[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Batman - Revenge of the Joker.png (17KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Revenge of the Joker.png
17KB, 320x224px
>a 16-bit port of a 8-bit game
>looks worse, plays worse and even sounds worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-ykPd5EgO0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Ivxnpbd5Y

One fucking job.

The cancelled SNES port looks like an even bigger mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vmXxDN-tBE
>>
Raw talent is sometimes more important than technology
>>
>>3816437
More importantly, the fuck happened to sunsoft after the nes died?

They made a ton of amazing games and then just quit.
>>
>>3816437
Because everyone knew that Genesis kids would eat it up and ask for more.
>>
>>3816448
I was shocked to find they were a subsidiary and their parent company invested in a failing Golf Course, killing themselves and then Sunsoft as a result
>>
File: BunnyNuhUh.jpg (17KB, 410x372px) Image search: [Google]
BunnyNuhUh.jpg
17KB, 410x372px
>tfw batman forever was one of the first games I bought with my own money
>Have to judge a game based on its boxart and gaming magazines alone

Safe to say I fucked up. I think I only made it to the warehouse level before rage quitting.
>>
>>3816437
did You actually play it. Its better than the 8 bit in every way
>>
>>3816437
Not sure if trolling; both 16-bit games appear to be ports handled by other studios. Not really Sunsoft's fault.
>>
It's not a port you retarded faggot.
>>
>>3816773
ehhhh
>>
>>3816792
I'd wager they didn't even have access to the source code.
>>
>>3816437
It looks like a serious case of bad artistic direction to me. The sega version screams "we 16-bit now. We can have more colors, make everything colorful as fuck. We can have bigger and more detailed sprites, make them that way. Oh you think it'll be too much work? Just half the amount of frames."

In my opinion they should had used the NES version's graphics with a darker/less saturated palette and it would have looked beautiful.
>>
>>3816437
The Genesis "upgrade" and the cancelled SNES version were outsourced to an european studio instead of being developed in house by Sunsoft of Japan.

>>3816448
I know the feels

Sunsoft 16-bit games were fucking atrocious, both almost all of em were developed by european companies, specially the SNES looney tunes games,.

Man, Capcom made some FANTASTIC games using the Disney characters, even on SNES, so I guess someone needed to have the looney tunes a fair chance, but sadly I think that was the point when Sunsoft wasn't in position to develop in house, hence the outsourcing, and hence them sucking balls.

Rabbit Rampage, sucks
Death Valley Rally, sucks
Los Gatos Bandidos, Sonic Wannabe
Porky's Haunted Holiday, booooring
Taz Mania, Bleh

Oddly enough, Duck Dodgers the Marvin missions and B-ball were tolerable, the Genesis games werent much better.

When it comes to WB vs Disney, at least Konami helped to treat the wounds with their amazing Tiny Toons & Animaniacs titles oh, and the SNES versions of Batman Returns and Batman TAS

At least Sunsoft did Galaxy Fight & Waku Waku 7 and co-developed Clock Tower 3.
>>
Sunsoft just sucks
>>
>>3816437

>You only have to kick the Gargoyles in the Mega Drive version

So James as the AVGN was pretending to be retarded for the episode or is he that dumb?
>>
File: Batman Returns NES-3.png (6KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Batman Returns NES-3.png
6KB, 256x224px
Return of the Joker isn't even that good anyway. It looks nice, sounds nice, but gameplay just isn't good.
On NES I'd rather be playing Batman Returns by Konami.
>>
>>3816984
>The Genesis "upgrade" and the cancelled SNES version were outsourced to an european studio instead of being developed in house by Sunsoft of Japan.
This. It's a port in name only.

>>3817747
They had a different studios working on their post-NES/FC games.
>>
>>3816437
MD version was done by western devs, NES version done by the real Sunsoft, most likely because MD presence was non-existent in Japan
>>
It just looks like someone did a very bad job of it, that's all.
>>
>>3818563
Wasn't the Genesis version of the first Batman developed in-house?
>>
>>3816437
if it had the Sunsoft name on it and wasn't on the NES you could probably give it a pass

at least Waku Waku 7 is a post-NES game they did that's good

>>3817848
honestly, yeah
RotJ is more of a technical showcase rather than an actually good game. It's not utterly miserable, but it's not a great game.
but damn, is it impressive, and it never stops being impressive

they were absolutely stellar as an NES dev
>>
>>3818563
But you're implying the NES version was a port, but it came out first before the Genesis travesty. >>3816984
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.