[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toronto Shopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (99KB, 630x471px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 630x471px
Bit of a specific question but does anyone know where I can get cheap games in Toronto? I mean flea markets and such.
>>
have a sign that says "will suck dick for retro games"
>>
>>3816841
facebook groups

if you dont mind paying exorbitant prices, i know the personal phone numbers of 3 or 4 nintentoddlers, they actually legit control the market for rare and expensive snes and NES games and other rare shit.

or just a heads up, avoid these fuckers like the plague.
>>
>>3816841
Sauga here, I'd say your best bet would be to get outside toronto/gta for okay prices.Toyratt out in milton's not bad, still expensive on bigger name games, but better than toronto prices overall. Avoid places like A&C, Gamehoard, and VGPlus like the plague
>>
I was thinking of going to this
https://hamilton.craigslist.ca/vgm/6015409929.html
but I'm sceptical about driving all the way out there and then the prices being too high, or the selection sucking balls.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 250x250px
>>3818210
> Toyratt
Thanks anon, will look into. I'm just pressed for time as fuck so it'll have to wait. A&C isn't awfull in my opinion. Worse then pic related but its right by UofT as has a bigger selection then pick related. Markup is like 5 bucks unless you're dumb enough to buy REALLY old stuff from them.

Of course nothing compares to the fleamarket deals people share here where they get $700 bucks of games for a toonie and some lint.
>>
>>3818236
Looks like a decent selection, but you'd probably have to go right when it opens to even get a chance
>>
>>3818274
Yeah, I feel you, most of my best finds have been from friends looking to get rid of stuff.

Dunno if A&C's gotten better now, but the last time I went their prices were kinda ridiculous to me at least (Sonic 2 for $25 springs to mind)
>>
>>3816841
kys

that's the only valuable advice I can give a square head
>>
>>3819067
> square head
What?
>>
File: tflighthotasx-2-1280x1024.jpg (53KB, 640x600px) Image search: [Google]
tflighthotasx-2-1280x1024.jpg
53KB, 640x600px
>>3816841
What a one dimensional question, what a weak thread.

What about where you can get a cheap flightstick in Toronto? Or where you can get a cheap saturn-style gamepad? Or where you can get a cubieboard/hummingboard/etc?
>>
>>3816841
KW fag here. Toronto is a dead zone for gaming. KW is quickly becoming the same. In recent years, everyone has become wise and the prices are through the roof. Everyone knows that video games are collector's items and will price them as such.

Any business that deals with retro or vintage games isn't going to give you a good price, at all, ever. The store owners will always go to game swaps and jack the prices. Unless you're willing to pay collector's prices, you probably won't find anything.

The only good places left in Ontario are the boonies. Like, the no-name towns that hardly appear on maps. A lot of the small towns in Northern Ontario have by-laws forbidding certain types of basements, so the houses don't have a lot of storage space. These towns are full of people who will sell their shit to make room in their houses.

If you want to be a collector in Toronto, you'd better have the money to commit.
>>
>>3818274
I've been to Toyratt a few times. I remember asking him for a boxed Donkey Kong Country 2 in his glass case a few years ago. The owner, with a shit-eating grin on his face gave me some ridiculous outlandish price like $200. I remember going to my car and checking the prices on it thinking "Am I really that out-of-touch?" Nah, it ends up that he's just a scumbag and will just come up with a price on the spot sometimes.

Never went back.
>>
>>3820998
The thread was on page 10 you idiot you could have just let it die.
>>
>>3822930
No!
>>
File: DKC2.png (415KB, 1268x529px) Image search: [Google]
DKC2.png
415KB, 1268x529px
>>3822929
>>3822929
desu anon, it looks like he was right on the money.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 600x680px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 600x680px
>>3818295
Personally I see it at having a convince fee. I can try to hunt a game down for weeks for a decent price at a flea market or some grognard tier basement shop, order over e-bay and risk typical e-bay shittery, or pay a few bucks extra and get the game in a few min.
>>
>>3818236
Sigh, so I went to this sale. I had emailed them beforehand to ask about pricing and they said "over half of the games were $5 and the most expensive game is $100". I'm surprised a church would lie but I suppose I shouldn't be. The first game I looked at was Conker's cartidge for $200 with a scuffed label. I'd say over half of the games were over $30 except for the 500 copies of Madden for the Genesis.

Indeed, it's a tough time to love retro video games.
>>
File: altar2.jpg (92KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
altar2.jpg
92KB, 600x453px
>>3826971
>I'm surprised a church would lie but I suppose I shouldn't be.

I worked in a church for 14 years. Nothing that goes on in those places would surprise me anymore.

Downtown Hamilton used to be amazing with tons of pawn shops selling stuff for cheap, but those times are gone.
>>
>>3826971
okay, but did you buy anything?
>>
>>3827958
lol no. As much as I'd love to acquire another couple of games, I'm not going to pay exhorbitant prices. I left empty handed and it seemed many others were doing the same.
>>
File: valuevillage.jpg (493KB, 1000x682px) Image search: [Google]
valuevillage.jpg
493KB, 1000x682px
Yeah Toronto is pretty awful for anything /vr/ even sauga is a waste of time. When the thrift stores are charging as much as the resellers, and the resellers are higher than ebay with shipping and tax included then you know it's time to start looking elsewhere.

