[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FACT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

File: Castlevania_-_Dracula_X.jpg (1MB, 2100x1524px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_-_Dracula_X.jpg
1MB, 2100x1524px
>this game is better than Rondo of blood
>>
>>3817428
Protip: It isn't
>>
File: vs.jpg (598KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
598KB, 1920x1080px
>>3817430
it is
>>
File: wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>3817432
>>
>>3817432
>slowed down and floaty
>shitty flames instead of nice backgrounds
>music is supposedly better because it's on a soundchip
>>
>>3817430
>>3817438
>hurrrondo is better
Ok, but why?
>durrrondo is better
every thread ever
>>
>>3817442
>>3817439
The only defence you mouthbreathers have is LE JAPAN EXLCUSIVE
>>
FACT: OP is a fag
>>
I find it hard to believe that someone who likes Rondo wouldn't like Dracula X, it's like a sequel to it with all new levels and many new bosses.

Sometimes I think Castlevania threads are populated by people who don't really like the series, just want to shitpost console wars, like australia-kun.
>>
Ive played both. Can confirm
>>
Rondo is better balanced. Dracula X is way too unforgiving. Plus Rondo has this:

- Two playable characters
- Savegames
- Boss demos
- Two paths through the game
- A way better soundtrack in CD quality
- Overall better level design and boss encounters

Rondo and SotN are the two Castlevania games that rule supreme!
>>
>>3817449
>muh Autralians
It plays very differently from Rondo, it feels like some other company made a fangame.
>>
>>3817458
>Australians
Australia-kun is 1 guy (who is very easy to spot, since mods always delete posts with his IP, and he always complains about it). "Australia-kun" is also just a nickname, he's a britbong.
>>
File: castlevania-dracula-x-3.jpg (59KB, 554x416px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania-dracula-x-3.jpg
59KB, 554x416px
>>3817458
>It plays very differently from Rondo

Outside from the fact it doesn't have the OP bible sub-weapon and you can't play as Maria, how does it play different?

>made a fangame

You wish a fangame looked this good, it's a late SNES title by Konami, come on. Also it plays the same, unless you can prove me otherwise, Richter still controls the same.
>>
>>3817471
Like I said earlier jumps feel way to floaty making the whole game feel off
>>
>>3817473
Prove it. Jump is the same as on Rondo.
>>
>>3817476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Oz0waVxEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtnnCS_tsq0
jump is slighty slower and a bit higher
>>
>>3817484
I don't see it, both look and play the same to me.

Also
>slightly
>a bit

I thought you said it was "way to floaty" (sic), now it's just slightly and a little?

It's the same dude, you just don't like it because it's on a Nintendo system.
>>
>>3817490
No, I though it was floaty but maybe that's because I played the PAL version (no bully)
>>
>>3817493
That'd explain it, then.

The only real difference I see is that Richter moves his shoulders faster on DX, and slower on Rondo, but the walking speed looks slower on DX, not sure if it's an illusion because of the sprite animation though.
But the jump height and weight look and feel the same.
>>
Dracula X music is unironically superior.
>>
File: 1233072269591.png (234KB, 542x359px) Image search: [Google]
1233072269591.png
234KB, 542x359px
Remember to report reposting threads.
>>
Dracula X SNES has inferior and lazier level designs, stupider bosses, and lower quality music. Only a retard would prefer it to Rondo.
>>
>>3817954
>Dracula X SNES has inferior and lazier level designs, stupider bosses

Care to elaborate?

And by that I mean, post proof. Otherwise it's just an opinion.
>>
>>3818365
>Care to elaborate?
I sure love copypasted purple spearmen everywhere and Shaft going from a boss rush + a rematch with him as a ghost paired up with a bone dragon to a guy that throws tombstones at you.
>>
>>3818382
Death on a boat is cooler than Death on the clock tower, too. And he's not even a mandatory fight in the SNES version, you have to save all the whyte womyn in order to get him. Lame.
>>
>>3818382
>I sure love copypasted purple spearmen everywhere

Everywhere is kind of an exaggeration, but what's wrong with them? They made you suffer on the clock tower? Hehe.

