[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Sticky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

So, uh, has anyone noticed that the sticky's image was lost during that image upload error yesterday?
>>
This board is for the discussion of classic, or "retro" games. Retro gaming means consoles, computer games, arcade games (including pinball) and any other forms of video games on platforms launched in 2005 and earlier.
>>
Definitely noticed. Hopefully it gets fixed?
>>
>>3817823
2005 includes the Xbox 360.

It should be 2002 and earlier.
>>
File: 1486405950851.jpg (43KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
1486405950851.jpg
43KB, 450x337px
>>3817829
>tfw will never be able to talk about shogun total war or disciples 2 on /vr/
>>
>>3817829
It should be 1993 and earlier. moot's initial hunch to ban 5th generation consoles was right.
>>
Rules debate thread?
All else aside, we should get something added that clearly explains what Windows games are discussed here.
>>
>>3818516
Pre-Vista for Windows games.
Xbox and before for consoles.
>>
It's not a problem with the sticky only, other threads get their OP images blank, and it also happens in other boards as well.

As for rule discussion: we need /v2k/
>>
>>3818548
Duh, everyone knows that.
>>
>>3818516
anything that runs on a retro OS should be allowed desu
if i can boot it up on my windows 98 pc it should be allowed
>>
>>3818548
>/v2k/ never ever
>>
>sticky is fixed
>no updates
>>
>>3817823
>2005
Please don't let this happen,
I swear to god I will never shut the fuck up about the ps2 if this happens.
It will ruin me
>>
>>3818609
>anything that runs on a retro OS should be allowed desu
>if i can boot it up on my windows 98 pc it should be allowed

http://fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=63378
>>
>>3820169
If doom 3 could actually run on my pentium II it should be allowed. Of course you are just being obtuse.
>>
File: 256px-Gsbox[1].jpg (29KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
256px-Gsbox[1].jpg
29KB, 256x255px
>>3818548
>/v2k/
>When there is already an slow and full of redundant threads about retro gaming.

You are not tired of sega vs nintendo threads, aren't you?
>>
>>3821930
I'm tired, but I'd be even more tired if we included 6th gen console war shitposting.
I enjoy the occassional 1st/2nd gen and pinball threads on /vr/.

/v2k/ is a good idea and the best /vr/ came up with in agreement during meta threads discussions.
>>
>>3821940
If you divide this board even further by making another one then both will be dead.
>>
>>3822030
Yeah, that's the main argument for amending the sticky to include the gba on /vr/ (and possibly Gamecube/PS2/Xbox), but >NOT RETRO autists are having none of that.
>>
>>3822046
This is the only board on the site with a finite amount of discussion topics. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>3822030
>>3822046
>>3822075
No, it won't mean dead board.
/v/ is, after /b/, the fastest board on 4chan, right? It has a ridiculous amount of traffic. It's only natural /v/ would be divided and have at least a handful of sub-boards, so far we have /vr/ and /vg/ (/vp/ isn't a vidya board, Pokemon is a multimedia franchise, and people still discuss Pokemon vidya on /v/ boards).
/vr/, as it is, is pretty alive, it's faster than other boards that are older (like /m/, /jp/, /an/, many others).
On the other hand, there would be a significant amount of topics to discuss at /v2k/, remember, it wouldn't just be 6th gen, it would also be the whole 7th gen (10 years worth of vidya), and also /v2k/ would keep expanding everytime there is a new generation.
>NOT RETRO autists
The autism here is thinking "Retro" means a set amount of years. The main argument of "6th gen is retro"fags is that "in this online dictionary I found that Retro is something that is 15 years old", when they're ignoring there isn't an official amount of years for something to be retro, some dictionaries say retro can be something from 50 years ago. In the end, this is discussing semantics.
/v2k/ would fix the whole "is it retro yet?" whiny thing, because even if you include 6th gen on /vr/, then one demographic will be satisfied, but another one will want their own childhood on here (don't forget, Wii, PS3 and 360 came out like 10 years ago, there are people now in their 20 who have childhood memories with these consoles). So the whining will be constant.
Best solution, as already stated, is /v2k/, everyone wins, and no more "how many years is retro" discussion. This board is pre-1999, regardless of what "Retro" means.
>>
>>3822272
>/v/ is, after /b/, the fastest board on 4chan, right?
Not any more. Not sure about /b/ but /pol/ is faster than /v/ nowadays. Though all of them are too fast for their own good.
>>
>>3822075
>This is the only board on the site with a finite amount of discussion topics

But that's wrong. You can discuss new games released on retro systems. For example that one new fighting game for SNES developed by ex-SNK devs, that's fine on /vr/.
Or news about beta ROMs being discovered, and really, the amount of vidya released between whatever year the first video game was invented until the year 2000 is ridiculous, there's always going to be something to discuss.
Also your argument is flawed because even if we include 6th gen, it'd still be "finite".
>>
>>3822280
oh well, you get my point.
>>
>>3822075
/an/ is pretty limited by the amounts of lifeforms.
Not like they create a new one every day. At best they discover one that wasn't widely known.

There are far more retro games than /vr/ can ever cover. It only stagnates when no fresh blood or extra knowledge (such as by playing a game you didn't play before) is added to the pool.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.