[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Snatcher and Policenauts on PSP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: hkojima.gif (8KB, 518x238px) Image search: [Google]
hkojima.gif
8KB, 518x238px
What I have: a PSP 3000 with 6.61 oficial firmware
What I want: To play Snatcher and Policenauts on it.
What I don´t have: A fucking clue about custom firmware/pirating PSP
Any help, /vr/?
Also, Snatcher & Policenauts general
>>
File: to2.jpg (83KB, 430x612px) Image search: [Google]
to2.jpg
83KB, 430x612px
>>3818624
>What I have: a PSP 3000 with 6.61 official firmware

I think you have to downgrade to 6.60 to beable to put the HEN cfw

>What I want: To play Snatcher and Policenauts on it.

There's a really good Sega CD emulator called PicoDrive that runs Snatcher perfectly on the PSP. As for Policenauts just get the eboot off of emu-paradise

>What I don´t have: A fucking clue about custom firmware/pirating PSP

There are literally hundreds of vids on youtube detailing how to do it. Start with that downgrade thing then work from there IE: 6.60 ofw to 6.60 cfw
>>
>>3818659
Seconding this, hacking should be extremely simple and there's a lot of resources out there any kind of situation.

As for Snatcher, use PicoDrive and make sure you have the Sega CD bios. I vaguely remember there being a few extra steps for the audio files in Snatcher, just look it up. It's easy to follow shit.
>>
>>3818624
here ya go anon, it isn't hard at all there is custom firmware installers that don't need any tricks besides moving the files to the psp
http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSP/DEVICE_PSP.html

if you need anymore help ask at >>>/vg/169235007
>>
>>3818659
>I think you have to downgrade to 6.60 to beable to put the HEN cfw
so there´s no way to install cfw from 6.61?
I tought PSP scene may got that covered.
>There's a really good Sega CD emulator called PicoDrive
Is Sega CD then the best version of the game? (or at least the best version to emulate on PSP?) I heard they are like 4 different versions, some censored, some technically better than others
>There are literally hundreds of vids on youtube detailing how to do it.
Is there any particular channel you should recommend?
thanks a lot for the help anon
>>
>>3818681
woah thanks a lot, both resources are very helpful (I know pirating PSP is something a retarded kid can do, but I literally never did something similar and I´m lost)
>>
>>3818690
>Sega CD then the best version of the game?

Fuck no, but it's the only one in English and the only one that runs on the PSP perfectly (to my knowledge at least, I never tried finding a PC-engine CD emulator) and also it has the mysterious Act 3 in it which wasn't present in the original release. What is it with Kojima and third acts?
>>
>>3818712
well, if it has moar content then I stay with it. What about the censorship?
>>
File: gill.jpg (2MB, 1833x1833px) Image search: [Google]
gill.jpg
2MB, 1833x1833px
>>3818717
>What about the censorship?

Loads. All tiddies are removed and Katrina's butt was censored. They did keep the extreme violence tho.
>>
>>3818712
Much to 4chan's dismay, they altered some weird voyeuristic pedophile shit to it was less voyeuristic and pedophilic
>>
File: 228323442.jpg (98KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
228323442.jpg
98KB, 600x448px
>>3818712
>What is it with Kojima and third acts?
It was supposed more than just three acts. Act 3 on the CD-ROM versions is just a really condensed version of everything that was planned for scrapped Snatcher 2. Pic related.

>>3818728
It's just a topless Snatcher boobie that was censored when you kill the green-haired chick at the end of Act 1.
>>
File: liq.png (2MB, 800x810px) Image search: [Google]
liq.png
2MB, 800x810px
>>3818745
>st a really condensed version of everything that was planned for scrapped Snatcher 2

Yeah, but didn't the original MSX/PC88 version of the game just end after the big reveal in act 2? Didn't Isabella Velvet show some tiddie?
>>
>>3818762
>Yeah, but didn't the original MSX/PC88 version of the game just end after the big reveal in act 2?
It ends just after Gillian kills the Benson Snatcher.