>Shaft going from a boss rush + a rematch with him as a ghost paired up with a bone dragon to a guy that throws tombstones at you.
You're confusing Shaft with the Necromancer (a boss exclusive to Dracula X).

That said, I don't think DX is better than Rondo, but the hate DX gets is out of proportions, I don't think both games are that different outside of DX being harder. I agree with >>3817449
>>
File: 20090831_479003.jpg (20KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
20090831_479003.jpg
20KB, 302x302px
>>3818392
>Death on a boat is cooler than Death on the clock tower, too.

Death on the top of the clock tower is amazing, a fight over a boat is cool too, but I don't think it fits Death as well as a big spooky clock.
>>
>>3818395
>but what's wrong with them?
It's lazy. Ever heard of enemy variety? XX probably has half as many enemies as the Rondo version.

>You're confusing Shaft with the Necromancer (a boss exclusive to Dracula X).
Put two and two together. Shaft is a necromancer...
>>
>>3818402
>It's lazy. Ever heard of enemy variety? XX probably has half as many enemies as the Rondo version.

Not as many, but not as low as half of them.
To be honest, Rondo has more enemies, but less of them around levels, and some of them only appear once or twice in the whole game, which isn't a bad thing, but most of the time you'll be fighting skeletons, axe knights and lance knights... like in DX.
DX has less enemies, but more of them, more often. You might hate that repetition and prefer the more relaxed pace of Rondo (and I do, too), but that doesn't mean the other game is bad because of it, Castlevania 1 has much less enemy variety and yet it manages to feel a full game, like DX is.

>Put two and two together. Shaft is a necromancer...
Yeah it's probably inspired by the ghost shaft boss fight, but it's decidedly a brand-new boss fight that isn't mean to be the same one, not even the boss sprite is the same (DX's necromancer's sprite is much better than Shaft, you gotta admit).
>>
File: 1t4H6Ecg.gif (6KB, 173x196px) Image search: [Google]
1t4H6Ecg.gif
6KB, 173x196px
Both of them are good games!
>>
>>3817471
>That picture
Fuck you and fuck that game. Never in a Castlevania game have I ever had a bat spawn on top of me until I played Dracula X. Not only that the lance men are beyond annoying. Easily the weakest classic Castlevania.
>>
>>3818443
>being this casual
>>
>>3818456
>being this masochistic
Fuck off with pretending to be some hardcore gamer so you can earn more e-peen points. Bad design is bad design, simple as that.
>>
>>3818456
t. dark souls 2 fan
>>
>>3818461
>Bad design is bad design

It's not bad design though.

>>3818464
only souls game I played is demon's. was alright, but overrated.
>>
>>3818443
>Never in a Castlevania game have I ever had a bat spawn on top of me until I played Dracula X.
Don't they do that in the export version of III?
>>
>>3818440
Sorry, it is illegal to have this opinion.
>>
File: DXmaria.jpg (141KB, 280x640px) Image search: [Google]
DXmaria.jpg
141KB, 280x640px
>>3818440
Agreed.
>>
>no animu cutscenes
>no retarded out of context stages
>no hidden stuff with weird enemies, bosses
>no weird sound effects
>NES tier difficult
>superior music
>actually feels like playing a good old Castlevania

I once liked Rondo but then I realized it looks more like a fangame.
>>
File: dogether.gif (36KB, 96x114px) Image search: [Google]
dogether.gif
36KB, 96x114px
>>3818574
>doesn't like weird enemies
Opinion discarded.
>>
Best Rondovania coming through
>>
>>3818456
I've beaten it. It is a crap game and Rondo is superior to it easily.
>>3818471
It is atrocious design.
>>
File: 1236760989788.jpg (61KB, 571x570px) Image search: [Google]
1236760989788.jpg
61KB, 571x570px
>>3818754
Thanks for your opinion.
>>
Best SNESvania by a mile, but it's nowhere near Rondo's level of greatness.
>>
>>3817484
i've never played either game, but judging by these examples the snes version looks and sounds much better. OP might not be a faggot this time
>>
>>3817954
snes music sounds better. the electronic synth sound has aged better than the glam rock cd music
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.