[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find discarded PCs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Pentium I 166.jpg (41KB, 333x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pentium I 166.jpg
41KB, 333x600px
Which buildings should I search the dumpsters of to find retro hardware?

What kind of businesses or institutions have e-waste recycling bins?

What phrases should I use to social engineer these normies so they give the hardware to me instead of sending it to be "recycled" (sent to Africa on container ships where niggers smash them with rocks for their copper content and then throw them into the river)?

Would prefer not to have to pay money.
>>
>>3818937
>Would prefer not to have to pay money.
don't be a jew and don't screw people out of their shit.

Go to a goodwill or other thrift stores and look around.
>>
>>3818937

what i want is a tower with all sorts of heritage inputs, disc drives and flash card ports but i want it to run something better than the shit my middle school library
>>
>>3818937
Aren't we past the point where people are throwing away retro computers? Most computers people are trying to get rid of have windows XP or vista on it.
>>
>>3818976
This. You're too late op.
>>
>>3818937

just steal them, find out the name of a schools IT guy and show up after hours and walk out with them, just say you're helping *whoever* out
>>
>>3818974
"What Intel gives, Microsoft takes away."

Software bloat expands to fill the gains in hardware speed.

Use Windows 2000 and Firefox ESR and your old P3/Athlon will be fast enough for modern use.
>>
>>3818987
literally this
just have a professional appearance and move quickly
>>
>>3818990

sounds like i have yet another project to waste money on
>>
Thrift stores but not Goodwill. Goodwill has a deal with Dell where all the computer stuff goes straight to them. Find out where Dell stockpiles them, though...

There was a job posting for a Goodwill truck driver I very nearly applied for.
>>
>>3818976
>>3818983
Exactly this. What's worse is that they recycle them. Obviously this is good for the environment but the problem is they won't let you take systems from recycling centers because of privacy concerns, even if you tell them you'll just remove the hard disk and give it to them to keep. It's garbage. So unless someone has it in storage and you find out and buy/take it off their hands, you're guaranteed to pay at least $100 for one off ebay or craigslist.

That was the only way I got my Pentium I and Pentium II rigs, the Pentium II board I took from an old machine we were surplusing in my IT department (I couldn't take the case because it was way too large, I would've been busted, and it was an HP curved shit anyways so I didn't want it) and the Pentium I rig I got from my aunt who lives in bumfuck nowheresville so she had kept it in her garage due to not having anywhere to take it to.

You've came in during the time where this stuff is now valued as vintage, which means you will be paying out the ass for even just a case because people want this stuff now.
>>
>>3818937
>set up fake recycling business
>resell shit on ebay
>profit
>keep a few for yourself

Honestly you don't even have to be a dick like that. I used to run an IT service company and I'd just let people know that we'd take old PCs off their hands and ship them to some 3rd world country for poor kids to use. Many were happy to have me take the shit off their hands. I shipped the working shit to flipland in balikbayan boxes. Paid about $50/CMB which is about 24 PCs packed reasonably well. I kept the broken/non standard (aka cool) shit for myself. So for $50 a box and a bit of time and effort I got a lot of shit and did a good thing.
>>
>>3818992
KYS degenerate cuck
>>
>>3818937
Post in want ads on craigslist and next door. Probably some stuffed in closets people forgot about
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.