[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite Megadrive/Genesis games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: megagenesis.png (355KB, 921x490px) Image search: [Google]
megagenesis.png
355KB, 921x490px
I know the SuperFamicom/Snes gets more love, but what are your favorite MegaDrive/Genesis games?

For me its

Gunstar Heroes
Landstalker
Warsong/Der Langrisser 1,2
Herzog Zwei
Twinkle Tale
Cyborg Justice
Bad Omen
Gaires
MUSHA
Gynoug
Atomic Robo
Devils Crash
Midnight Resistance
Monster World IV
Gunstar Heroes
Comix Zone
Castlevania Bloodlines
Contra HardCORPS
Alien Soldier
Shinintrg Force 1,2
Streets of Rage 2
Adventures of Batman and Robin
Mutant League Hockey
Arcus Odyssey
Ranger X
Phantasy Star 2,3,4
>>
File: GeneralChaos4[1].png (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GeneralChaos4[1].png
15KB, 640x480px
I have fond memories of playing General Chaos 4 player co-op and 2 vs 2 with a multitap.

If ever a game needed to be updated for modern online multiplayer, this is it.
>>
Road Rash I & II were fun as hell, getting into rivalries with computer controlled opponents then stealing their weapons and beating the shit out of them.
>>
>>3821250
Cool Spot
SNES had it too, but their version really sucked. That's not fanboyism; there really were a lot of things fucked up about that port.
>>
Haunting Starring Polterguy was an interesting concept where you played a recently deceased dude taking revenge on a family (for reasons I can't remember) by attempting to scare them out of their home. Some of the haunting set pieces were very amusing.
>>
Streets of Rage 2 is my favorite.
>>
>>3821250
Sonic 1-3 and Knuckles
Streets of Rage 1 and 2
Golden Axe 1 and 2
Mutant League Football

I really hate having to say it but to me at least the reason SNES gets more love is a pretty obvious one. I won't say much more than that because this isn't the thread for that.

With that said though there are a lot of other great Genesis games of course but those I listed are essentially the core that I've found myself going back to numerous times.
>>
>>3821250
Sonic 1/2/3&K
Earthworm Jim
Dynamite Headdy
Castlevania Bloodlines
Rocket Knight Adventures
>>
File: superfantasyzone.png (14KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
superfantasyzone.png
14KB, 320x224px
Alisia Dragoon
Battle Mania Daiginjou
Beyond Oasis
Bio Hazard Battle
DecapAttack
Elemental Master
Eliminate Down
Ghostbusters
Gleylancer
Jewel Master
Kid Chameleon
Pulseman
Quackshot
Rolling Thunder 3
Super Fantasy Zone

My all time favorite console.
>>
File: 3629420_700b.jpg (43KB, 602x400px) Image search: [Google]
3629420_700b.jpg
43KB, 602x400px
>thread about the best Genesis games
>8 replies and no one brings up Shinobi series
I am disappoint /vr.
>>
AOOOOOOH!
>>
>>3821583
The arcade version is a better game, but the Genesis music is much better, especially Another Part of Me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXw_txpn_aM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hharJeDNcHM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7mBQw_QI44
>>
Rocket Knight Adventures
Alien Soldier
Puyo Puyo 2
Thunder Force III
Gaiares
Strider
Pulseman
Sonic the Hedgehog 1
Comix Zone

>>3821557
Revenge of Shinobi is great. Not my favorite, though.
>>
File: IMG_0282.png (173KB, 252x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0282.png
173KB, 252x345px
>>3821250
>>
>>3821557
>Disappointment
>posts 9gag

What shade of black are you, pot?
>>
Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World (can't tell you how many hours I wasted trying to kill the Megadragon)
Sonic I
Starflight
Desert Strike (1st one - the rest were just clones)
Flashback
Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday
>>
>I know the SuperFamicom/Snes gets more love
Was that necessary to start the thread? Both consoles get love (and hate from the console warriors). They are the 2 best consoles ever made, from the best video game era ever.
>>
>>3821714

>tfw I missed an opportunity to buy this and Ranger X for $15 shipped
>>
Chunder Force
Sonic Dance
Dr Karl Kennedy's Right Prescription
Do That Thing!!
Gyles Brandreth
>>
>>3821613
>Revenge of Shinobi is great. Not my favorite, though
Understandable. Just surprised I didn't see it listed is all.

>>3821754
I found it on Google images fAm. Wouldn't think too hard about it.

>>3821250
Sanic series
Shinobi series
Comix Zone
Bloodlines
RKA
Strider
Streets of Rage 1&2
Golden Axe 1&2
Mega Turrican
>>
I really like Alien Storm.

It does however suffer from being hard to beat due to limited resources you have.
Which obviously the arcade version never had due to coin continues.

I usually get to the final level and just run out of energy.
>>
Shinobi III is objectively the best game ever made.
>>
>>3822383
I just recently beat that game and yes it is very hard to beat. I got to the final boss a couple times down to my last life and then died only to get game over. Even when I beat the game I was down to my final life but thankfully with full health so I was able to beat it.

Cool game but very stingy with the resources as you said. I also found out it is best to just keep going into the first door you see when you get to the mothership stage.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.