>Didn't Isabella Velvet show some tiddie?
Nope. But there was a Civil Rights Kamen Rider and a Hispanic C3PO from what I remember.
>>
>>3818984
>civil rights kamen rider
>Hispanic C3PO

What? Please explain.
>>
>>3818690
Hello OP, i started playing snatcher on my psp a few weeks ago.
You can install custom firmware from 6.61.
I recommend PRO-B.
Get picodrive, get sega cd bios, download snatcher from emuparadise, and bingo.
Relatively big rom, from what iremember (about 700mb), installing the bios and game soundtrack is a little bit fiddly compared to installing say, NES, or PS1 games, but it's far from rocket science. There is actually a youtube vid of someone explaining how to do exactly what ur trying to do.

Good luck!
(And i hope you play the game longer than i did, im a big mgs fan but so far havnt played snatcher for longer than 10minutes.)
>>
I remember I tried to play Snatcher on my PSP and asked for guidance here about the best version to play.

In the end I decided to try the Sega CD game but had too many problems emulating it, most of them sound and music related and eventually I gave up.

I could play it on my PC but somehow when I emulate shit on my PC I don't feel as determined to play to the end as if I was playing on a console.

I still don't know which is the best version to play and emulate on PSP
>>
>>3819127
thanks a lot for the info anon!
yes, I´m just another mgs fan wo wanna mess with old Kojima games.
Also, I never played graphic adventure/visual novel games, so I hope the novelty factor and curosity to get over the (posible) age shock.
Currently digging in PRO CFW 6.61, let´s see how it goes.
>>
also, some retarded question.
Can I still conect to PSN (via PS3) to use AdHoc Party AND manage and download my digital PSP games?
yes, I know this may look reiterative because my PSP is gonna be able to download stuff for free, but I already bought most think I really like, and don't know wich specific oficial features you lost after installing cfw
>>
File: 404.gif (5KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
404.gif
5KB, 400x333px
>>3820871
most things*
sorry
>>
>>3820871
Yeah, PSP store is dead but you can still access it from a PS3.

Pretty much every PSP game available on the store has been fetched and compiled in a loooong list, you can download from your computer directly from Sony servers and then use a software to decrypt it and play it on a PSP.

They are available in the PSPiso forum
>>
>>3818624

God Policenauts sucks! It's like a really bad Visual Novel. And I don't know, seriously, VN are like the easiest thing in the world to design. So when you design a bad one, that is remarkable.

Like the entire story of Policenaughts is not only a pixel hunt, but you basically have to try everything, and then try everything multiple times. So if you don't know this, like if you want to know about some photograph, you ask about the photograph, and she tells you something, and then you have to ask the same topic again. So that photograph entry can occur 3 or 4 times. And then you have to start from the beginning and try them all again because the third time might have opened something new up. And you have to exhaust every single option. ALL OF THEM. Before the game will let you move on. That is HORRIBLE.

It's not like an oldschool adventure game. Because in an adventure game you don't have to look at and inspect everything on the screen multiple times. You're just sitting there, desperately wanting to move on with the plot, and then you're stuck trying to inspect every little thing over and over again, and asking people the same questions over and over again. Ah it's bad. And when it finally gets exciting, it gets exciting for 20 seconds then you're right back at it.

Is the plot interesting? Not really. You know what the story is? It is 5% Blade Runner, 95% Lethal Weapon. It's straight up Riggs and Murtaugh. It's not even subtle. He rips off whole scenes. It's amazing.
>>
>>3820892
While I think Policenauts would work if it was just as short as Snatcher (Snatcher is 7 hours long, Policenauts is 12), I think one of the things that completely failed were the mouse/guncon controls (I don't know if you can really use the guncon, but I'm sure you can use the mouse) on those shooting sections. It was 10x easier to press the shoulder buttons to switch targets.
>>
You see? This is why I love /vr/, you're all a bunch of cool bros. I love you all, man.
>>
>>3818624
I just started playing on Sega CD. Finished the first investigation finally, was stuck because some items you have to look at to collect, and some items you have to have to investigate.

