[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Update on byuu's 100 missing SNES games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 25

File: 1487041958686.png (100KB, 1878x594px) Image search: [Google]
1487041958686.png
100KB, 1878x594px
The package was located in a mail recovery center in Georgia, and it's been delivered. Byuu plans to offer full refunds to anyone who donated to him. https://byuu.org/emulation/preservation/found-package/

Do you think it's a scam, /vr/?
>>
I love Byuu but he is a bit of a paranoid sperg
>>
>>3817869
This just in: A sperg sperged out
News at 11
>>
>>3817869
I still don't get the point of an "archive" if it's all going to stay holed up on his hard drive.
>>
>>3817869
In other words, I fucking called it. Something tells me I'm not the only one who thought that.
>>
All that noise, news posts and forums and for this? What a fucking clown.
>>
>>3817869
>I can't begin to stress how utterly disappointed I am in that after over a dozen years of developing software and giving it away for free, I don't have enough popularity to locate a single USPS employee who would even talk to me
What did he fucking expect? VIP treatment for his unrivaled autism? What a self-righteous faggot
>>
>>3817947
Don't you know? The SNES library contains Sumerian magic rituals which have to be preserved and passed down through the millennia by autist shamans, lest the Earth succumb to invasion by transdimensional console war vampires. Byuu is probably the most important gay pedo weeb in modern history. It's a tragedy that we haven't built a ziggurat in his name.
>>
byuu's too autistic and paranoid to rip anyone off. So no, it's not a scam.
>>
>>3817969
His attitude is like "can I speak to the manager" at this point.
>>
>>3817869
I believe it was a scam. I work in shipping. All he needed to do was have a the post office run a trace of the tracking number. This takes like a week max.

There's absolutely nothing that happened in that whole course of events that indicated a stolen package, and he's a fucking retard for doing so.
>>
Do not tell me to wait longer. I don't want to fucking hear it.
>>
But he canceled the preservation project. When's he sending them back?
>>
>>3817916
This.

All his archive is, is data hoarding.
>>
>>3817869
literally who
>>
>>3818138
Of course it was a scam. The problem is that autists with zero social skills don't have the ability to think this shit through before they try it. He literally didn't have the life experience necessary to play this out to its inevitable conclusion in his head. He thought a couple of posts on his personal website and Reddit with his bullshit story was going to be enough for everyone to go "oh, that's too bad, better donate to his Patreon and forget the whole thing ever happened." What he wasn't expecting was people to go above and beyond to try to offer him advice, help, and "signalboost" the scam.

Now he's on Reddit with the "miraculously recovered" package that was only days from being sent off to a government auction, never to be seen again. DAYS, people! It was really close, but we did it, Reddit!

And, of course, all this comes with his cute little apophasis that people were still going to claim that he "got nervous, and 'found' the missing package." Well of course they're going to claim that, as it's exactly what happened.
>>
>>3818317
>>3818138
I never had the slightest doubt this would work out exactly the way it did. On small value packages sometimes it's easier for the post office to just declare it "lost" and pay the insurance but on a $1,000 item you can be damn sure they'll find it. I don't think Byuu was really trying to scam anyone he was just genuinely freaking out. God help him if he ever finds a lump.
>>
File: it's like boo streets of rage.png (138KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
it's like boo streets of rage.png
138KB, 500x275px
>>3818196
It's like boo
>>
>>3818347
Don't do baseballs, kids
>>
>>3817916

Wait, I thought the point of this project was creating a no-intro style perfect set for the fairly neglected PAL region? Is he not even uploading the fucking roms afterwards? If so, why should anyone shit about any of this?
>>
>>3817947
Are there any pictures of what this guy looks like? As a borderline normie, I'd like to see what Chernobyl grade autism looks like.
>>
>>3818409
He has a husband, so he can't be too ugly... right?
>>
File: costanza bat sor.jpg (82KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
costanza bat sor.jpg
82KB, 600x450px
>>3818364
>>
>>3818396
Nope, the only thing he's uploading is file hashes so that you can be doubly sure the bad rom you have is bad.
>>
>>3818338
What I'm saying is that I'm fairly convinced that this package never went missing in the first place.
>>
>>3818449

Well that's a giant waste of time.
>>
>>3818608
That seems like a pretty shady thing to do. I don't really know what Byuu is like personally but I don't want to think someone as significant to the SNES scene would risk his reputation like that - and he's giving refunds to contributors too right?
>>
File: lel cat.jpg (253KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
lel cat.jpg
253KB, 1080x1283px
>>3818449
>>
>>3818449
What the fuck ?
>>
I knew it would arrive, like it hadn't even been a month and he got the slowest option the guy is a straight up spazz retard
>>
>>3818449

Who the fuck wants to download PAL ROMs in the first place? Even the europoors download NTSC shit nowadays.
>>
>>3817869
He is such a fucking autist...

