[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a large video game collection to sell. How?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0315.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0315.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I have a large video game collection to sell. How?
>>
>>3818010
cringe.
>>
Hmmm. Ill give you about $3.50 for it all.
>>
>>3818010
Why did you buy all these games
>>
Real question here. I tried local shops and they all said they couldn't give me a fair offer due to lack of funds. It's about 700 games strong, and I sorta need the money.
>>
>>3818021
Who cares?
>>
I'll give you 5 dollars and not a shekel more.
>>
>Having Pop figures.
Why?
>>
>>3818037
Who cares?
>>
>>3818024
>It's about 700 games strong, and I sorta need the money
Sell as a lot on CL. Ballpark how much everything is worth and take a third or so off that amount and that's how much you ask. Your welcome.
>>
>>3818042
Solid advice. Will try, but being in Alabama, I doubt I'd have much luck.

Should I use eBay? Does eBay suck?
>>
>>3818010
Where's the black hand?
>>
>>3818049
Selling everything separately on eBay will net you the most dollarydoos but then you have to deal with fees, shipping, auctions, etc and sounds like you need the money sooner than later. Don't worry about where you live. Scum resellers will smell blood in the water and drive hundreds of miles to get your stuff.
>>
>>3818049
eBay takes about 1/3 of your money on video games by the time it's all said and done. For a realistic value of your stuff, use it though. Look at completed auctions and take the lower end then add it all up and cut that in half. That's what you should be expecting to get but you should list it higher than that on Craigslist. How high depends on how much interest you want to generate, and how far down you break your prices depends on how many different people you want to comb through your shit.

Also beware of resellers they'll try lots of tricks to get you to let go of it all, cheap
>>
>>3818078
>1/3rd
Its like 15% maximum dude.

If you want it to move, lot everything up and do a 7 day auction. You're pretty much assured to have everything gone in 2 weeks.

I would strongly advise trying to sell locally first. Make sure you lot things up in a way where you put less valued games with high value games so you actually move product and don't get stuck with the garbage no one wants.

Selling locally is going to be hard because it's a lot of stuff and most people don't have the money to buy a massive lot. The guys who do will lowball and undercut like crazy because they're looking to move it individually for profit.

Selling games sucks.
>>
File: 1477250947534.jpg (367KB, 898x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1477250947534.jpg
367KB, 898x1300px
>>3818049
Sell them on eBay for double the real worth, you will get rich in weeks, i made 500 bucks selling a GameCube with some games, Hyrule Historia, some Pokemon games and a Wii with some games.
>>
>>3818010

>library is 90% weeb games
>>
>>3818120
Who cares?
>>
>>3818092
I do see people doing that sometimes and I always wonder if it works, lol.
>>
LAUGH MY FUCKING ASS OFF
L
M
A
O
oh boy VR all i ever see on this board is people saying stuff like, "this is a good investment i can make money in the future"
Lolololol
Moment you need money you're this guy with 700 games no one wants, and on top of that he has to cut the price to move it hahahahhaahaha
BTFO
Enjoy your little plastic shelf ornament
Emulation is for the true gamers of the generation.
>>
>>3818146
You got ADHD or something?
>>
>>3818027
>>3818041
>>3818136

You seem to do so, OP. Why else making this thread and >>3818024? Oh I know, it's a reddit thing again, isn't it?
>>
>CL Etiquette
Figure out a price and be firm on it. A lot of tire kickers and people that will pay the asking price but check to see if you will lower it first.

Ask for cash only or if the buyer wants to use PayPal let them know up front that they will have to cover the cost of fees(they have a fee calculator online) on top of the original price.

Don't be afraid to tell someone to fuck off. I've had a couple people agree to a price over the phone then try to lower it in person. Never once did those people not buy what I was selling for the original price after I wouldn't budge.
>>
>>3818087
>like 15% maximum
They charge you fees on the front and on the back plus Paypal fees. I guarantee you when it's all said and done you get gouged for way more than 15% on a sale as large as OPs.
>>
>>3818010
I'm currently doing the same thing.
Do you have any video game/sci fi/comic book conventions in your area? That is a good way to start offloading your stuff. You sell your higher end stuff to people who want it and then local shops will ask for stuff you don't sell at a bulk price for their inventories.
If you got 700 games, starting simple like this will widen your network and get those games sold.
>>
>>3818136

Anyone looking to buy games
>>
>>3818190
Don't care about the pops, they aren't mine.

No on cares why I bought them.

And it's a lot of rpgs because I like them. Which no one cares about.

Never used Reddit before. I barely use 4chan. Or the internet in general.
>>
>>3818208
Not necessarily. I doubt they'd notice that and care. It's really not 90%, though. There's definitely a lot of rpgs but definitely not that many. They sell for higher so I scooped when I saw a few years back. Used to work a retro store years ago.
>>
>>3818197
I hadn't thought of that at all. Very much appreciated.
>>
>>3818193

Who the fuck uses PayPal when selling?? Everybody with half a brain doesn't offer it and saves 10%

>>3818049
Ebay is a plausible way to get your money, but you either

>auction it off to raise interest of the buyer
This is the fastest method, but you risk getting a lower price, or
>offer it to buy at lower cost than other competitors
This takes longer but guarentees if somebody wants to buy it of the shelf they will pick you.

If this is too hard for you maybe CL and Facebook trading groups is the better choice
>>
I've sold a lot of games using Ebay, Craigslist, and Flea markets. Ebay was Ok, but they eat up a lot of profits with charges and shipping. CL is good but sometimes it takes a long time to get buyers. Flea Market, Spent about 6 hours of my time plus 35 for the table. Maybe sold about 100$ in games. Eh what's the point, I could make more working an just my games. Anyways, wish you luck. I wouldn't mind buying some of your games but I'm in Texas.
>>
>>3818146
>calling yourself a 'true gamer'
>emulating
>shitting on collectors trying to sell stuff
>Lolololol
underage skid confirmed I guess.
>>
>>3818010
Go on retro consoles buy sell trade on fb
>>
Yo real talk if you made a list of games would you be willing to sell to /vr/ peeps? Seems like it's been a while since a good ol b/s/t.
>>
>>3819963
Have you used ebay?
>>
>>3818010
Pick out anything worth more than $1 and put the lot on ebay. That's where 90% of your money will come from. Sell the rest to local thrift shops or games shops if they'll have it.

>Who cares?
No one. No one cares about 90% of that shit. That's why you're going to have a hard time unloading it.
>>
Just take it to a pawn shop.
>>
>>3818024
Make a masterpost on Craigslist and Facebook trading groups. Some of the really niche stuff might have to go on eBay.

I wish /vr/ had buying/trading options, I'd buy some of the stuff you're selling, and the one time I got in contact with a guy on /vr/ who sold me a copy of DQV on DS which was available easily in the US but not Canada, he was really nice.
>>
create a group we can all join and get /vr/ to buy it. Honestly Id probably be interested in a few ps1 games.
>>
>>3818120
Weebs pay good money for some of the rarer rpgs, I see he has lunar, he can get a chump to pay at least a hundo for it.
>>
>>3825045
i'm down for this. lets get the ball rollin OP
>>
Can I buy from you? Assuming you sell at a non-ridiculous price

Do you have a catalog of everything you have?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.