[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Totally unnecessary bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Not sure if I should post in CRT thread.

Long story very short. Wanted to play Fire Emblem IV translation on TV. Bought one of these, connected laptop to CRT by VGA -> Box -> SVideo.

Use Snes9x emulator. Shadows flicker, things just generally look shoddy.

What might be cause? What do?

Also, the minimum the box can output is 480i. How the fuck can I output a 240i signal from my newish laptop
>>
Use Soft15khz and SCART-to-YUV adapter
Or a softmodded Wii
Or a real SNES and an Everdrive
>>
>>3819710
>what might be the cause?

Your stupidity. Obviously cheap gook electronics are going to be awful.
>>
Many of the digital to analog boxes are shit. Ive had to send q back because the image was flickering and coming in black and white. I bought the Sewell Direct SW-23000 PC to TV Converter because it doesnt fit the form factor of all the others so to me it might actually be an original product and not some cheap stolen chinese design. Still works after 2 years
>>
>>3819710
>240i
Does not exist. 240p is a 'hack' of the CRT's native 480i.

Also, I used an HDMI to S-VHS/CVBS converter similar to the one you use for a few months. They're neat if you can't find or afford a better option, but they're the bottom of the barrel regarding quality. Maybe someone far more knowledgeable and intelligent than myself could figure out a way to get 240p from the thing if it's even capable..?

Since you have a laptop, the alternative graphics card option is pretty much out. Which leaves you with the equally expensive option of VGA to an external down-scaling device routed through an Extron RGB (one with vertical adjustment controls, which they do not all have!) and finally output to your CRT.

Because I also have a new(-ish) laptop, the second method is my own. VGA to Extron VSC 500 to Extron RGB 203 Rxi to CRT. Total cost was around $200, and it takes a bit of time to find the exact settings which do the trick both on the laptop and on the Extrons. But the end result is really enjoyable to me, and therefore was worthwhile.

YMMV.
>>
Just checked, and I realized I hadn't tried to use my emulator on my computer not on the TV, and the flickering is still there so at the very least it has the same issue without the box. Is it just because my laptop screen isn't what the graphics were designed for? Fuck what do I do

>>3819732
>Many of the digital to analog boxes are shit
Seems that way, yeah. It might be good just to softmod a wii, it seems super easy. As long as it doesn't hurt my darling wii in any way
>>
>>3819782
check the refresh rate and try snes9x full screen, and don't expect to use 240i some tv's and converters can't even use it
>>
>>3819715
How do you get 240p from a wii
>>
>>3820068
By switching to it - Retroarch can do it, presumably other emulators.
>>
>>3819710
Hmm
>>
>>3819710
I have the exact same thing. It's shit. Hope you didn't pay money for yours.

>240i
lel
>>
Fuck, I just can't get these emulator settings to work. My laptop displays in 60 hz, and to my knowledge so do SNES games (though this is a nip game maybe they're different). Shit this is why I shy from emulation, too many variables.

>>3820241
I did. $15 or so. Whatever. That's dinner I can go without.
>>
>>3820068
Many virtual console games have a little button combo in it's menu that can go back and forth between 480i and 240p to my knowledge.

With a softmodded Wii, most emulators have an option or even multiple options for 240p. Stuff like Retroarch even lets you tweak the exact variation of 240p/288p/etc quite heavily.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.