Here's an idea - send the eurocuck your equipment and let him dump the carts! "Oh I've got to do everything myself, everything has to be perfect". Yeah, you're autistic.
>>
>>3818696
autistic hoarders
>>
File: OVA_Robotnik.png (116KB, 430x324px) Image search: [Google]
OVA_Robotnik.png
116KB, 430x324px
>>3818421
>that image
glorious
>>
>>3818832
I just realized that Axl used to have a tank top instead of a T-shirt and blue/gold gauntlets instead of red.
>>
File: sor.png (747KB, 964x7300px) Image search: [Google]
sor.png
747KB, 964x7300px
>>3818696
Eh some pal games do play at a higher res. Though most with borders, be nice to see some 60hz patches for those games.
>>
>>3817869
>>3817886
>"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PACKAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
>"THOSE FUCKING BUREAUCRATIC AMERICAN ASSHOLES JUST STOLE MY $10,000 SHIPMENT OF GAMES, THOSE FUCKING THIEVES"
>"I'M GOING TO SUE THEM AND ALL THE OTHER USELESS FUCKHEADS AT THAT ARCHAIC PIECE OF SHIT GOVERNMENT CORPORATION FOR ALL THEY HAVE FOR THIS SLIGHT AGAINST ME AND I WON'T STOP UNTIL I GE-"
>"Oh here's my package nevermind, forget anything I said prior okay thanks bye!"
>>
>>3818396
>I thought the point of this project was creating a no-intro style perfect set for the fairly neglected PAL region?
That already exists if you really want the PAL version of games

> Is he not even uploading the fucking roms afterwards?
See this is the part that people keep forgetting after all of this. Even those shitty game "journalists" didn't even know he wasn't going to release the rips he was going to make from these. This big ass baby cried and hollered and whined about not being able to finish his "preservation" project when in reality he's going to be keeping the output for himself. The only thing actually being preserved here is his autistic lifestyle from having to actually face reality
>>
>>3818774
>send the eurocuck your equipment and let him dump the carts
If he does that then he can't hoard the ROM set all for himself. You realize that he has not once ever intended for his preservation project to be available to the public right? Because if he did, then he'd have already uploaded the ones he's finished before this whole bitchfest of his began.
>>
>>3819079
if i can save just one autist from reality, i will feel like i've done a good deed.
>>
File: iori-laughing-his-ass-off.gif (11KB, 37x47px) Image search: [Google]
iori-laughing-his-ass-off.gif
11KB, 37x47px
>>3817869
the idea that he couldn't go over there and do it and save the trouble and danger of shipping all of these SNES games is dumb as fuck if he's going to attempt such a project -- yes, he has a life and job of some description, but it just doesn't make any sense to ship all these games internationally
unless he feels like he's going to be arrested for being a fucking shotacon (really, look at his twitter, lol) when in Europe

>>3818138
I really don't think it was a scam. It just doesn't add up as one, I'm pretty sure it's just him absolutely freaking out because some guy's expensive shit (and whatever reputation he has) is on the line and he doesn't know where the package is.

>>3817947
byuu is made of pure autism, it's why we even have bsnes/higan
you really can't do things like a normal person when you're on byuu's level, and that certainly includes reacting to a high-risk situation

>>3817869
this was the most likely outcome, usps is inconsistent as fuck if you aren't using one of their (expensive) fast services, and even then they might fuck up

>>3818396
of course not
mind you, with the confirmed good hashes, someone else could do it if they cared, goodtools sets operate on the same principle where cowering only provides hashes, and the dumps are sourced from elsewhere and matched against them
>>
>>3818129
What's funny is that he already got to speak to the manager and several other higherups about his missing package. He's just seriously anal about all of them telling him that they can't do anything outside of protocol for it.
>>
>>3818696

As a Europoor myself some Rareware games and a couple other oddities legitimately play better in PAL. That's SUPER rare though, there's little reason not to get NTSC otherwise.
>>
>>3819086
The reason why the package was lost in the first place is because the donor wrapped the box in paper when he's shipping it long distances, and it ended up getting torn up during transport. If it's long distance you either use heavy duty tape on all the weak points or you use a sturdier box to ensure safety, it's like putting on a thicker coat for colder weather.
>>
>>3817934
in his defense, had he not caused a huge ruckus, it's likely he never would've gotten it back. the box was literally on its way to being auctioned off.

