[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was a great game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: tomba-home2.jpg (64KB, 480x403px) Image search: [Google]
tomba-home2.jpg
64KB, 480x403px
This was a great game.
>>
Yes. Best Metroidvania ever made.
>>
I would really prefer if you'd discuss the sequel.
>>
>>3820891
Why's that?
>>
>>3820817
I agree. I honestly come back to this game once a year just to play through it again.
>>
>>3820978
Sometimes I sit around with nothing to do and randomly get this craving to play the game again. And then I do.
>>
>>3820913
its an inside joke. I always wear the pants.
>>
>>3821040
But yes you are correct
>>
Terrible loading times tho
>>
>>3820891
no
>>
>try to play Tomba
>get to the part where you have to find gnomes in the woods or something
>quit

I've done this at least twice and at most three times.
>>
I was enjoying this game until I got to one of the boss fights where you have to throw the pig in the bag. I found it very frustrating. Is there a trick to it or am I just terrible at videogames?
>>
never heard of it.
>>
>>3822517
So... 2 or 3 times?
>>
It really wasn't. Keep seeing it on every "underrated games" list, but the game itself is such a chore, and the 2,5D graphics are ugly as a sin

There are better platformers on the Playstation that arent recognized.
>>
>>3826329
Ok, I'll bite. Name them.
>>
>>3826329
Sounds like you don't dig in the adventure elements
>>
>>3826329
Such as?
>>
>>3826465
Diddy Kong Racing, Zelda, Mother...
>>
>>3826536
Great post!
>>
>>3826536
Thank you for the list of better platformers on the Playstation.
>>
>>3826548
You're welcome!
>>
>>3820817
Cool game overall, but given its platforming nature the camera becomes a problem. Often you take leaps of faith and it leaves you unsure of yourself. Worth a playthrough.
>>
>>3826336
gunners heaven
>>
>>3826329
Klonoa
Heart of Darkness
skullmonkeys
>>
>>3820817
Fast pants
>>
>>3826536
I would really prefer if you'd be quiet.
>>
>>3820891
Sorry, you're not dressed for the occasion.
>>
Definitely has an interesting play style to it. Most games in this kind of style are, like, 2D scroller 3D scrollers. This one has another dimension to it.

I also like the jumping jack minigame.
>>
>>3829106
There is no jumping jack minigame, shitposter.
>>
>>3829178
I believe you
>>
I am Tomba the mighty.
>>
>>3829287
He doesn't actually talk, though, so he would never say that in any situation.
>>
Can you stop?
>>
>>3829431
You can pretend
>>
...good joke
>>
>>3820817
agreed!
>>
>>3820880
ha
>>
>>3820880
Metroidvania term is tossed around a lot. Is it really
>>
This...looks fun.
>>
Is literally every post itt a reference to the game itself?
>>
>>3831575
No, most is just under aged shitstains quoting some autism runners for the epic maymays.
>>
>>3831648
I would really prefer if you'd be quiet.

But yes, you are correct.
>>
>>3831650
:^
>>
>>3830993
Yeah, no question, you definitely have to keep revisiting places to get new items as he unlocks new skills, learns to swim and dive, gets better pants and can jump higher, gets new keys to unlock treasure chests, etc. It's a Metroidvania, just a very bright, fanciful one
>>
>>3820817
Tombi 2 was great.
>>
>>3827440
Let me guess, Rascal was a pretty good game too?
>>
File: tomba_mountaingrass.png (6KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
tomba_mountaingrass.png
6KB, 64x64px
i like the cute textures in tomba 2.
>>
>>3820817
I am Tomba. I have fast pants.
>>
Indeed. My godbrother loved the demo, brought it and we played the hell out of it. A few years back, I rewatched a playthrough of it and fell in love with the game all over again. Though, I found out around the same time a lot of things were cut and the game was rushed. There were more missions and some areas even, along with some items and events.
>>
>>3827138
agreed
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.