difficult game.
>>
>>3823115
>A game like Kid Icarus is a much more difficult game.

You don't die in one hit in Kid Icarus, you also get unlimited continues, and the game actually gets easier as you progress.
>>
>>3823126
I can beat Contra but am still yet to beat Kid Icarus.
>>
>Took a month to beat Contra
Neck yourself, bruv.
>>
>>3823115
I beat the C64 version of this in about a month back in the day. Not sure how the difficulty compares.
>>
>>3823164
Literally everyone else I know who played it either died on the first level or died at the beginning of the second stage.
>>
>>3823115
Now go back in time and play it when you were like seven or eight.
>>
>>3823126
Kid Icarus can be more challenging due to the dungeon stages, Contra is pure action without puzzles or mazes.
But I don't know if it's harder than Contra or not, might depend on the individual person playing, both are fairly challenging for a first time player.

Also OP, you experienced the process of getting good at a game, congratulations.
>>
>>3823115
It took you a whole month? Christ m8...
>>
>grown adult seeks praise for completing a video game after a month of playing it
congrats kiddo, you did it
>>
>>3823115
I was never contentious about how learnable it is. I think the challenge is when doofy 2P friends do stupid shit like jump too fast on the waterfall level, or just bad coordination in general.
>>
>>3823115
It's hard, but not as hard as most people think. It's beatable with effort and skill.
>>
>>3823616
this kek
>>
>>3823115
>20 minute game
>takes a month for a first time player to beat
>"it isn't that difficult at all"
>>
>>3823115
>only dying once

while I know how to get past every part of Contra without dying, I don't think I ever got a perfect run of the game. I always mess up something.

but on multiple occasions, I wrapped around multiple times in once sitting, gaining several more lives every time around.

I might go so far as to say it's one of the easiest NES games.
>>
>>3823902

When I was a kid I used to play Super C just to make a no-death run. No save states, obviously. Played on an actual NES. It was pretty fun. Contra, on the other hand, I could never do a no-death run.
>>
>>3823115
It's difficult if you beat it without dying or getting shot at all.
>>
I beat this game when I was 8. Bought it brand new from Walmart and had the box and instructions. You're really late and not impressive.
>>
I don't get this mentality of having trouble with a game but when you finally beat it you all go "wow the game was pretty easyl". Contra is not unfair or extremely hard but the game is still challenging. Though it's rather short and if you start a level with the spread gun the level automatically gets way easier.
>>
Really it's all about doing it with 3 lives.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.