>>3817932
many people thought byuu was being an autistic prick and overreacting, but were afraid to call him out on it outside of /vr/ for the most part.

>>3818138
he did file a missing mail report, he even posted multiple screenshots of the request and the email followups.

>>3818179
it's building a database of verified checksums for others to compare against their own dumps, and to aid in additional refinement of higan's SNES core, nothing more, nothing less.

you are not entitled to free ROMs.

>>3818409
byuu hides his real identity pretty well, I'd be intensely amused if someone managed to expose him

>>3818608
based on what evidence? you people repeatedly claiming byuu faked this when there's a mountain of evidence to the contrary must be flat earthers or trump supporters or something.

>>3819086
it really is impractical to travel overseas for 2-3 months to scan pcbs, boxes and manuals, as well as dump games. You think shit like that is easy, but it's not, and it takes time when you spread it over hundreds of games. the guy has a actual job, after all, can't just say "hey boss, taking off to Germany for about 3 months to scan and dump video games, see ya later"

I suspect he didn't send his dumper over because he didn't want to risk it being lost (it's custom built to suit his autism) and he'd further need to set up the PAL donor with a box and hand-hold remotely to ensure the dumps meet his exacting standards.

You starting to see why relying on the donor to handle the dumping is a non-starter?

>>3819098
>>3819098
>>3819098
>>3819098
>>3819098
this. this this this

All of this could've been avoided had they not wrapped the box in a fucking paper bag. Fucking retards.
>>
>>3817869
Crisis Averted.
>>
I knew it all along... Who in their right mind would want to steal 50hz garbage???
>>
>>3819138
It's a Jersey thing.
>>
>>3817869
>i'm developing software!
>I'm not pupulur and haf no powrs!

Somebody had to tell him about the real world sooner.
>>
>>3818623
He didn't risk his reputation he reinforced it. The cunt is a god tier sperglord.
>>
>>3819187
>Somebody had to tell him about the real world sooner.
>Recommend me this kind of software, i need to waste my time with it

Shallow the red pill.
>>
>>3817916
I don't know anything about this project, but it's common practice for projects like this to """not publicly release the files""".

That just means that the files are shared on private trackers and eventually spread from there. Plausible deniability. The official sites release hashes so you can verify that whatever torrent you eventually download is legit.
>>
File: RFfN0erl.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
RFfN0erl.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
happy end
>>
>>3819350
>"""
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>3819326
Yes, like I said he just sperged out. I don't think he was actively trying to scam anyone.
>>
I'm genuinely quite relieved, this preservation work is important
>>
Is he just doing PAL shit or NTSC-U/J too?

I'm sure he will be sharing the dumps with at least some of the doners right? I bet it gets "leaked".
>>
>>3817869
Who's Byuu? Can I get a quick rundown?
>>
>>3819594
It's not preservation though.
It's just gonna sit on byuu's hdd and rot when he dies.
>>
>>3817886
USPS has lost my packages before, and once even delivered by package with the contents completely stolen (It was a package from a family member, so it's not like I bought something and the seller scammed me)
>>
>>3819397
hurr durr
>>
>>3819350
Byuu isn't sharing the rips at all, he's keeping it all to himself entirely and the only thing he will actually release are file hashes ie nothing fucking useful.
>>
>>3819646
Autist muh accuracy fag who created Higan/bsnes. It's actually gud. Buggy games like Der Langrisser and Civ 1 runs perfectly on it. Well Civ 1 still lags.... as the devs intended!
>>
>there are people on /vr/ who don't know who byuu is
Can you just stay in in /v/?
>>
>>3820035
Fucking murder yourself.
>>
>>3819130
>you are not entitled to free ROMs.

But that's not the point.
It's not preservation when all the roms are hoarded together on one person's hard drive, only to rot when said person dies.

