[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non Medieval Fantasy/Sci-fi WRPGs and JRPGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Secret of Evermore (SNES).jpg (56KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
Secret of Evermore (SNES).jpg
56KB, 640x443px
Hello, /vr/. Can you recommend me RPGs that don't use the typical Medieval Fantasy/Sci-Fi setting? Something like Secret of Evermore (worlds with different themes), the Mother series (cartoonish setting in the modern times) and Rent A Hero (modern times again, super hero theme) on Mega Drive?
>>
I'm gonna count Crystalis, which takes place in more of a recovered post-apocalyptic world, and the final area is an out-right space fortress in the sky.
>>
>>3822609
Try something like:
Shin Megami Tensei 1 or 2 (SNES)
Persona 1 or 2 (PS1, but the PSP port has a better translation/content)

Others games of the series are good too depending of your tastes, but not /vr/.
>>
>>3822609
World of Xeen
>>
>>3822609
Live a Live
>>
>>3822609

Super Mario RPG
>>
>>3822609
SaGa Frontier
>>
>>3822609

i know what you're talking about but it's frustrating since earthbound and secret of evermore could technically be classified as sci fi
>>
Metal Max Returns
Adventures of Hourai High
Zoids
>>
File: Lagrange Point.jpg (184KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Lagrange Point.jpg
184KB, 800x534px
OP here. Thanks a lot.

>>3822793
They have some elements but their settings aren't pure Sci-fi. Thinking now, "Futuristic" is the word I'm searching for.

Pic related has the kind of setting that I want to avoid (I love LP, though. I just want something different now).
>>
Final Fantasy Legend I and II along with SaGa Frontier have various worlds with different themes.

I really want to say Hybrid Heaven. While it does take place during modern times the entire game takes place in an underground science lab so you can guess what that is going to end up looking like eventually.
>>
Can't not post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KApucJIgyQI
>>
>>3822609
Off the top of my head- Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, Chrono Trigger (only has one "medieval" setting in it)
>>
>>3823168
III is kind of like Crono Trigger with past, present, and future. I like all 3 of them because it combines fantasy and scifi in a way that works out well. You can choose between using magic, advanced technology, or both.
>>
File: phantasy_star4_box_us.jpg (117KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
phantasy_star4_box_us.jpg
117KB, 432x600px
>>3822609
Phantasy Star.

You can thank me later.
>>
Both World of Ultima games
Savage Empire: Primitive cultures and dinosaurs
Martian Dreams: 1890s space travel
>>
Surprised no one has mentioned Robotrek
>>
>>3824705
Can't not post THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLHoMHLrEO0
>>
>>3824720
>Jade Empire, Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2
edgy SJW garbage
>>
>>3822609
Would Terranigma count? It takes place throughout human history, so there is an arc that deals with castles and kings, but it concludes in democracy and after that it's all modern times.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.