[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love this game, so what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

File: DinoCrisisCoverScan.png (2MB, 998x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DinoCrisisCoverScan.png
2MB, 998x1000px
I love this game, so what?
>>
I love it too

Is there contention with this game?
>>
File: Regina014.jpg (43KB, 312x570px) Image search: [Google]
Regina014.jpg
43KB, 312x570px
>>3816540

Not as far as Im aware. The general consensus I always seen was favorable. It's always one of the names that come up when talking about favorite dead series
>>
>>3816558
>>3816540
NONE OF THE DINOSAURS WERE ACCURATE.
>>
>>3816526
Dino Crisis was well received and sold well too. Why do you think liking Dino Crisis makes you a closet faggot?
>>
>>3816565
Dinos aren't portrayed accurately in popular culture anyways, its a lost cause by now.

Also, it's a shame that Jurassic World, despite its box-office, haven't managed to revive public interest in them, so we'll probably neve see another good dinossaur game being made ever again.
>>
>>3816526

It's always mentioned in top PS1 game lists.
>>
>>3816526
It's actually pretty cool.
>>
2 is better
>>
>>3816526
Yes, and so did the majority. Do you think you're a special snowflake? Are you stupid?
>>
File: dino_crisis_3.jpg (251KB, 843x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dino_crisis_3.jpg
251KB, 843x1200px
Hello~!
>>
I loved this game more than any other when i was a kid. Most of the passcodes and DDK passwords are my passwords for real life stuff.
It took me forever to beat as a kid. I remember getting to the red blue green pipes puzzle (near the pteranodons) and getting stumped. I also couldnt figure out the passcode in the chiefs room (where the t-rex attacks you).
At this point I thought I was nearing the end of the game. I would watch the ctuscene which plays on the start screen if you dont press anything, and see parts i'd never seen before, it got me really excited.
I ended up buying the guide, and realized i was only about half way through the game.
One of the best survival horror games ever made, on par with resi imo.
Nowadays i can complete it in about 3 hours, with tonnes of surplus ammo and poison darts.
DC2 is also a great game, some really amazing background art, and great fun.

>>3817128
I used to go to my local GAME store all the time and ask when this was coming out. They said it was going to be released on PS2. I lost interest when i found out it was xbox exclusive (much like i did with munch's oddysee), and it looks like i didnt miss out on anything.
I really oughta play it one of these days though.
>>
>>3817128
you know, while I'm not exactly fond of the direction it took with the series, it would've been a fine game if not for that fucking fixed camera

there's a reason modern controls and fixed camera angles don't mix, and there's a reason nobody wants to play a game where you're flying around like an asshole and the camera angle keeps switching, with dinosaurs spawning each angle change a la DC2
>>
>>3816526
>I love this game, so what?
Fuck you?
>>
i own it. i think its ok so far. not very invested. its very arcade-ey. not too into it, but i own it. yup. don't love it.
>>
I'm pretty sure this was one of the games that inspired what became RE4.
>>
File: 20100728shine10.jpg (81KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
20100728shine10.jpg
81KB, 900x800px
Regina is so cool
>>
Crazy that it was fully 3d while no resi game was after it.
>>
>>3819131

Code Veronica.
>>
>>3819131
>>3819137
ANON BTFO
>>
File: 1449660913692.jpg (271KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1449660913692.jpg
271KB, 720x1280px
>>3816526
I still quote it from time to time. The writing and voice acting is classic Capcom.
>>
File: 1373453582658.jpg (126KB, 650x945px) Image search: [Google]
1373453582658.jpg
126KB, 650x945px
>>
>>
File: ass experiment room.png (54KB, 776x585px) Image search: [Google]
ass experiment room.png
54KB, 776x585px
it seems I completely forgot to post this
>>
is there any doubt this game is good?
anyways, i had a good laugh recently when i realized how dumb a name dino crisis really is.
>>
I remember the black raptors that could OHKO you.
>>
do the dinos respawn?
>>
>>3816526
you are a fine man
>>
File: IMG_4474.jpg (217KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4474.jpg
217KB, 720x960px
Would you fuck Regina?
>>
File: Dylan&ReginaDesignWorks.png (428KB, 437x650px) Image search: [Google]
Dylan&ReginaDesignWorks.png
428KB, 437x650px
>>3820447
daily