Museums preserve things, meaning artifacts are restored, put on display for the public to learn from, and what isn't on display can be requested for research.

If you were to ask Byuu for the roms so you could study and reverse engineer them you would promptly be told "NO" and that he "wouldn't be allowed to."
>>
>>3819130
Given how much money he got for them, they don't seem entirely "free" to me anymore.
>>
>>3820408

Don't forget that guy that blew all of his welfare to collect and ship them!
>>
>>3819350
This.
Or at the very least, he'll release the byte differences. Either way, the public will be able to get a PERFECT pal set because of this project.
>>
>>3819098
according to this post, it's Deutsche Post's fault for that (or maybe the sender is covering his ass and was just retarded enough to wrap boxes being shipped in paper)

>>3819350
this is a possibility
there are an absolute fuckton of MAME games that no one should actually have the files for since dumping them is a major ordeal, but they're out there and widely played

I still doubt we'll see anything out of this beyond the hashes, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

>>3819187
considering no one knows who byuu actually is (like how no one knew who moot was), it's fucking hilarious how he expected to have "popularity"
that only exists if you attach your actual name and face to things (like how people actually know who moot is now)
>>
File: byuu.png (29KB, 950x274px) Image search: [Google]
byuu.png
29KB, 950x274px
>>3820705
whoops, I'm retarded and didn't upload the pic
>>
>>3820705
Deutsche Post? byuu's German?
>>
>>3818418
>He's a faggot
Color me surprised
>>
File: 1487621772951.jpg (49KB, 536x547px) Image search: [Google]
1487621772951.jpg
49KB, 536x547px
>>3819646
Some faggot known for being a giant attention whore and generally disliked by anyone else who's into emulator development
>>
>>3820035

I wish I didn't desu
>>
>>3821670
the sender of the PAL-cartridges is.
>>
If you're going to create a complete 'perfect' ROMset based on the goodwill and donations of others you sure as fuck should make the ROMset available to everyone.

If you're going to keep them to yourself then source and purchase your own fucking carts to dump the ROMs from. Cunt.
>>
>When the box of PAL games went missing.
"And nothing of value was lost!"
>When the box was found again.
"And nothing of value was gained!"

Seriously, a PAL rom dump project? What a waste of life.
>>
>>3821763
>Seriously, a PAL rom dump project? What a waste of life.
, he posted on a sharing-bulletin-board for Vietnamese crocheting-pictures.
>>
>>3821768
The very meme you're using suggests that 4chan users don't consider the site important.
>>
>>3821768
Chinese cartoons is funny because that is what soccer moms call anime. Random Asian country and random hobby is not funny and is reddit humor incarnate. kys
>>
>>3821927
>being this upset about an Indonesian sewing forum
>>
>>3821768
Chinese cartoons is funny because that is what soccer moms call anime. Random Asian country and random hobby is not funny and is reddit humor incarnate. kys
>>
>>3821950
>so upset about the Cambodian marionette chatroom he double posted
>>
>>3817916
http://snescentral.com/
>>
>>3819594
It's not preservation, it's one autist tricking retards into giving him a complete SNES collection.
>>
I cant believe this guy amassed a complete collection of every US SNES game ever made then sold it on ebay.
>>
>>3821993
He found a buyer? Pffhaha.
>>
>>3821963
That's much better.

I mean, none of the common stuff has a download, but most all of the prototypes and unreleased games have a download link.
>>
>>3821952
you sir are a gentleman and a scholar I tip my fedora to you.
>>
>>3820706
Why would he think USPS would redeliver them based on the old info? It was clearly boxes being reused. What a dipshit.
>>
>>3819130
>it's building a database of verified checksums
What a colossal waste of time and money.
>>3820408
Remember the time byuu took everyones money to scan all the SNES box art in really high quality so he could release the scans to the community. But then he kept them all for himself and kept the money.
>>
>>3817947

I'd love to see the poor bastard that took Byuu's calls.

"DO YOU KNOW YOU I AM? I'M BYUU. I SAVED SUPER FAMICOM EMULATION!"

"W...what?"

"I AM THE REASON WHY YOU CAN PLAY CHRONO TRIGGER AND ROCKMAN X3 ACCURATELY!"

"O..okay...what is it that you need, sir?"

"WHY DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?"

"Please, tell me what you need, sir."