I used to do the summer garage sale run arounds but there are so many reseller stores and they all send out their staff and friends to all the sales 2 hours before they start to hassle people into selling to them early, and that's before you take into consideration the hordes of people hunting.

I've been at sales before, seen a car pull up on the door, someone jumps out, runs up to the guy running the sale, almost drooling shout "VIDEO GAMES?!" and before the host has even had a chance to get halfway through saying "n-" the guy is back in the car as the driver speeds them off to the next place on their checklist.

It's insane how competitive it is here to find something before it gets to the hands of the resellers.

Jokes on that guy though, he missed a copy of MMX8 for $2 that I found after they drove off.
>>
>>3829050
It used to not be bad. I got Beyond and Legend of Oasis both together for $30 from a Mississauga strip mall place around 2002, and Nomad from a place in the Eaton's Center for $50 but that was also around the same time. Things are very different now.

But also, that image is very telling. Gamecubes for $30 won't stay at that price forever either.
>>
>>3827030
what am i supposed to be looking at in this picture?
>>
>>3829050
>mario bros/duck hunt
>10 dollars
that cart is the frampton comes alive of NES they should be free.
>>
File: westdale united church hamilton.jpg (46KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
westdale united church hamilton.jpg
46KB, 400x338px
>>3829595
The altar at the church I worked at for a decade and a half. I keep it around as a happy memory of nasty things me and my girlfriend at the time used it for.
>>
>>3829578
I dunno man, gamecubes feel like a pretty shit investment imo(unless you nab them for basically free).

Thing thing with gamecubes is, they may have a lot of good games... but the ratio of consoles to games is just totally bonkers, you have millions upon millions of consoles, and maybe a couple million(if you're lucky) of some of the better games. Not to mention cheap ass wiis with backwards compatibility do not help out prices, at all.

In other words, there's way too many gamecube consoles(and wiis) and not nearly enough games to warrant much of a price increase for gamecube consoles, if any.

I mean, maybe if you're playing the LOOOONG game... but look at the OG playstation; it's still dirt cheap, no doubt thanks to ps2 &3 backwards compatibility. Even then, with shipping fees and such, your profits are likely to be razor thin.

That's just my 2c.
>>
>>3829578
>>3829649

Yeah cubes were totally replaced by the wii, I don't see them appreciating in value at all when you can plug 4 gc controllers and gc memory cards into the wii and get the exact same experience.

I saw the Pokemon XD special edition cube in the same VV as my picture >>3829050 and it was $40 which might actually be the amazon price, I'd never seen one before.
>>
>>3816841
Aren't they more expensive there
>>
>>3829618
Oh god, those coercive SJW fucks? At least normal churches lean away from tech related things, but these fuckers perceive it as a delicious arena for their "oppressor" hunting mental infestation escapades.
>>
I was there once and it was CONSIDERABLY more expensive
>>
>>3830047
>>3829649
Ahh yes that's a good point. I'd forgotten about Wii backwards comparability, actually I'd forgotten all about the Wii in general for a bit there. I'm not into collecting at all anymore though so I'm pretty out of the loop. Just saw the low price tag and thought about all the inflation talk that happens here.

>>3830638
I was the one who posted that and I legitimately have no idea what you're even trying to say there. I at least recognize "sjw" but it seems to me like social justice is one of the things a church ought to be fighting for. I have no idea what you mean by the tech reference, I don't remember them having any particular view on technology, though it's been a few years.

I will say this though, it was the most hostile places I've ever worked with more secrecy and backstabbing from virtually everyone than I've ever seen anywhere else. Jesus said a lot of great things and the religion has many positive aspects to it. But it amazed me that people can devote so much of their lives to something that preaches understanding and compassion and then be the complete opposite.
>>
Anyone here tried that Bunz trading group? Some people have good games posted there, it might be a good way to offload duplicates.
>>
>>3831529
Thanks for the hot tip, anon.
>>
>>3822920
Former KW, current Sarnia here. This is 100% true to the letter. Shops and swaps all the way to Windsor are a mess but I come across gems out here all the time. There's a store called The Cave, they get gems now and then and Flea Markets in the area always have decent Vidya buried.
>>
>>3833448
How are the Goodwill and Value Village in Sarnia?
>>
>>3816841
why does toronto always have awesome looking clouds?
>>
>>3834470
Dude, that's a tsunami. Show some sensitivity.
>>
>>3822920
Are you rerez?
>>
>>3831196
No wonder they're like that, even the extra-Jesusy, extra-gentle "dissidents" with them still believe that a church should be fighting those who they deem out of line with their ideology.

Tech ends up included because they feel the need to diversify their meddling-target portfolio.

But hey, 2/3 of this city officially belongs to Jesus, so you're kinda disallowed seeing a church meddling as *fighting* against people who aren't even under their jurisdiction, though statscan won't even let us have figures for these freaks or any specific protestants.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.