I would let use my face as a chair

the things I would do to her are probably immoral

regina is #1 capcom girl
>>
>>3820447
she'd be doing the fucking honestly
>>
File: IMG_4476.jpg (259KB, 679x1013px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4476.jpg
259KB, 679x1013px
She gets raped next page.
>>
>>3820826
I almost wish that doujin was a series. At least then we'd get some more Regina art.

More Regina rape too, that's something.
>>
To the anon wanting to play Dino Crisis 3: imagine you're a space soldier with a ton of options (those little spheres that follow your ship on Gradius) pissing lasers at an enemy, all at once. Also, terrible platforming in 3D. Boss fights can be pretty cool, if you discount the fact that your options are doing 99% of the job.

I don't really know where the Dino Stalker (Gun Survivor 3) entry can fit the canon. It seems like it's during the game (Paula still alive), but also after it (Dylan is his young self instead of the old guy). For anyone who doesn't know, in Gun Survivor 3: Dino Stalker, you play as a time-displaced WW2 aircraft pilot, and you meet Paula (the blonde girl in DC2).

I only finished DC1 a few times, because my game as in japanese. But I still got how to make sleeping darts, and that made the game a whole lot easier. It seemed weird at the time to me, but it was actually a stroke of genius: using medical supplies to make sleeping darts. You trade safety (health) for another kind of safety (putting dinos to sleep).

I must have finished DC2 more than 20 times, and back then, in 2000, I never managed to trigger the blue raptor to appear. One game file makes a passing mention to them, but as I couldn't trigger them, I thought they were just an in-game urban legend. I didn't browse the internet back then (only started browsing in 2001). What you have to do is actually get a really high combo (I think above 25?), and this is only possible in a few areas.
>>
>>3820406
In DC2, the dinos respawn after you clear the screen off them. However, they're not infinite. Let's say there are 20 raptors in a single screen. If you kill 20, go out and into the room again, kill 20 more, out and in the room, there'll be less dinos the third time, and they won't respawn in that area anymore. I know because there's a prime area for racking up points, where you have to kill Plesiosaurs (aquatic long-necked dinosaurs). I believe you can kill 25 + 25 + 12 of them in there, then they won't appear anymore. Or is it 25 + 25 + 25 + 12, I forgot. The point is, when less dinos appear, it's their final respawn.

>>3819131
It had camera angles, didn't it? I know a few areas are completely 3D, like right when you enter the facility (the camera follows you), but I think a lot of environments were pre-rendered.
I could be remembering wrong, though.
>>
>>3816565
Hello, underage.
>>
>game with limited ammo
>respawns enemies

It was fucking stupid and you know it.
>>
>>3820950
Although they respawn in 1, you're not supposed to go through most areas more than once. I think only in the final stretch you need to go past an area 2 or 3 times.

In DC2, the ammo is almost infinite.
>>
Should dc1 on the dreamcast or ps1 version?
>>
>>3820915
regina goes back in time to save dylan, but dylan stays behind to personally unfuck time. he and his future space daughter stick behind in fucktime and they decide to take a good enough fighter from a time when he was basically going to die. the 2 dinosaur twin bosses are basically the "anti-virus" of the fucktime. you fix time at the end and made it so none of the shit happened in DC2.

that's the story of dino stalker
and I think you just have to get a 20+ combo on raptors and not get hit, then go to another area with raptors and they'll show up
>>
File: 21.png (127KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
21.png
127KB, 400x300px
>>3821020
Dreamcast. It's runs at a higher framerate, higher resolution, has good Anti-Aliasing, is feature complete and it is graphically on par with the PC port. However the PC port's maximum supported resolution is 800x600 so modern monitors hate the game.

The DC version just works.
>>
>>3821020
DC or PC. But honestly, the DC version just looks better.