"FUCK YOU. I AM THE SOLE REASON WHY THE SUPER FAMICOM IS PLAYABLE TODAY."

"That's..great. Please tell me what you need, sir (puts finger over button to forward call to manager)."

"WHERE ARE MY PAL REGION SUPER NINTENDO GAMES? I NEED THEM TO HAVE ACCURATE DUMPS OF EUROPEAN SUPER NINTENDO GAMES!"

"Um...do you have a tracking number?"

"YES, I WILL GET IT FOR YOU. One second...'

"(Oh my god)"

"Okay, it's RIGHT HERE. RKLJEUI(W#*."

"Sir, could you repeat that?"

"YOU CASUALS CAN'T EVEN GET A SERIES OF SIMPLE LETTERS AND NUMBERS RIGHT, WHILE I CAN ACCURATELY EMULATE THE CX4 CHIP. I BET ITS BECAUSE OF TRUMP HIRING LOSERS. FUCKING CAPITALISM."

"Sir, please repeat the tracking number. (Kill me)"

"OKAY, fine."
>>
>>3823689
>What a colossal waste of time and money.
is it your time or your money?
no?
then why are you being such a whiny little bitch about it?
>>
>>3823752
please go back to programming byuu, your library management system is shit right now and you need to fix it.
>>
>>3823764
it's 3am in byuu-land, genius.
>>
>>3820706
>He is STILL trying to blame USPS when it's been proven several times, even in his own post, that they're pretty much not at fault
I'm starting to think that he has some kind of personal grudge against USPS and isn't actually looking at the situation objectively. Didn't he want to hire a lawyer and sue them for grand theft?
>>
Wowwww do you not know how Customs works?

Yes it can get caught up for a few weeks. Pretty normal. Annoying, but part of life.

> facepalm
>>
>The package was located in a mail recovery center in Georgia
I'd like to know how it ended up there.
>>
I'd rather he be an autistic sperg than a douchebag con-artist, personally. Glad he found the package.
>>
This just in: Byuu is actually Mike Kennedy in disguise!
>>
>>3817869
What is he trying to do exactly?
>>
>>3820048
You sega fag?
>>
>>3821717
>giant attention whore and generally disliked by anyone else who's into emulator development

That squarepusher and his RA shill gang.
>>
File: 1487544390387.jpg (70KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487544390387.jpg
70KB, 431x450px
>>3825142
>He thinks it's just squarepusher

>>3823918
>implying he isn't both

>>3823769
>implying an autistic sperg wouldn't be awake at all hours

>>3823752
>you should be okay with this flaming faggot scamming everyone
top kek
>>
>>3820145
byuu's not a 501(c)(3)/a museum/etc, releasing the ROMs is illegal and violates copyright law. use your fucking brain for a second. even a museum would be hard-pressed to avoid prosecution if they just put a bunch of copyrighted ROMs up on the Internet.

>>3820619
the sha512 checksums are made available on his site to confirm whether existing dumps are valid or invalid.

>>3821993
>>3822025
it was someone on NintendoAge who bought it, you should be able to easily find the thread

>>3823689
he released the checksums, he hasn't hosted the scans because it costs a ton of money to serve that much data

he could just put a torrent out there though, not sure why he hasn't

>>3823859
yes, but byuu is literally autistic, so none of this should surprise anyone.

>>3823914
when packages are not deliverable for various reasons (no postage, damaged or missing address labels, etc), they eventually make their way to one of several processing centers to be destroyed, donated or sold at auction if they are not claimed within 90 days. one of these centers is in Atlanta. the box was most likely going to be auctioned off one the waiting period lapsed.
>>
>>3825176
>byuu's not a 501(c)(3)/a museum/etc, releasing the ROMs is illegal and violates copyright law. use your fucking brain for a second. even a museum would be hard-pressed to avoid prosecution if they just put a bunch of copyrighted ROMs up on the Internet.
on that note, I'm still curious about how the Internet Archive is able to distribute the several hundred gigabytes of ROMs and other copyrighted software they have freely available without getting hit

like, they have full no-intro sets and the entire MAME romset with CHDs and I only found out about that after reading a news article
>>
File: 1486358393548.jpg (59KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1486358393548.jpg
59KB, 408x439px
>>3825176
>releasing the ROMs is illegal and violates copyright law. use your fucking brain for a second. even a museum would be hard-pressed to avoid prosecution if they just put a bunch of copyrighted ROMs up on the Internet.
How about you use YOUR brain for a fucking second, it's not legal and yet individuals are still able to do it. Tell me how groups like the Dumping Union aka ACTUAL preservationists for far more important games are able to release roms and yet this faggot isn't

