[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Detective games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: FamDetectiveClub_COVER.jpg (261KB, 1600x1166px) Image search: [Google]
FamDetectiveClub_COVER.jpg
261KB, 1600x1166px
Please recoment me everything and all detective games. Be it retro or new, it doesn't matter. I know only about the silver case and pic related, plus snatchers. What else? Anything else like the silver case?
>>
i have absolutely no experience with this genre, but i always thought Snatcher looked cool
>>
>>3816508
Its pretty cool, plus the ost is great. You should try it out
>>
Nonomura Hospital
>>
>>3816185
Okay, this game is so fucking great.

I played it over a rainy weekend in the evenings while my wife was doing night shift. It was like, chilling at points, and the characters are so great.

10/10 game.
>>
File: file.jpg (147KB, 749x931px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
147KB, 749x931px
Not sure how much of a detective game it really is but EVE burst error has both of its protags be detectives (one's a private detective and the other works for the goverment, though), and there is a quiz at the end about who you think committed each murder depicted in the game. The game's main gimmick, though, is that you can switch between the protags at just about any point in the story, either to see their side of the story or to solve a puzzle, like cooperating to hack into a database.

Best and easiest way to play the game is through Asenheim's web port here: https://tss.asenheim.org/eve-burst-error.html
You can choose between the PC-98 or Sega Saturn art and also use the PC-98 music which I strongly recommend.
>>
>>3818864
I know right? I just started playing it yesterday and absolutely love it, the ost is top tier
>>
File: 1487088809480.gif (492KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
1487088809480.gif
492KB, 500x209px
>>3818957
Thank you so much, anon!! I was looking for this game yesterday but couldn't find it. I owe you one, brother. And thanks for the music tip.
>>
>>3816185
deadly premonition
>>
>>3816185
>Be it retro or new, it doesn't matter.
This board is for the discussion of classic, or "retro" games. Glad I could help.

The Ace Attorney series might be worth a look.
>>
try to check Tex Murphy's game
>>
>>3816185
I think by now two Detective Conan games have been translated. I'd check those out.
>>
File: 88945_front.jpg (58KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
88945_front.jpg
58KB, 630x630px
J. B. Harold games are good
>>
File: 6.jpg (83KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
83KB, 500x448px
The Tantei Saburo Jinguji games are great. If your moonspeak is rusty there's a translated compilation called Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past on the NDS.

Can also recommend the J.B. Harold games. Murder Club and Manhattan Requiem are available on iOS.
>>
http://pixelmenu.22web.org/games.html
>>
>>3819467
I really want to try these out, but I know nothing of moon runes. These look awesome.
>>
>>3819530
This looks pretty cool, it helps me to know all those lesser known games out there. Thanks!
>>
File: yuno24.gif (204KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
yuno24.gif
204KB, 640x400px
>>
I don't know if any of you could help me out, but I remember that someone posted a picture of a screenshot of a game where there was two detectives in a car talking. It looked like a SNES game, so maybe someone knows what game it was?
>>
Nightshade on NES.
>>
>>3816185
>>3818864
>>3818975
Absolutely excellent game.

Try Portopia Serial Murder Case while you're at it.
>>
File: pq2.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
pq2.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>3816185
The Police Quest series
>>
Nancy Drew
>>
>>3816185
I played this game directly off the heels of playing the original Phoenix Wright, Policenauts, then Snatcher back to back. It was like having a mystery game orgasm.
>>
>>3816185
Last thing I played detective related was DejaVu on NES.
Fun little game.
>>
Any good Sherlock Holmes games with a classic 19th centuary setting?
>>
>>3822316
There's a funny Famicom game of Sherlock Holmes were you can kick the shit out of everyone
>>
Policenauts?

Not retro but on DS you will find more game.
Hotel dusk/Last window/Flower, Sun, Rain/Another code and other.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.