[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GRADIUS THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: GradiusIIICover.jpg (2MB, 2100x1542px) Image search: [Google]
GradiusIIICover.jpg
2MB, 2100x1542px
Let's have a Gradius thread. I just finished the SNES port of Gradius 3 (first of the series for me), any recommendations as to what to play next?
>>
thunderforce, just so you can see how it's done
>>
>>3817795
Gradius Collection for psp. It includes original arcade versions from 1 to 4 with adjustable difficulty if you're used to (easy) difficulty of snes port. Gradius Gaiden is also included on this collection. After all those play Gradius 5 on ps2.

There's also Salamander Collection on psp, which includes both Salamanders (including Life Force -varitation of first one) and Konami's attempt to make a R-Type clone, Xexex.
>>
File: smugblobs.jpg (9KB, 250x123px) Image search: [Google]
smugblobs.jpg
9KB, 250x123px
>>3817795
>playing the casual version of Gradius III
>>
>>3817887
I know, anon. I'm hoping for more of a challenge with some recommendations.

>>3817871
Thanks, I just got a new PSP online so this will go great!

>>3817832
Never heard of it, will look into this, thanks
>>
>>3817871
In your opinion, how is Xexex? Don't mean to derail the thread but I was looking to get into R-type soon as well.
>>
>>3817887
Would you say SNES 3 is casual because of the slowdown alone? Or does it also have something to do with the level design?
>>
>>3817913
More powerful weapons to choose from (like Shrink) + removed enemies and patterns to compensate for SNES' shitty 2.5mhz cpu. Also missing the hardest level.
>>
>>3817913
Slowdown is also present in arcade version. There are basically 4 parts which make the arcade version hard. There are also lot of other smaller changes which make the game harder, but these ones alter the difficulty most:

1) Small fire balls on fire stage aren't destroyable, so you can't just shoot everything like snes version.

2) The whole cube stage, which doesn't exist in snes version at all.

3) Closing ceilings and floors on final stage aren't as slow and forgiving as in snes version. Like with cube stage, you basically have to learn which parts move you can complete the stage.

4) The "spider boss" before final boss is completily different and to avoid dying you have cram your ship into small hole.

Also there is this "3d" stage on arcade version, which doesn't exist in snes version. It isn't hard tough, it's propably easiest (and most boring) stage in whole series.
>>
>>3817939
I used shrink for my play through, its definitely the best "shield" I can see why it would be OP

>>3818000
This is really detailed, thanks a lot! You guys rock
>>
>>3817887
>Also missing the hardest level
But the hardest level in the arcade is the fortress.

Gradius III snes is fine, even some Gradius veterans prefer it over the arcade
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.