[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to identify a song (likely a chiptune)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ft.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ft.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
Hey /vr/, I was playing some indie game and came across a certain MIDI in the game that sounded awfully familiar, but I couldn't wrap my head around it: I tried asking some friends and they couldn't identify it either. I've already tried going down the entire Mario Party 1/2 playlist and none of the songs matched up. I also checked Mole Mania and Cocoron.

The MIDI seems to be structured as if it were an NES or Gameboy chiptune, having exactly 4 channels representing 2 pulses, a bass (tri/wave), and a drum/noise channel, each channel playing one note at a time. There also seems to be some pseudo-echo in the MIDI, further suggesting it might have been a converted chiptune track.

The creator claims to have "written all the songs in the game" and, being the doubtful ass I am, was hoping you guys happened to know the actual origin of the song.

Can you guys help me identify the song?

Here's the audio: https://clyp.it/xfpku3tu
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE4sZeSsCxc

Got it, thanks to a friend. Can't believe that guy would pass this track off as their own composition, but there it is in case anyone was curious.
>>
That's from fucking Kid Dracula.
What's the game called?
>>
>>3820361
Thanks for identifying the song. I think I'll give the guy a break and tell them to pull their game silently before I resort to publicly humiliating them.
>>
>>3820361
Well shit, you already found it.
Also wanted to say Seaside Town from SMRPG sounds kind of similar sped up.
>>
Speaking of old game music used in music, anyone know if this is from any game? (the short intro to the song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wJhvG-2na8

Sounds like I've heard it before somewhere. It also sounds like it could be from Mario Paint but not sure.
>>
>>3820313
Thank you for reminding me how much I love Kid Dracula. Nice detective work. Your friend is a shit.
>>
>>3820449
Thanks and yeah about the friend. This is actually the first I'm seeing Kid Dracula.

Playing the English fan translation right now for the first time and wow holy shit, this game has simultaneous vertical/horizontal scrolling on NES. I haven't seen many NES games do that!
>>
>>3820369

Is the guy selling the game? Making a profit?

If yes, you definitely shouldn't allow him to get away with this.
>>
>>3820369
What game is it? I want to try it out before he pulls it. Maybe he even copied other songs.
>>
>>3820527
Yeah they were. I talked to them and they pulled the game already. If they try something like that again then I'll publicly humiliate them.

>>3820536
Since I'm a pussy who doesn't want to potentially damage someone's reputation permanently, I'm gonna be a faggot and keep my lips sealed unless the guy tries something like this again. I think it's pretty obvious if they were stealing assets worth any actual quality.
>>
>>3820542

You saved a plagiarist cunt from getting his due consequences and you are part of the problem.
>>
>>3820542
>someone explicitly stole something but I don't want to ruin their reputation
Really?
>>
>>3820542
The indie game is something another friend of yours made, isn't it?
>>
>>3820546
>>3820547
Don't worry about it: If they do it again, you'll hear about it. If not, the problem's already solved. I'm giving this guy another chance, but making it clear they can't hide from shit like this by threatening them with the knowledge.

>>3820549
It's a gamedev chatroom and someone was looking for feedback on a game they just finished. It has already been removed, and I let them off with a warning.
>>
>>3820542
Did you get any of the other songs? I just want to hear more VGMusic tier MIDI.
>>
>>3820538
kek he thought he could get away with something that didn't make it overseas
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.