>he released the checksums, he hasn't hosted the scans because it costs a ton of money to serve that much data
>releasing the checksums to fucking scans
In what universe is that helpful to anyone?
>>
>>3825193
I never said that something being illegal means it isn't possible to do, I said that he doesn't want to do it BECAUSE it is illegal. he doesn't want to get prosecuted for distributing copyrighted material. use your brain.

as far as the checksums go, I meant that he released the checksums to the roms, not checksums to the scans. jesus christ, I could have been clearer about that, but... you know, use your brain.
>>
>>3825270
and before another one of you spergs asks for the checksums:
https://preservation.byuu.org/
>>
>>3825191
The internet archive just complies with takedown orders from owners. I suspect they might be a little more strict about verifying the fact of ownership than some other sites, but I don't think there is really anyone going after 30 year old roms anyway.
>>
>>3821763
He's also hoarding said dump for himself, so this whole "preservation project" is just him using what little e-cred he has to basically obtain these games for dumping for free, with only himself benefitting from the ordeal.
>>
>>3825176
He isn't going to release the scans to the public because he never had any intention of doing so.
>>
>>3825270
>as far as the checksums go, I meant that he released the checksums to the roms, not checksums to the scans. jesus christ, I could have been clearer about that, but... you know, use your brain.
How about you use your brain you fucking twat and write a competent sentence. So you're admitting he's just a selfish cunt who won't even release scans (even though the whole fucking purpose was to produce high quality scans for everyone to enjoy)

>he doesn't want to get prosecuted for distributing copyrighted material. use your brain.
Once again, dozens of people and organizations dumping things for preservation who do so without being prosecuted, games that are much much more important than some shitty PAL SNES rom, not a fucking argument.
>>
>>3825273
>Implying anyone gives a fuck about checksums
Protip dumbass, if I actually cared about a good dump of the PAL version of Donkey Kong Country I'd dump the game myself
>>
File: 1486326407718.png (32KB, 275x417px) Image search: [Google]
1486326407718.png
32KB, 275x417px
How is it that the guy who made the only worthwhile snes emulator can turn out to be such a selfish conceited faggot? Like I appreciate him making bsnes because I use it all the time but this and a lot of the things he's done in the past is making me hate him. He still hasn't released the high quality box art has he?
>>
>>3825408
>the only worthwhile snes emulator
>what is SNES9x
Attitudes like yours make this faggot feel more important than he actually is.
>>
>>3825406
That's why byuu started this preservation project, to ensure that good ROM dumps exist somewhere. The checksums will allow the public to validate whether the rom they possess possesses no inaccuracies whatsoever. He isn't going to release the roms themselves because he is under no obligation to do so, he has never stated anywhere that he would ever do so.
>>
>>3825420
You need a reality check on what "preservation" means then. Checksums aren't gonna preserve shit once every copy of Asterix is wiped out you dumb cunt. Go ask the people in MAME who know they have bad dumps of a certain ROM but no access to the rare hardware to actually dump it correctly. It's a hoarding project.
>>
Byuu is a faggot and only cucks actually buy his whole "preservation" schlemiel like the battered house wives they are
>>
>>3825420
he started it so he could have all the games you faggot.

he's too fucking stupid to ship things and too fucking stupid to wait a week for the usps to look for a package.
>>
>>3825417
snes9x is pretty solid

but it's not accurate enough to do like, development with
dumb shit: there isn't a recent higan version with debug features, making it useless to the people who would appreciate an emulator like this the most
>>
>>3825420
In other words, it is fucking useless because people who would resort to roms are going to get it from google in the first place.
>>
>>3825440
wtf does it even mean
>>
You know what would be awesome? If Byuu updated Higan to only work with roms with the correct checksums he provided.
>>
>>3825516
It would be better if someone just stole the HDD with all the roms and scans that he's hoarding.
>>
>>3825404
and this is based on what, exactly? just him being a dipshit?

why don't you offer to pay for all of the hosting fees and see if he puts them up.

