[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Backlogged RPGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: G2dcboxart.jpg (14KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
G2dcboxart.jpg
14KB, 220x220px
When you come back to a game you have not played for a while and forgot most of the story.

Do you continue from where you left off, or restart the game ?
>>
Just start over usually. Would be too hard to pick up the mechanics and story context. Unless I have like 70 hours already sunk into it.
>>
>>3819087

Depends on the game. A lot of the time I can jog my memory just by pressing on. Grandia 2 is pretty straightforward and the characters pass out plot details more than they pass out pleasantries
>>
File: Evolution.png (131KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Evolution.png
131KB, 256x256px
Anyone else play this game? Maybe I'm weird, but I liked it
>>
>>3819178
I enjoyed it too. All the criticisms of it are fair but it's a fun game.
>>
>>3819178
That game was awesome, I never did anything after beating the boat.

I assumed the story was done and the last dungeon was just extra content.

The music was awesome as well.
>>
It depends on how long it's been and how far into it I am. I rarely restart, but I do keep detailed logs of what I'm doing in a game before I put it in the backlog (plot points, current quest, what I'm currently working on leveling with each character, etc.)

You should all do this, it'll save a lot of headache. My rule of thumb is that if I go an entire week without playing a game, I update my log for it.

Currently working on DQIX and a Pokémon romhack. I have Metal Max Returns, Hebereke, Earthbound, Link's Awakening DX, Tales of Phantasia, and Pokémon Conquest on hold in the backlog, with detailed information on what I'm doing in each.
>>
>>3819178
I rented that as a kid and couldn't figure out anything, I don't know if I made it out of the first dungeon.
>>
>>3819178
I fucking loved it as a kid, and I remember liking the abridged version on GC as well.
>>
>>3819178
This is a backlogged one for me. It's quite charming. Hopefully it won't be a pain trying to go back in
>>
>>3819087
Just keep playing where I left off. I don't have time to retread the same parts of the game over again, and that goes double for RPGs. If I forgot what to do I just look up a guide.
>>
I never restarted a game because of that. I play from the point I was and the memories of that game usually comes back to me. The things I do forget are same of the names of towns, items or specific monsters for some quest, but online guides help or the in-games ones.
If the gameplay is troubling me I can go back to the start area of the game and train for a bit.

Funny, is that I stopped playing Grandia 2 like half-point and almost 2 years later I still understood what was going on.
>>
>>3819087
I used to restart but after years of not finishing any RPG that wasn't Megaten I decided to man up and start from the 20/30 hour marks. You get back into the groove surprisingly quick, especially with Grandia 2
>>
I have what's called the Zeigarnik Effect, whereby I remember an unfinished game or film signficantly better than a finished one. People used to give me grieve for quite a while for being able to pick back up in the middle of a film or a game until I eventually found out about it.

As a result, I more or less have no problem with picking up with an RPG where I left off. If I did forget anything, I'll probably just use a wiki to look up the story, and continue on.
>>
>>3819087
Fuck this game, had the infamous "Milennia bug" after 2 hours.
Never tried again, never will.
>>
>>3819087

I try not to drop RPGs in the middle

Otherwise I start over.
>>
>>3819221
This man is a pro!
>>
>>3819221
I wish I would have done this as a kid. I would've finished more games and got more enjoyment out of them if I didn't try to start over in so many of them
>>
I'm struggling with this right now and don't know what to do. It's my fault 100% for starting up multiple long rpgs at once.
>DQ8 - I can do party chat or whatnot to find out exactly where I am in the story, and I'm replaying it so I know what I'm doing but its been a month or two so all my drive to just finish it up is low. I'm just sidequest grinding right before the final fight with lighningbugbigbad. I've also avoided the alchemy pot mostly this run so it would take alot of grinding that to even make the post game worth slogging thru.
>Breath of Fire 3 (and 4...) - I always give up on 3 when we have to train that pussy dockhand. 4 I can't even remember who my party is right now. I have started and restarted both innumerable times and never got past the same areas in both. I love the charm and style of the games but just peter out somewhere. I want to love the games more than they will let me
>Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song - after restarting because I was playing it like a typical jrpg, I am doing myself a disservice doing Grey's run first (because I'm a masochist I guess). my failed run was with Hawke, my second intentional fail was with Hawke again to get the mechanics down. All I remember is I just got to Gato's village. This game is too complex with all I'm doing in it to even explain where I am or what I think I gotta do. I love it though.
>Suikoden 3 - I'm trying to do the chapters together and on chapter 2 or 3 with everyone. Just unlocked the castle manager guy and his chapters, started that up to get it out of the way because I knew it would be slow. It was even slower than I thought and it killed all my interest to actually gather all my stars of destiny. I barely remember my parties names let alone the story. Its been a year or 2 since I started.
Also doing FF9 but that got sidetracked by Fallout NV. I'd rather go back to FF9 but its me and the roommate playing NV and I don't wanna tell him the game is fundementally broken as software. okay game though
>>
File: Leaderboard-Thomas.png (546KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
Leaderboard-Thomas.png
546KB, 500x800px
>>3819893
Thomas is the best and not liking his chapters is incorrect.
>>
>>3819087
Restart, obviously. I can't understand people who just pick up from where they left off years ago. This is not okay!
>>
>>3819087
I restart the game, which is why I've finished maybe two JRPGS in my life
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.