[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you guys think nintendo will make a snes classic mini eventually?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

do you guys think nintendo will make a snes classic mini eventually?
>>
No, they weren't even able to make a competent NES emulator in 2016 what makes you think they'll be capable of making a competent SNES emulator in 2017 when they've been relying on some old ass code written in the 90's as the basis of all of their virtual consoles emulation?
>>
File: 1451932891685.jpg (245KB, 600x688px) Image search: [Google]
1451932891685.jpg
245KB, 600x688px
Absolutely.

>>3821841
>implying Nintendo cares about their emulation being "competent"
All the SNES Mini will need to succeed is a Christmas season and a sticker that says "New from Nintendo".
>>
Not going to happen. They'd have to find 30 SNES games that are worth playing.
>>
>>3821860

0/10
>>
>>3821860
Australia-kun?
>>
>>3821860

I agree. They are better off begging Sega to license a proper Genesis mini with HDMI output.
>>
>>3821860
tru
>>
>>3821835
Can Jen mourners of the gym and bye and bye generalize I mean that people who like the NES because that is the only system that they will ever recognize just like how can one is only recognize the first iteration of Pokomoke see here's the thing life is a pretty shitty concert we got we got good people who do good things of their life and then bad people who are fucking stupid and I do not want them to live those people I like to call liberals but they're not always liberals so here's the thing to treat some of these guys with like a little respect and credibility exit is the thing you will never get to see him SNES classic or yeah NES SNES classic because it's not first your Nintendo honey also your Morfin so your arguments invalid done
>>
File: whoopeecushion_1[1].jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
whoopeecushion_1[1].jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>>3821972
A Genesis Mini. Yesterday.
>>
>>3821841
the nes mini being shit did not stop any normie from buying it, it was very successful

I imagine the snes mini will come out maybe during the third or fourth 6-month drought of Switch games
>>
>>3821835

How about getting a usb snes controller and emulating any game you want?
>>
>>3822072

it wouldn't feel right
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (20KB, 329x357px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
>>3822079
I do it.
>>
But OP, the NES mini has already been hacked and made able to play the entire NES library of games, or if you like, SNES, Genesis and various other cartridge based games, while still using the slick UI that comes with the system.

The guts inside those mini NES things are about on the same level as a Wii so people are still pushing its limits to see what they can get to run on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vKP0qttk0
>>
They'll make it but you won't be able to get one :D
>>
>>3822079
>muh NOSTALIGA
>muh AUTHENTICITY
>MUH EPIC CRT
>>
>>3821835
i'd be legitimately excited as long as they made enough
>>
How does the NES mini handle games that had extra chips?

If the SNES Mini somehow magically supported FX emulation it might become an invaluable piece of kit.

We're like 20 years deep into decent SNES emulation and Star Fox still doesn't play right. Just saying.

I'd definitely pay 100 bucks for a "perfect" SNES box that had native HDMI out.
>>
>>3821901
>Australia-kun?
Who are what is an "Australia-kun"? I've seen this a couple of times now.
>>
>>3824250
a guy that hates snes sequels from nes games because they are "too easy"
>>
>>3824353
Yet when asked to prove his 1337ness he gets as defensive as a "girl" being asked to go on voice chat.
>>
>>3824353
I take it that "Australia-Kun" has been annoying and is possibly from Australia?
>>
>>3824223
>Star Fox still doesn't play right
doesn't bsnes play it right
>>
>>3822056
>the nes mini being shit did not stop any normie from buying it from scalping resellers, it was very successful to the latter

FTFY
>>
>>3821860

Normalfags hate RPGs and it is difficult for most people to even name 5 non-RPGs worth owning:

>Super mario world
>Zelda
>Chrono trigg... No wait
>Super metroid
>Final fantas... No
>DKC
>is that 5 yet?
>>
>>3824250
/vr/ boogieman/meme that idiots cry about everytime they get offended.
>>
>>3822079

I'm currently playing SNES shit on a Wii using a PlayStation controller and I don't give the first fuck
>>
>>3821835
I wonder what games Nintendo would choose if they made this.

If we exclude titles that use the SFX chip or some kind of copyright (ex: Turtles in Time and Aladdin) and think about the NES mini games, you can have...
>Super Mario World
>Super Castlevania IV
>Super Metroid
>The Legend of Zelda: ALtTP
>Earthbound
>Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
>Demon's Crest
>Tetris Attack
>Mega Man X
>Mega Man 7
>Donkey Kong Country
>Gradius 3
>Super Tennis
>F-Zero
>Contra 3
>Super Punch Out!!!
>Tetris & Dr.Mario
>Super Mario Kart
>Final Fight
>Bust-A-Move
>Ms. Pacman
>Final Fantasy III or IV
>Secret of Mana
>Actraiser
>Axelay
>Street Fighter II
>Sparkster
>International Super Star Soccer Deluxe
>Super Bomberman
etc.
>>
>>3821835
Of course they fucking will, the NES Mini sold really well.

The real question is will they have learned their lessons with the controllers. The sole reason I want an SNES Mini is for brand new official Nintendo SNES controllers, but if they make the cables only 2 fucking feet long it ruins the appeal.
>>
>>3821835
Of course they will. It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money.
>>
>>3821987
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>3821835
No. They won't be budged to make a new mini. They need competition. Try Capcom.
>>
i hope not. the nes mini was a horrid piece of shit
>>
>>3821860
mate, I don't even like the SNES that much and that's not too hard
>super mario world+mario all-stars
>super metroid
>super mario kart
>pilotwings
>f-zero
>all three DKC games
>contra 3
>castlevania 4
>dracula x
>street fighter 2 turbo
>tetris attack
>megaman x
>super punch out
>axelay
>super ghouls and ghosts
>link to the past
>super smash tv
>final fight
>actraiser
>demon's crest
>kirby's dream course
>kirby's avalanche
>r-type 3
>secret of mana
>earthbound
>one of the final fantasy games, pick one (probably would be FF6 if they did make an SNES mini)
>megaman 7
>space megaforce
some of them are noticeably weaker titles than the rest, but this is about comparable to the list of games on the NES mini in breadth and quality, and the NES mini's lineup is pretty similar to what random ordinary people would have had back in the day, this is fairly similar with some minor exceptions
I kept wanting to put Star Fox on the list, but that's not likely to happen.
and I made an effort to keep the list low on RPGs
>>
>>3825436
Eh, I was never the biggest fan of Star Fox, the original.
64 is much more playable, the original is far too archaic.
>>
>>3825474
>far too archaic
You've come to the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker.
>>
Nope.

They love marketing the NES. SNES, not so much. People thought there would be an SNES Remix, but we got NES Remix too. All I'm saying is you're never going to see an official Nintendo T-shirt or Amiibo of "16 bit" Mario or Link. You'll only ever see 8-bit. 8-bit is marketable and normie, 16 bit isn't.
>>
>>3825474
I like the original game a lot and my only actual issue with the game is the hideously poor performance.
but yeah, SF64 is pretty much a straight upgrade in every single way
>>
>>3821835

i heard they HATE money in japan, not gonna happen senpai
>>
File: bF6Cp.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bF6Cp.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
>>3821860
>>
>>3821854
Hell, you don't even need the Christmas season. Any new Nintendo hardware gets cornered by scalpers for an entire year.
>>
>>3824250
meme that australians only tell jokes
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 640x443px
>>3821835
I don't care I just want Nintendo to send more then fucking three copies of the NES to Canada so somone besides scalpers can buy a copy.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.