>>3825405
I'm not saying it's "a fucking argument", I am telling you why he has no intention of releasing the roms. whether or not you choose to accept that is a personal problem on your end.

>>3825406
that's literally the point of what he's doing, dumbass.

>>3825417
snes9x is fine if you just want to play snes roms you illegally downloaded from the Internet, but it's not cycle accurate. from a preservation and accuracy standpoint, it doesn't meet the bar.

>>3825443
why would he go to all of this effort to dump roms when he can just download them all from the Internet? you can't be serious.

FYI he doesn't keep these carts, he returns them if they're lent out (like the PAL carts) or he sells them to buy a different region set (he bought, then sold the USA set to get a JAP set)

>>3825516
that would be hilarious

>>3825520
it's probably on a nas in his bedroom. good luck with that one
>>
File: 1486354408120.png (129KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1486354408120.png
129KB, 2000x2000px
>>3825754
byuu please kill yourself you embarrassment of a human being
>>
>>3825754
>why don't you offer to pay for all of the hosting fees and see if he puts them up.
Yeah I mean image hosts don't exist in 2017, and there's definitely no file uploading services that give you 50 free gigabytes upon signing up. No clearly the only way to upload scans is to host it yourself.

>I am telling you why he has no intention of releasing the roms
Because he's a selfish twat?

>whether or not you choose to accept that is a personal problem on your end.
Not like I give a shit about PAL roms nerd, but this bumbling fairy rang up every news post he could so I'm commenting on how stupid this whole ego project is and how nobody's actually gonna get anything out of it.

>that's literally the point of what he's doing, dumbass.
I didn't need some sperg to tell me a bad rom was bad dipshit, you realize there's ways of knowing whether or not the rom you dumped is good or not without a previous checksum right? Of course you don't because you haven't dumped anything in your life, which is rich considering your tirade about illegally downloading roms. Unless you're byuu himself in which case take the advice above and kill yourself.
>>
>>3819081
Yeah I was thinking that cocksucker probably never released a single rom publicly, making it the gayest jerkoff fest ever
>>
>>3826938
It's a disgrace to call it a preservation project.
Especially when he hasn't even released what he was paid to.
>>
>>3819130
>it's building a database of verified checksums for others to compare against their own dumps, and to aid in additional refinement of higan's SNES core, nothing more, nothing less.

Right, so we should redump all of these roms byuu says are 'bad', til we've got matching checksums because the autist won't share the dumps he claims are 'perfect'. What's next, for an encore is he going to gun down an elementary school filled with kids? This is why autism is bad kids.

Smug elsewhere, queer bait.
>>
>>3819130
btw ya smug asshole, I hope you realize that by hoarding these verified dumps he's continuing to expand the number of hacking projects that are incompatible with proper verified dumps. enjoy dealing with glitched hacks like with famicom wars. ya stupid cocksucker.
>>
>>3826975
>What's next, for an encore is he going to gun down an elementary school filled with kids?
Hyperbole aside, he's probably gonna start one up for another console/format, rake in a shitload of donations/free games for dumping, and pull the same hoarding shit all over again.
>>
>>3817869
No he's just an idiot who overreacted too soon.
>>
>>3828282
>And I mean that literally: he told me straight up the reason he was contacting me was because of the news articles he had encountered on this case.
>>
>>3823914
>>3825176

I literally told him to contact the Recovery Center in Atlanta, GA on multiple occasions. Told him that is likely where it is and if he doesn't act soon they are likely to sell or destroy it.

He sat on his hands saying that the main consumer affairs agent promised him they'd look- and if they don't all hope is lost.

I'm glad he got them back, but he didn't seem to want to fight very hard for it. He lucked out big time.
>>
File: saved by the bell really.jpg (195KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
saved by the bell really.jpg
195KB, 640x480px
>>3829072
> where's my $10,000 worth of games????
> ask the recovery center
> no
>>
>>3818832
eggman
>>
>>3817869
Who is byuu?
>>
>>3831414
An autistic hoarder faghot who made a decent SNES emulator.
>>
>>3826975
Not the anon your arguing with but i will say that you come off as more autistic than Byuu.

