[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PlayStation or NES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IGottaBelieve.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IGottaBelieve.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
I've started a NES collection recently after selling my PS4. Problem is, the games are really expensive. Do you guys think I should just sell it and buy an original PlayStation instead? It has more games, and they sell for pretty cheap as well. Any input is appreciated
>>
Just use a ps2 to play ps1 games
>>
>>3822779
Buy a bullet and a gun
>>
>>3822785
I would, but I like to keep things pure when I'm retro gaming. Sounds dumb but something that just adds to my experience
>>
Throw it in the trash and get a Genesis. You're welcome.
>>
>>3822815
That's still keeping it pure. There is actual original PS1 hardware within the PS2 which allows for the backwards compatability.

Besides, Playstations are dirt cheap. Are you so poor that you HAVE to sell off your NES games in order to afford a PS1? If that's the case you're in the wrong hobby, sir.
>>
>>3822953
I have more than enough money, but I have OCD, and I have to focus on only ONE console. It's sounds stupid but I can't help it. It is also why I would have to play PS1 games on a PS1, not a PS2
>>
Bought a modded ps2 for like $60 aud
W/ 2 controllers and 2 memory cards
Now i can just rip roms to cd and play on the telly. Purist gaming is a strange concept to me. Do you get anything out of it other than consumerist satisfaction?
>>
>>3823073
PS2 is definitely the ideal way to play ps1 games. Like the anon earlier said, ps2 has og ps1 hardware in it, so it plays games in the correct resolution and everything, but you can take advantage of the extra goodies Sony put in for ps1 fans. like native component support, texture smoothing, and faster load times.

I understand wanting to do it right. I didn't have a ps1 growing up, just a ps2. A few years ago i started hunting for ps1s so i could play ps1 games the original way,. I bought three total og playstations and not one of them worked! Out of the five ps2s i own, two work perfectly, two can only play ps1 games, and one is just borked. A ps2 that can only play ps1 games would probably be the most accommodating for your OCD.
>>
>>3823224
How hard is it to accept someone wants to play games on the original console? Are you trying to convince the OP or yourself?
>>
>>3823231
I'm relating to the op, I'm OCD too. I listen to a lot of older music on vinyl, because experiencing the original release feels more authentic to me. I was compelled to play ps1 games on the original console one point, it wasn't worth it, now I appreciate the better, ideal solution. But I respect the op enough to give them the reasons why it's better and more ideal.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.