I like how your boss notes if you got injured. I tried to be smart and reset and died a few times till I them all without getting hit and he told me I needed to practice at the shooting range to keep from getting game overs.
>>
>>3820878
I mean after pirating the console
in other way, what official features can you lost after installing cfw?
>>
File: 148675465497.gif (76KB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
148675465497.gif
76KB, 350x272px
>>3820948
>>
>>3819107
The part with the Outer Heaven clientele. In the later versions of the game (Sega CD and 32-bit consoles) there's a cameo from a bunch of Konami characters like Goemon and those kids from Twin Bee. On the earlier versions (8-bit PCs and PC Engine), they were pastiche of toku/sci-fi characters.

When you observe the Kamen Rider-looking dude, Gillian and Metal will talk about a fictional Not-Kamen Rider spinoff with a civil rights theme (a reference to the fact that the current Rider series at the time was Kamen Rider BLACK).
>>
>>3820906
Uh, no one forces you to use the shoulder buttons to switch targets. It's pretty hectic even with a mouse but actually really hard when using a stick for aiming. Using L+R -buttons for aiming is an optional easy mode.
>>
>>3820871
>>3821051
for most cfw's you can hold select as it boots and you will be in offical firmware
>>
>>3820892
The biggest problem with Policenauts is that Jonathan is a cunt and too much of the game is about sexually harassing women
It's just offputting
Redwood feels like an incomplete character too
>>
>>3818659

>I think you have to downgrade to 6.60 to beable to put the HEN cfw
Starting out of the gate with disinfo is a bad sign.
>>
File: 1486875274736.png (116KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1486875274736.png
116KB, 480x336px
>>3823361
>too much of the game is about sexually harassing women
this is trump's america now, that's not an issue but a feature
>>
>>3818624
Snatcher is a rare game correct?
>>
>>3823361
>t. triggered
>>
>>3823361

Are you the author that wrote the 12.000 word long thesis about transphobia, sexual harassment and denigrating portrayal of women and ethnic minorities in Policenauts to the site called "et tu, Gamer"? I mean this one: ettugamer com/2014/04/05/policenauts/

You don't seem as angry though so I guess I could be wrong.

I'll admit the article made me thinking that Japs have a serious issue when dealing with women (shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who has played any VN's) but c'mon, who's got time to write such a hamfisted article about some Japanese video games?
>>
File: what.happened.jpg (19KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
what.happened.jpg
19KB, 480x480px
I downloaded the ISO and the bios on my PSP, but for some reason it´s imposible to launch the game by selecting the rom on Picodrive. Instead, I have to launch the bios and navigate the mega cd interface (first "open disc tray", then select the rom, then "load cd-rom")
I am playing it fine (even the music is working fine) but I would like to know what the fuck am I doing wrong. Most videos of people using picodrive enter the game by just selecting the rom. Is this because it´s Mega CD or what?
>>
>>3824116
>who's got time to write such a hamfisted article about some Japanese video games?
Cucks don't tend to get laid so they vent their sexual frustration in other, more creative ways.
>>
>>3825829
let´s be nice to each other on this thread, pal
>>
>>3824116
>shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who has played any VN's
Bitch I've seen better females in the Rance games than in your alleged twibble-gay multi-million dollar budget games.

Women are background characters in big-budget western games far more often than not. Same with movies.
>>
>>3826646
fuck you now i want to replay rance quest
>>
what version of Policenauts do you recommend to emulate on PSP?
I am watching videos and PC-98 version look far more appealing than console versions
>>
>>3818712
There's also the PS port.
>>
>>3825826
>Is this because it´s Mega CD or what?>>
probably
>>
>>3828230
well, then I shouldn't bother. Anyways, I would like to know if anybody else has the same issue
>>
>>3825829
The author is a woman. It was published that post-FemFreq/pre-GamerGate period where everyone was trying to point out sexism in old vidya. The author just reeks of "notice me, Anita-senpai".
>>
>>3818745
Isn't Snatcher very rare?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.