That anon has explained shit over 3 fucking times this thread and you don't seem to be getting it.
Piss off and kill yourself.
>>
>>3825754
t. byuu
>>
File: byuu.png (100KB, 1420x837px) Image search: [Google]
byuu.png
100KB, 1420x837px
>>3817886
What makes you say that?
>>
File: byuuscan.jpg (103KB, 650x318px) Image search: [Google]
byuuscan.jpg
103KB, 650x318px
>>3825408
He did
>>
File: ocarina.png (156KB, 1423x1340px) Image search: [Google]
ocarina.png
156KB, 1423x1340px
>>
>>3817869
Byuuuuuu
>>
>>3834092
What the hell I like byuu now
>>
>>3834092
How the fuck are you even alive, if you can't cope with basic depth perception?
I can't even image if he can even play sports
>>
>>3833363
how about you bend over and I fuck your ass, virgin
>>
>>3817869
Georgea were walkers there?
>>
>>3833979
Kek
>>
File: sides.png (64KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
sides.png
64KB, 200x200px
>>3823721
>>
>>3825408
According to some SP rants I remember reading, byuu actually accepted a lot of code from other people but claims its his own work.

SP isn't really a lot better. Most of the good RetroArch features came out at the time that Maister guy was around.

>>3825417
Hey we all respect snes9x here. It's one of the best snes emulators out there. One just can't deny bsnes is more accurate, though.
>>
>>3838297
there is a lot of dispute over this, but what is certain is that several people not named byuu contributed code for bsnes, and then the rights to that code ended up being transferred to byuu. how that happened is in dispute, byuu claims that they willingly transferred it, and the contributors claim that byuu either tricked them or lied about what he was doing in order to become the sole owner of bsnes code.
>>
>>3838489
So how is he the only person in the repository's history anyway? I'd expect there to be lots of commits made by other people

You're essentially telling me he's either (1) dumb enough not to use version control or (2) autistic enough to actually rewrite the history of the repository to overwrite everybody else's commits under his own name
>>
>>3833975
>A day or two after I posted about my network setup, he was on IRC mocking me for that (I don't bother with IRC, but someone sent me a chatlog of that. I keep asking people not to send me such things, but multiple people keep doing it anyway).
>"I-I'm totally NOT a paranoid faggot that scans IRC for mentions of my name!!!! Someone SENT it to me so I had to read it!!"

Good god how transparent and un self aware can one person be? I thought you had to be smart to make an emulator? Or maybe its his huge ego that makes him think everyone else is so dumb that they'd believe anything he wrote?

>>3834092
>can't kill Ganon with every upgrade in the game including the giant sword

I haven't played it since I was a kid, but doesn't Ganon pretty much explode when you start swinging the giant sword at his tail? It's like 1 second or less of swinging and he's dead. I mean come on, its a game made for children...how is it possible for someone to be so autistic about video games and be so bad at them?
>>
>>3838797
You're retarded if you think people don't send drama to e-celebs to see them react and try to start a e-fight.
>>
>>3838690
neither, reread what i said, the other contributors transferred the rights to their code to byuu.
>>
>>3837217
You sound like a literal faggot
>>
>>3838802
And you're retarded for thinking anybody seriously gives a shit about byuu. He's a flamboyant fucking faggot and people react, then he replies to us laughing at him as if it were stalking. What a fucking loser
>>
>>3823721
Noice
>>
>>3838690

byuu doesn't use Git for any of his official releases. Screwtape maintains a higan git repo based on what byuu releases.
>>
>>3839302
>And you're retarded for thinking anybody seriously gives a shit about byuu

You know a lot about him and there is a 163 post on /vr/ about him.
>>
File: 1479232378905.jpg (150KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1479232378905.jpg
150KB, 600x450px
>>3841209
>byuu doesn't use Git for any of his official releases.

Lol I sure hope he at least uses a private git repo on his own private server or bitbucket or something. The year 2017 and still not using git? I honestly don't think it is possible to be that stupid. Even goddamn Microsoft uses git now.
>>
>>3817869
Ugg enough
>>
>>3841846
jojo reference
>>
File: 1486500092618.jpg (14KB, 210x263px) Image search: [Google]
1486500092618.jpg
14KB, 210x263px
>>3838802
>byuu
>eceleb
>>
>>3841905
ed-G af
>>
>>3833975
>my space-after-ellipses may be correct usage according to style guidelines, but almost nobody every does that.
>>
>>3841601
He might use git privately for all I know but he only releases tarballs. Same with Mednafen's developer, Ryphecha, who doesn't use a public git repository.
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.