Also I think both have the same extra content? Does the DC version have the very hard mode of the PC version (which is actually easier because despite being able to die more quickly, you're given a lot more deadly ammo like grenades)
>>
>>3820915
>>3821307
Blue raptor sounds BS to me.

I know DC2 by heart. I've played it many times both on normal and hard.

On Hard difficulty, I oftened managed to get the MAX number of combos in a room without getting hit (there is a max number of Dinos to appear in a room), then leaving and re-entering the room to do it again, and never saw any "blue raptor". BTW there is also a max number of times (or number of dinos?) that can respawn when you leave and re enter a room.
>>
>>3821469
I don't think I've ever gotten any blue raptors, but I remember they were lategame enemies in DC1

and they were the worst
>>
>>3816526
Games don't have to be perfect for you to love them. Personally, I thought it was pretty mediocre. And that the soundtrack was forgettable or bad most of the time. But it was charming.
>>
Is this the most overrated game ever?
>>
>>3821506
therizinos and the harder raptors are easy in dc1.
if you realize that most of the enemies in the first half of the game can easily be dodged, and you find and use loads of plugs, by the second half you will have a crazy amount of ammo.

>>3821469
blue/harder raptors do exist. i got the official guide somewhere, and it does say so.

>>3820921
this guy knows hit shit.
that areas with the plessi's -buy regina's homing missile launcher and ammo upgrade.
and get ready for tonnes and tonnes of points.
i used to rack up so many in them areas, also against the pteranodons.
i still vividly remember the sound of dying plessi's: "ooooooouuuhhh" -SPLASH-

dylons rocket launcher seemed like a waste of time to me. the blue vibration cannon, and the antitank rifle were ultra handy however.

quick question for anyone reading this, the part of the game where u need the 3rd energy facility keycard, but it's in that waterfall area. how many of you realized that? i had to buy the guide to find out.
>>
>>3821514
you don't even need the homing missile launcher

you just need the machine gun

1 shot and they go down

I think I figured that keycard one out myself when I read a file about things ending up there, but I might've looked online, though
>>
>>3821448
How well does it emulate? DC emulation is a bit hit or miss
>>
>>3821469
I think you can't leave and re-enter the same room. You have to enter another room where raptors spawn, hence why you can't do it in every area, since you need an adjacent area with raptors. Here's a video of a pretty bad player doing it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F0Y6XLhzVE

The weird thing is that he got hit, while the guide says to NOT get hit while doing the combo.
>>
>>3821556
Oh yeah, those. I didn't realize that's what people meant by "blue raptor".

>I think you can't leave and re-enter the same room

IIRC it depends on the room, and going back 2 rooms should do the trick, unless you hit the limit of respawns.
>>
>>3821546
Well DC Emulation is quite stable compared to most sixth gen stuff.
It should run just fine on NullDC and sites such as TheISOzone host multiple rips of the game (Pal- English & German, American and Japanese) so of you did run into any compatibility issues you can just go through the Iso's untill one works.
>>
charming atmosphere, interesting item creation, multiple endings, go with dreamcast emulated for the best version

dino crisis 2 is still a lot more fun. probably the only example where a more arcade-like take on the franchise is superior.
>>
>>3817128

DELET THIS!!!
>>
>>3816565
Aren't both here and in JP clones with frog DNA anyway?
>>
>>3822715
They are in JP, but in DC they're supposed to be actual dinos that traveled through time.
>>
>>3821020
Whichever is cheaper.
>>
>>3817138
>I used to go to my local GAME store all the time and ask when this was coming out.

Congratulations, you're one of those autistic retarded faggots that everyone working in those retails stores dreads seeing every time you come in.

Why the fuck would you go to a store to ask the same question "all the time"? See a fucking therapist.
>>
>>3816757
Really? I barely think I've heard of it
>>
>chiefs room
>wondering if i have to waste my bullets on the t-rex
>check guide
>guide gives me the solution to the medal puzzle before i even attempt it

SHIT
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.